You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

too many bad beats

look at my latest bad beat, why do i keep losing on good cards?
this is in the $500 freeroll at 6.30
heres the hand

i have

ace hearts - king hearts

i call, four other callers and the flop comes

7 hearts - 9 hearts - 4 hearts

i have ace flush and move all in

4 0thers also go all in

one of the callers has 4 4 which gives him 3 fours.

the turn card comes its 10

the river another          10

gives him a full house.

Comments

• edited July 2013
      hard to see a bad beat here. can see lots of bad play though.

You have an absolute monster hand and you call. Big no no right there raise everytime.

But then it gets worse for you. You hit a miracle flop just over 100-1 to do so. You get called by a hand that has 40% equity in the pot against you. So you are not even a massive favourite here.

No bad beat here. But some bad play on show
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to too many bad beats:
    look at my latest bad beat, why do i keep losing on good cards? this is in the $500 freeroll at 6.30 heres the hand i have ace hearts - king hearts i call, four other callers and the flop comes 7 hearts - 10 hearts - 4 hearts i have ace flush and move all in 4 0thers also go all in one of the callers has 4 4 which gives him 3 fours. the turn card comes its 10 the river another          10 gives him a full house.
    Posted by wayneypayn
    First problem - you didnt raise.  Second problem is youve not mentioned chip stack or sizes of bets or action... but it sounds as if its gone limp, call, call, check.  Flop. All in, call.  Noones folding a set to one bet.

This is more of a cooler than a bad beat anyway.

• edited July 2013
    Bad beats are a normal part of poker and every single player, including you, will suffer clusters of them frequently.

This one in particular is no big deal at all. The set will improve to a full-house and beat your flush slightly more often than one time in every three.