You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Story of a Broken Fan (£50 or quits!!!)

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Ps. This may or may not be a "Spoof" ripoff from Waller02 thread  :)

Comments

• edited August 2013
    It's funny how much things can change in such a short space of time. Around 8 months ago I started up my car and went about having a crack at the highways, I had built up and maintained a 4 x 4 for 30 quid and I felt that I could take it anywhere...........confidence is a must when driving, especially on Motorways, over confidence can lead to things going down the pan and other drivers getting annoyed with you.

Here is the story...........my last car was a disaster, I jumped into the fast lane at 30 - 50mph during the kings of Leon track on the radio "Sex on Fire" (think thats what it was called??) and I got destracted in my emotions. I should have started at 10mph max in the slow lane and learnt how to be a competent driver first. At the time I wasn't too bothered, I had a go, it didn't work out.

I went back to my pushbike with my tail between my legs and about 300 quid worse off after bumping into another car. At that time I think I had around £1100 left in my account and I needed a new one so I withdrew all but 500 quid and bought one......no probs, I would soon be back on the road, right??.......WRONG!!

I have lost the fanbelt and broken the fan and the engine since the turn of the year.

Am I gutted? Yeah a bit but in all honesty I deserve to have blown it.

My BMI went from being 29.9 to 17.5 after all the stress, I was nearly non-existent.......I could buy any car I wanted because it would only be a mater of time before I final learned how to drive one of them (here lies the other reason why I'm where I am right now........I thought I was a lot better than I actually was!!!)

So what's the plan?
    Well I have only left a small amount in my account is £50.27 (I also have about 4 quid to come when C4P is paid). I should really spend 500-1000 quid and have a proper car but I'm too stubborn (I have only ever paid more than £150 twice, the last time being around 3yrs ago) and I don't want to admit defeat....YET!!!

With this measly amount left in my account & my BMI dwindling what is my option.....I'm gonna pay £50 for a new Fan for my old car and maybe some fanbelts @ £2.30/Each (if the car will ever get off to a good start).

It's all or nothing now........I don't wanna fail out of sheer PRIDE!!!! 

This could be a very short journey or a long road to an expensive recovery.

Before I get locked away for driving otherwise in accordance with a licence I'm OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to The Story of a Broken Fan (£50 or quits!!!):
    It's funny how much things can change in such a short space of time. Around 8 months ago I started up my car and went about having a crack at the highways, I had built up and maintained a 4 x 4 for 30 quid and I felt that I could take it anywhere...........confidence is a must when driving, especially on Motorways, over confidence can lead to things going down the pan and other drivers getting annoyed with you. Here is the story...........my last car was a disaster, I jumped into the fast lane at 30 - 50mph during the kings of Leon track on the radio "Sex on Fire" (think thats what it was called??) and I got destracted in my emotions. I should have started at 10mph max in the slow lane and learnt how to be a competent driver first. At the time I wasn't too bothered, I had a go, it didn't work out. I went back to my pushbike with my tail between my legs and about 300 quid worse off after bumping into another car. At that time I think I had around £1100 left in my account and I needed a new one so I withdrew all but 500 quid and bought one......no probs, I would soon be back on the road, right??.......WRONG!! I have lost the fanbelt and broken the fan and the engine since the turn of the year. Am I gutted? Yeah a bit but in all honesty I deserve to have blown it. My BMI went from being 29.9 to 17.5 after all the stress, I was nearly non-existent.......I could buy any car I wanted because it would only be a mater of time before I final learned how to drive one of them (here lies the other reason why I'm where I am right now........I thought I was a lot better than I actually was!!!) So what's the plan? Well all I have only left a small amount in my account is £50.27 (I also have about 4 quid to come when C4P is paid). I should really spend 500-1000 quid and have a proper car but I'm too stubborn (I have only ever paid more than £150 twice, the last time being around 3yrs ago) and I don't want to admit defeat....YET!!! With this measly amount left in my account & my BMI dwindling what is my option.....I'm gonna pay £50 for a new Fan for my old car and maybe some fanbelts @ £2.30/Each (if the car will ever get off to a good start). It's all or nothing now........I don't wanna fail out of sheer PRIDE!!!!  This could be a very short journey or a long road to an expensive recovery. Before I get locked away for driving otherwise in accordance with a licence I'm OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by POKERTREV

hmmmm.... im gunna take a guess and say you arent really talking about cars...

• edited August 2013
    In the red corner it is
    poker trev
    and in the blue we have
    hitman_rv
    in the battle of the best p*ss takes of all time
    roll up roll up
  • edited August 2013

lol........I think

Was proper confused when I opened up the forum, had to look twice!! :)

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Fan (£50 or quits!!!):
    lol........I think Was proper confused when I opened up the forum, had to look twice!! :)
    Posted by waller02
    I had an epic fail.  I actually he posted this on your thread.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Fan (£50 or quits!!!) : I had an epic fail.  I actually he posted this on your thread.
    Posted by gazza127
    haha, wasn't just me then!

I looked and saw geldy had posted, then saw that it said trev was the OP...thought the lobby had messed up or summat!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: The Story of a Broken Fan (£50 or quits!!!) : haha, wasn't just me then! I looked and saw geldy had posted, then saw that it said trev was the OP...thought the lobby had messed up or summat!
    Posted by waller02
    HaHa - Soz m8 - I was at a loose end

Hope u found it funny though :)
  • edited August 2013
    lol I just clicked at the top of the page to try and go back a thread to see what had come before, nout was there, and thought skys broke!

Back to main page to see a thread by trev with 7 post lol

Best Parody ever. Epic trev,

One of the best and most humrous posts on here in a long while
  • edited August 2013
    I fell for it. Looking for the rest of Ryans pages lol.

P.S. sorry Cap but Dave wins the best p*** take post heads up. But a noble effort.