You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SkyPoker Football League Team Idea.

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
This is a suggestion/idea very similar to the old FA Cup one that Sky hosted on the forums.

I was looking at getting 20-24 players who would be willing to play almost every satruday AND sunday for 20-24 weekends (Dependent on final numbers). You guys would play each other HU in a 4 game series, set structure every saturday and sunday.

I know I'm not explaining this that well but I got the idea in my head perfectly.

Example pretty explains it best
*Teams represented by A-D

Week 1 Sat Week 1 Sun
A v B A v C
C v D B v D

Week 2 Sat  Week 2 Sun
A v D B v A
B v C D v C

With a League table set up and as it's a 4 game series it is possible for draws and big results so, each round within the series will also play as a part similar to goal difference.

If you can't play you will be forfeited with a 4-0 loss.

I could put prizes into it for top 3
1st. Main seat
2nd. Main turbo Seat
3rd. Mini seat 

Erm feedback would awesome and I would start getting this set up if you all approve. :)

Comments

• edited August 2013
    I like this idea alot, but can see problems, firstly getting 24 runners (no probs with that)  but to play every w/end for 20/24 w/ends will be very hard for most.
    also like the hu comp (that took place last month) very hard to get two players to arrange and finish matches, this will be a good idea, BUT alot of hard work would be involved to get this to work week in week out.

gl SAMMYDRID if you are going to run this.

i will count myself IN to get the ball rolling (as weekends are fine by me).

gl all at the tables
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: SkyPoker Football League Team Idea.:
    I like this idea alot, but can see problems, firstly getting 24 runners (no probs with that)  but to play every w/end for 20/24 w/ends will be very hard for most. also like the hu comp (that took place last month) very hard to get two players to arrange and finish matches, this will be a good idea, BUT alot of hard work would be involved to get this to work week in week out. gl SAMMYDRID if you are going to run this. i will count myself IN to get the ball rolling (as weekends are fine by me). gl all at the tables
    Posted by ms-tree
    Like the idea but this is where the problem will lie.
  • edited August 2013
    That's why I offered the forfeit for a no show because I don't expect everyone to an available for every single Saturday and Sunday, but organising between you would be simple if I listed fixtures a week before then you would know if / when you'd be playing on those days. I could even add some midweek fixtures too. :)