You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Doh for TSP player?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Doh for TSP player?:
    In Response to Re: Doh for TSP player? : Think he just has too many mates that will vote no just for a laugh though.
    Posted by Lambert180
    yeah that what I thought I put that in my 1st post people prob voting no for laugh lol
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Doh for TSP player? : yeah but with doh being popular on the forum thought the yes`s would outweigh the no`s
    Posted by liamboi11
    GETTING CLOSER 29 YES LOL .
  • edited August 2013
    The reason for nearly all the No's is because he wouldn't show up. Back when Sky ran the total player promotion he got quite far, semi-final I think. I can't remember whether it was the show he was supposed to turn up to or an SPT, but he didn't bother, and that was to win a seat into the WSOP main event. If he won't show for that, he won't show for anything.

I like Dohh, so nothing personal, but TSP is supposed to be a great opportunity for some players, Sky shouldn't need to convince someone to go, they should be biting thier hand off for a place.
  • edited August 2013
    The reason for nearly all the No's is because he wouldn't show up. Back when Sky ran the total player promotion he got quite far, semi-final I think. I can't remember whether it was the show he was supposed to turn up to or an SPT, but he didn't bother, and that was to win a seat into the WSOP main event. If he won't show for that, he won't show for anything. I like Dohh, so nothing personal, but TSP is supposed to be a great opportunity for some players, Sky shouldn't need to convince someone to go, they should be biting thier hand off for a place.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Correct. As many of us well remember, he was a no-show for the Show, (at the very last minute), & for several Live Events which he was asked to attend. I have peronally asked him many times via PM (several years ago now) to attend Live Events, I think it would be great for us all to meet him, but he has always declined. (I view Smitalos in the same light, I would loved to have met him at the SPT 6 Max, but it was not to be).

I also emphasise that I have no personal issues with him whatsoever. He just does not like to do these things, which is his perfect right, & fair enough. We must respect that.

As such, of course, he is effectively ineligible for consideration for any future Team Sky Poker outing. Shame really.
  • edited August 2013
    Why such a dislike of live poker Dohhh?

If that is what it is

If it is something more serious i apologise in advance

• edited August 2013
    The reason for nearly all the No's is because he wouldn't show up. Back when Sky ran the total player promotion he got quite far, semi-final I think. I can't remember whether it was the show he was supposed to turn up to or an SPT, but he didn't bother, and that was to win a seat into the WSOP main event. If he won't show for that, he won't show for anything. I like Dohh, so nothing personal, but TSP is supposed to be a great opportunity for some players, Sky shouldn't need to convince someone to go, they should be biting thier hand off for a place.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Thats not true. Just rubdowns from a few online pals for laffs especially as the said person now thinks hes a sports betting expert! 

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Doh for TSP player? : Thats not true. Just rubdowns from a few online pals for laffs especially as the said person now thinks hes a sports betting expert! 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    So which bit is not true...??
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Doh for TSP player? : Correct. As many of us well remember, he was a no-show for the Show, (at the very last minute), & for several Live Events which he was asked to attend. I have peronally asked him many times via PM (several years ago now) to attend Live Events, I think it would be great for us all to meet him, but he has always declined. (I view Smitalos in the same light, I would loved to have met him at the SPT 6 Max, but it was not to be).   I also emphasise that I have no personal issues with him whatsoever. He just does not like to do these things, which is his perfect right, & fair enough. We must respect that. As such, of course, he is effectively ineligible for consideration for any future Team Sky Poker outing. Shame really.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Bar a disaster, you'll most definitely be seeing me at the DTD grand final in October, Tikay!

Team Smitalohhhhhhh for TSP imo ;)
  • edited August 2013
    Drunk Dohhhhh playing live poker would be just lol

Would be a pretty action filled table though :D
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Doh for TSP player? : So which bit is not true...??
    Posted by FlashFlush

The bit about dohhh not turning up for live events influencing no votes. The difference is probably people who know dohhhh on line, it was a wind up no vote, not anything malicious.  It was a hypothetical vote anyway. 

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Doh for TSP player? : The bit about dohhh not turning up for live events influencing no votes. The difference is probably people who know dohhhh on line, it was a wind up no vote, not anything malicious.  It was a hypothetical vote anyway. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    I didn't say it was malicious, I wrote on there I like him and it's nothing personal, but I had a look through the thread and 4 separate people have mentioned he wouldn't show up. People like to do poll's online when they can just anonymously say yes or no when nobody knows it's them, but I bet that's a major factor.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Doh for TSP player? : I didn't say it was malicious, I wrote on there I like him and it's nothing personal, but I had a look through the thread and 4 separate people have mentioned he wouldn't show up. People like to do poll's online when they can just anonymously say yes or no when nobody knows it's them, but I bet that's a major factor.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    i voted no,because,well its obvious,your right what you say im sure jj would agree
  • edited August 2013
    it's a precious thing - being selected to represent a club, a town, a poker site

#saynomore
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Doh for TSP player? : Bar a disaster, you'll most definitely be seeing me at the DTD grand final in October, Tikay! Team Smitalohhhhhhh for TSP imo ;)
    Posted by Smitalos
    BOOKED!
  • edited August 2013

Treated this as a comedy thread to start with, most people who have used the forum for any substantial period of time will have done the same.

But as it's developed quite abit, for any newbies the last 6/7 posts from flashflush onwards pretty much sum it up.

My live poker experience starts and ends at freeplay pub poker leagues, where my biggest cash is a DVD player for finishing 9th at the South Yorkshire regional final.

Unfortunately I left it behind the bar whilst we 'went out' after, and never returned to collect it, think the cost of travelling to Barnsley and back would have been more than the net worth of the machine :(

I said in my first post on the thread that there are 100's of skypoker players past and present more deserving of a seat than I am, and certainly thousands that would appreciate it more than I would.

I have had friends who have played as part of TSP in the past, and hope that a few of my current sky poker friends get an opportunity in the future. They talk about it like it's the best thing in the World, so I can see what it would mean to a lot of people to get a shot.

Have always supported & will continue to support TSP from afar, and imparticular enjoyed watching Dan & Scotty on the streams of big final tables back in the early days !

I think TSP is a good idea for the site, just not for me.

I couldn't even commit to an online team  and have often unregistered £110 mtts that I've sattellited in to in advance, and declined free entries online at my own expense as I couldn't commit to play them.

------

I think I've done alright in the poll though considering! 

And sky poker have made themselves 10 new customers

So the threads a win!

Glad I have so many aunties n uncles :D

• edited August 2013
    Treated this as a comedy thread to start with, most people who have used the forum for any substantial period of time will have done the same. But as it's developed quite abit, for any newbies the last 6/7 posts from flashflush onwards pretty much sum it up. My live poker experience starts and ends at freeplay pub poker leagues, where my biggest cash is a DVD player for finishing 9th at the South Yorkshire regional final. Unfortunately I left it behind the bar whilst we 'went out' after, and never returned to collect it, think the cost of travelling to Barnsley and back would have been more than the net worth of the machine :( I said in my first post on the thread that there are 100's of skypoker players past and present more deserving of a seat than I am, and certainly thousands that would appreciate it more than I would. I have had friends who have played as part of TSP in the past, and hope that a few of my current sky poker friends get an opportunity in the future. They talk about it like it's the best thing in the World, so I can see what it would mean to a lot of people to get a shot. Have always supported & will continue to support TSP from afar, and imparticular enjoyed watching Dan & Scotty on the streams of big final tables back in the early days ! I think TSP is a good idea for the site, just not for me. I couldn't even commit to an online team  and have often unregistered £110 mtts that I've sattellited in to in advance, and declined free entries online at my own expense as I couldn't commit to play them. ------ I think I've done alright in the poll though considering!  And sky poker have made themselves 10 new customers So the threads a win! Glad I have so many aunties n uncles :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Defo  well done sir !