You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THURSDAY NIGHT LIVE SHOW with FOWLER and TIKAY 7pm ****official show thread****

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Free mini Primo seat for Sunday to be given away to the best contribution. No doubt we will go off topic several times tonight, so it could be for any contribution including amazing hand IDs...

x

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Hi all,

so I came, I saw and I went out (quite early on) at the Notts Spt. But massive thankyous to Tommy D for putting up with me, he deserved my chips! Brilliant table, thanks for the company.
    Also thank you to those of you  who came  to say hello, really nice to meet you.

Tonight is Bounty Hunter night and this is how your show is looking : 

7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker – Live coverage of the Master Cash tables
    8pm-9pm – Analyse My Play – We’ll follow a selection of new players to the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. 9pm-10pm – Ask The Expert – Your hand requests from the televised tables. 10pm-11pm – Top Of The Pots – A countdown of the 15 biggest cash hands of the week from the televised Master Cash tables. 11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights  – Highlights from the late stages of the £12,000 Sky SportsBounty Hunter. We’ll hopefully get down to a final table!
    It's just me and the old man tonight, so I am hoping you will keep us company.I had a lie in today for the first time in months, ate breakfast and then napped! A midday nap, it feels so wrong, but soooo good! One of life's little pleasures!
    so.... more of life's little pleasures.... you know not the obvious, the small things that put a smile on your face! I like the smell of library books! Or I have find a peppermint tea that tastes like murray mints...omg! Fresh sheets, a cold pillow...Or hitting the nuts on the flop! (sadly not for a while!)

Get in touch, 
    skyopen@bskyb.com#skypokertv
    Gl on the tables!
    xx
  • edited August 2013

As I don't drink, smoke or gamble......my top 3  life's little pleasures are....

1) The smell of freshly laid tarmac on the roads.
    2) Opening the seal on a new coffee jar.
    3) Finding a forgotten fiver in your jeans pockets.

Going out for Thirsty Thursday at 8pm, so please read this out before then and have a good show! Nice to see you both at the w/end BTW.

• edited August 2013
    Amazing Hand ID 675939868

Can I get this funky hand shown!

Hand History #675939868 (21:50 30/07/2013) Master Cash 1

Re-raise on the flop to little?

I'm thinking with 2 callers, potentially someone's on the flush draw.

When the turn drops and the flush comes in, I check.

River looks like such a blank, when oppo bets pot i'm 80-90% sure he is on a flush and is gutted I didn't raise turn after re-raising the flop. It looked like an attempt to get some belated value for his flush.

With the river being such a blank, I thought i'd be as well shipping didn't see him folding his J Q K high flush.

He's not raised pre, I was putting him on some random suited hand with a decent paint card.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: THURSDAY NIGHT LIVE SHOW with FOWLER and TIKAY 7pm ****official show thread****:
    As I don't drink, smoke or gamble......my top 3  life's little pleasures are.... 1) The smell of freshly ground tarmac on the roads. 2) Opening the seal on a new coffee jar. 3) Finding a forgotten fiver in your jeans pockets. Going out for Thirsty Thursday at 8pm, so please read this out before then and have a good show! Nice to see you both at the w/end BTW.
    Posted by MAXALLY

I will do! Enjoy your thursday though!  Yes, yes and yes to all of yours!!! I also like the smell of that stuff they put onto fences in the summer!! But that could be going down a whole other topic! Don't get me started on petrol!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: THURSDAY NIGHT LIVE SHOW with FOWLER and TIKAY 7pm ****official show thread****:
    Amazing Hand ID 675939868 Can I get this funky hand shown! Hand History #675939868 (21:50 30/07/2013) Master Cash 1 Re-raise on the flop to little? I'm thinking with 2 callers, potentially someone's on the flush draw. When the turn drops and the flush comes in, I check. River looks like such a blank, when oppo bets pot i'm 80-90% sure he is on a flush and is gutted I didn't raise turn after re-raising the flop. It looked like an attempt to get some belated value for his flush. With the river being such a blank, I thought i'd be as well shipping didn't see him folding his J Q K high flush. He's not raised pre, I was putting him on some random suited hand with a decent paint card.
    Posted by LARSON7

thanks Larson, we should be able to get thos shown in ask the expert (tikay)

x
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: THURSDAY NIGHT LIVE SHOW with FOWLER and TIKAY 7pm ****official show thread**** : I will do! Enjoy your thursday though!  Yes, yes and yes to all of yours!!! I also like the smell of that stuff they put onto fences in the summer!! But that could be going down a whole other topic! Don't get me started on petrol!
    Posted by MissFowler
    Talking of petrol, being a Scooterist, i love the smell of 2-Stroke when i start my scooter up to go for a ride in the beautiful Dorset countryside on a warm summers day.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: THURSDAY NIGHT LIVE SHOW with FOWLER and TIKAY 7pm ****official show thread**** : I will do! Enjoy your thursday though!  Yes, yes and yes to all of yours!!! I also like the smell of that stuff they put onto fences in the summer!! But that could be going down a whole other topic! Don't get me started on petrol!
    Posted by MissFowler

Creosote?.....yeah, didnt want to go down that road either :)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: THURSDAY NIGHT LIVE SHOW with FOWLER and TIKAY 7pm ****official show thread**** : Creosote?.....yeah, didnt want to go down that road either :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    that's the one..

also diving into a cold swimming pool on holiday when you are baking hot!
  • edited August 2013
    Taking your socks off at the end of the day.

The first taste of a cold beer at the end of the day.

Nothing good ever happens in the morning.
  • edited August 2013
    Evening Anna & Tikay.. Looking forward to a great show tonight!!!

My three life's little pleasures are...... 1) Getting home from work to find dinner on the table
                                                          2) Sitting at home infront of your open fire during the winter watching the
                                                            the wind & rain hit your window
                                                          3)Being on holiday in the sun & getting told the weather at home is 
                                                             awful!!

Hope you have a great show guys & will see you on the mastercash tables from 7!!!
    Stuart.  
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: THURSDAY NIGHT LIVE SHOW with FOWLER and TIKAY 7pm ****official show thread**** : thanks Larson, we should be able to get thos shown in ask the expert (tikay) x
    Posted by MissFowler
    First time I've ever used this term but.....

FYP ;)
  • edited August 2013
    Hand from the Primo...

A bit of background, at this point I had a pretty massive stack for this stage, I was like 2nd or 3rd in chips and it was still quite early, the villian was the only person on the table who could virtually stack me and had been a complete maniac so far. I probably chickened out a bit and at the time just wanted to find a safer spot to 'get him' cos I knew if I call the turn I'm pretty much committed to stacking off and he's more than capable of showing up with something random like Q7, or any 7x really.

Hand History #671450573 (20:53 14/07/2013)

• edited August 2013
    Have a good show tonight Anna and Tikay.
    Hope I can put to good use the free entry I got into nights main event for guessing Anna's finishing position in the SPT at nottingham.
    Anna, you finished 196th and my  guess was 195th.

I wander if I can do better then that in tonights main event.

Somehow I doubt it ,but it will be wonderful if I can make the final table and all because the girl finished 196th!

• edited August 2013
    Evening all. Life's little pleasures for me include thunderstorms, playing poker in a warm wrestling mask and eating salted herring. If I could find a way to do all 3 at the same time I would be an even happier man then I am already. 

Have fun out there and enjoy your poker 
  • edited August 2013
    3 of lifes little pleasures for me is

1. Sex

2 Basking in the sun!

3 A good Curry and Rice!
  • edited August 2013
    Huge football and Darlington fc fan, thanks to my dad i have to suffer every saturday. 

Hopefully will be joining everyone just up the road for the SPT newcastle
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks for airing me as a station ;)

Hand History #676413157 (19:07 01/08/2013)

Little more aggro this one!
  • edited August 2013

evening all
    july has been my worst month this year and i hope to make a recovery this month.
    my 3 pleasures are
    1. following and watching wildlife it is amazing so of the things they capable of doing.
    2. the time i spend with my friends.
    3. supporting my football team newcastle is usually a peasure but seems to not be a one at the minute.

i took over from my dad supporting Newcastle and until recently it was so good but the last couple of years i have dropped mmy interest of it because football is now getting very greedy.

• edited August 2013
    check this out if possible, I think I should call the river but my gut says otherwise it was just weird

Hand History #676428082 (19:45 01/08/2013)I am assuming his bets are implying he has a 2 so maybe it was a bluff
  • edited August 2013
    Evening Anna and TK!

Anna always gets confused when she sees my screen name but it refers to my beloved Colchester United FC. My hometown, the old Layer Road ground was one of the true boltholes of football.

Having my first Sky Poker session since I got my first proper job so I'm celebrating :)

Also looking at flights from Essex to Newcastle! Any chance of an SPT on the south coast/east anglia?

Thanks, Reece
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Guys

In the 60's my cousin played for West Ham so every weekend my parents, my sister & I went to all the West Ham games so i am a true hammer. Considering we lived in Manchester it was a lot of miles every weekend but a great family outing.

As a 9-14 year old it was fantastic going in the VIP room at Upton Park every other weekend getting players and celebrity autographs and meeting people you saw on the TV.

Considering I was adopted how lucky did I get, best parents in the world and great adventures

Still a huge fan, you can never change your allegiance
    (ps my cousin is Geoff Hurst)
  • edited August 2013
    Hi guys great show as per usual!

My three are:-

1) The smell of freshly cut grass in the summer
    2) Rain on a hot day
    3) Playing poker

Wish me luck in the BH I have been running ok recently but not playing too well, I had a great few hours on cash so hoping to turn it around in MTT's this evening!

Kalie x
  • edited August 2013
    IM A MANCHESTER UNITED FAN I FALL IN LOVE WHEN MY DAD TOOK ME TO WATCH THEM WHEN I WAS 5 

WE MISS YOU SIR ALEX FERGUSON 

IN DAVID MOYED WE TRUST...
  • edited August 2013
    D'oh! I just bust the Mini in the very first hand!

Hand number is 676439590 

It was a cooler - AK on the button, big blind woke up with QQ and open shoved my 4x raise.

TK am I alright to take the risk if I think I'm ahead of most of his range there or should I have waited for a better spot?
  • edited August 2013
    Not just my first SPT Tikay but my first ever live tournament... so wasnt too unhappy about cashing!

Was a very good weekend - very enjoyable.  I can see why people keep going back.  I certainly will be.
  • edited August 2013
    my name is because when iwas younger i had speech impediment and said scwuffy instead of scruffy so scwuffy has been my nickname for over 20 years and the 54 is when i signed up to sky poker my football team glasgow rangres had won a world record 54 league titles
  • edited August 2013
    lifes little pleasures 

1) the smell of toast in the morning 

2) that smile you get off your girlfriend when you have not seen her for a few days 

3) that fresh water smell (dont know why)

4) the morning air smells nice 

5) the smell of new plastic bags (dont ask) 

6) the smell of rain 
  • edited August 2013
    1 The first hold of my children when they were born.

2 The first hold of my grandchildren.

3 Playing poker on a friday, while watching gardeners world and corrie.