You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GUKPT Goliath

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey folks

A few of us are going to Coventry for the GUKPT Goliath. 

We are playing day 1D on Friday 23rd August 
25000 chips
40 minute clock 
Starts at 12pm
£100+£20 
Ricoh Arena Coventry

Preliminary plan is to go down on Thursday evening, grab a meal somewhere and a few drinks and be fresh for Friday avoiding all the commuters. 

After a brill weekend at the SPT 6-max, it'd be good to see some more of you there and get us a bit of a Sky mob going in the main event. I'm sure they'd chuck in some badges or something! 

Let us know if you fancy it, and in the days leading up to it ill arrange something for the Thursday night!

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Looking to play Day1 D also :)

Jonathan
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to GUKPT Goliath:
    Hey folks A few of us are going to Coventry for the GUKPT Goliath.  We are playing day 1D on Friday 23rd August  25000 chips 40 minute clock  Starts at 12pm £100+£20  Ricoh Arena Coventry Preliminary plan is to go down on Thursday evening, grab a meal somewhere and a few drinks and be fresh for Friday avoiding all the commuters.  After a brill weekend at the SPT 6-max, it'd be good to see some more of you there and get us a bit of a Sky mob going in the main event. I'm sure they'd chuck in some badges or something!  Let us know if you fancy it, and in the days leading up to it ill arrange something for the Thursday night!
    Posted by jamielou

You have no idea how tempting this is as im only an hour and a half from coventry.
  • edited July 2013
    Like Ya new hairstyle Jamie, XX

great to see you at SPT again!!

GL all at Goliath!!
  • edited July 2013
    I'm tempted myself as I'm only about an hour away, was talking to someone (I think Tommy) about this on the Sunday morning of the SPT.

I'll let you know.... no more peeling J2o V me thought plz ;)
  • edited July 2013
    Ill be there for Friday day 1d as its 45 mins away,
    Tea total and take it serious ftw!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    I'm hoping to be there, I know there were a few HitSquadders talking about going
  • edited July 2013
    Comrades

One other point to note is that I'm hearing reports that Day 1d (Friday) is getting very busy. If you are thinking of playing, try and buy-in in advance; either online or at your local G. 

Sorry J, I forgot to mention that bit!! 
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: GUKPT Goliath:
    Comrades One other point to note is that I'm hearing reports that Day 1d (Friday) is getting very busy. If you are thinking of playing, try and buy-in in advance; either online or at your local G.  Sorry J, I forgot to mention that bit!! 
    Posted by Bromley023
    Are you taking cake?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: GUKPT Goliath : Are you taking cake?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Yes.  I am bringing cake.

Taking cake to live poker tournaments is now my thing.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to GUKPT Goliath:
    Hey folks A few of us are going to Coventry for the GUKPT Goliath.  We are playing day 1D on Friday 23rd August  25000 chips 40 minute clock  Starts at 12pm £100+£20  Ricoh Arena Coventry Preliminary plan is to go down on Thursday evening, grab a meal somewhere and a few drinks and be fresh for Friday avoiding all the commuters.  After a brill weekend at the SPT 6-max, it'd be good to see some more of you there and get us a bit of a Sky mob going in the main event. I'm sure they'd chuck in some badges or something!  Let us know if you fancy it, and in the days leading up to it ill arrange something for the Thursday night!
    Posted by jamielou
    This doesn't seem right somehow lol - the Bromleys will be there...most likely only get there on Friday but we shall see!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to GUKPT Goliath : This doesn't seem right somehow lol - the Bromleys will be there...most likely only get there on Friday but we shall see!!
    Posted by bromley04

JOKER POKER
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: GUKPT Goliath : Yes.  I am bringing cake. Taking cake to live poker tournaments is now my thing.
    Posted by Bromley023
    OK, I'm only coming if you definitely save me some this time!
  • edited August 2013
    Looking to play Day1 D also :) Jonathan
    Posted by JBuss
    ohh go on then im in also..!!