You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT newcastle

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi,

anyone know if ill be able to just turn up and buy in directly on the day of the event? Decided i wanna turn up and win this one.................. since its in my home town.

cheers,
 Craig

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2013
    Not sure at this stage

I would doubt there would be seats straight in on the day as the event should sell out via satellites beforehand

Two opportunities though

- Aspers have an allocation of seats for live satellites. Check with them for dates

- Alternates on the day usually get 20 or so people in from those knocked out in the first few levels

Safest way is to qualify asap, whether live or especially on Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT newcastle:
    Not sure at this stage I would doubt there would be seats straight in on the day as the event should sell out via satellites beforehand Two opportunities though - Aspers have an allocation of seats for live satellites. Check with them for dates - Alternates on the day usually get 20 or so people in from those knocked out in the first few levels Safest way is to qualify asap, whether live or especially on Sky Poker
    Posted by SPT
    Thanks for reply
  • edited August 2013
    me and a mate are wanting to play this, however if one of us qualifies and the other doesnt, if there is no option to direct buyin can the other dereg and get their £110 back?

Thanks
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2013
    me and a mate are wanting to play this, however if one of us qualifies and the other doesnt, if there is no option to direct buyin can the other dereg and get their £110 back? Thanks
    Posted by sighcall
    No

There will be side events to play each day

There will be an alternates list for the main event
  • edited August 2013
    MR Pokerkinga, if you are priority club you can buy in to SPT Newcastle now, just e-mail/call them
  • edited August 2013
    I have just finished second in the £12 SPT direct for a £110 seat at Necastle. 1 seat guaranteed. 19 runners total of £209 in the prize pool.

It did not pay anything for second place. Every other tourney would pay £99. It had late reg so no way of knowing how many would end up in it and nothing in the lobby to indicate the payment structure was different to normal.
    Have contacted sky through live chat. The lady I spoke to can do nothing and says all tournaments have different rules. Have just emailed complaints at Sky bet.

If I do not get the right answer and £99 I will be on my way to another Site.

DO NOT PLAY THE SPT NEWCASTLE DIRECT UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO BE RIPPED OFF ONE IN TEN MEANS ONE IN NINETEEN
  • edited August 2013
    I have just finished second in the £12 SPT direct for a £110 seat at Necastle. 1 seat guaranteed. 19 runners total of £209 in the prize pool. It did not pay anything for second place. Every other tourney would pay £99. It had late reg so no way of knowing how many would end up in it and nothing in the lobby to indicate the payment structure was different to normal. Have contacted sky through live chat. The lady I spoke to can do nothing and says all tournaments have different rules. Have just emailed complaints at Sky bet. If I do not get the right answer and £99 I will be on my way to another Site. DO NOT PLAY THE SPT NEWCASTLE DIRECT UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO BE RIPPED OFF ONE IN TEN MEANS ONE IN NINETEEN
    Posted by mogsy1957
    I am sure this will be sorted Ian, from what you describe. Wp tonight, hope to see you in the Toon
  • edited August 2013
    MR Pokerkinga, if you are priority club you can buy in to SPT Newcastle now, just e-mail/call them
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Yeah I should do this makes sense 

Craig