You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Video capture software

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Probably worth a change in the thread title to ensure there's some discussion, otherwise it's just a PM job.
So something like... "What capture software's best for recording poker?" maybe? idk idk idk

I just use the one I found for free on PokerTube man.
http://www.pokertube.com/forum/view/how-to-record/22824/
It does the job, and is insanely easy to use. Free too.

S'solid software tbh. Lemme know how you get on and if you need a hand with it.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    What video capture software do you use please?
  • edited August 2013
    Wasn't looking for a debate, just for you to read it and tell me what you use :)

I've been using ezvid but struggling with audio.

Cheers
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Smitalos:
    Wasn't looking for a debate, just for you to read it and tell me what you use :) I've been using ezvid but struggling with audio. Cheers
    Posted by Slykllist
    You have to, thats the rule
  • edited August 2013
    smit, do u use a head set like the one used for xbox360 and it works ?
  • edited August 2013
    smit, do u use a head set like the one used for xbox360 and it works ?
    Posted by D_Legend
     £10 Sony Wireless Headphones off eBay, and a £40 Logitech Mic from Amazon. Getting a good mic should always be a priority for people wanting to make vids imo.

And Sly, whether YOU'RE looking to discuss this doesn't make a big difference. This is a forum, for everyone. The thread title tells everyone nothing, and if you really just wanted to know something, why didn't you PM me?

Please change the thread title to help others that may want to discuss a topic like this. Thank you.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Smitalos :  £10 Sony Wireless Headphones off eBay, and a £40 Logitech Mic from Amazon. Getting a good mic should always be a priority for people wanting to make vids imo. And Sly, whether YOU'RE looking to discuss this doesn't make a big difference. This is a forum, for everyone. The thread title tells everyone nothing, and if you really just wanted to know something, why didn't you PM me? Please change the thread title to help others that may want to discuss a topic like this. Thank you.
    Posted by Smitalos
    You're quite right of course, done :)
  • edited August 2013
    Camtasia Studio 7, very easy to use and good results in my experience.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Smitalos : You're quite right of course, done :)
    Posted by Slykllist
    Cheers bro :)
    Wasn't meant as 'snappy' as it may have come across. Just good for everyone dude, thank ya kindly!
  • edited August 2013
    Smitalos, you don't know the name of the software do you?  I can't find anything on Pokertube.

Cheers
  • edited August 2013
    Out of interest Smitty... do you film the video and then add the sound/commentary on afterwards or just talk in-game?

I assume the latter because your speech sounds pretty natural... i.e. your reaction would never be as surprised/shocked/happy if you were watching the 1outer come in on the river for the 2nd time and knew it was coming.

If you do put sound on afterwards, how do you do it? Do you just play the video you've recorded while using the software to record it again (and talk at the same time)?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Video capture software:
    Out of interest Smitty... do you film the video and then add the sound/commentary on afterwards or just talk in-game? I assume the latter because your speech sounds pretty natural... i.e. your reaction would never be as surprised/shocked/happy if you were watching the 1outer come in on the river for the 2nd time and knew it was coming. If you do put sound on afterwards, how do you do it? Do you just play the video you've recorded while using the software to record it again (and talk at the same time)?
    Posted by Lambert180
    I usually add the commentary afterwards matey, as it allows me to do multiple takes if I watch it back and it sucks. Not to mention the fact that some sessions can be really boring to watch, and doing a voice-over (and sacrificing some focus for a vlog/vid) when I'm not going to use cra ppy footage anyway, is just a waste of time and EV.

Haha, good to know it's coming across as natural though! Shipping big pots usually means I just shout and scream a bit, and losing big pots usually means the neighbours are about to hear me abusing the regfish on my left for the next 10minutes D: haha. And I'm desperately trying to hold on to whatever professionalism I have left in my vids, hence post-commentary audio is what I usually opt for :P
  • edited September 2013
    hi smit / anyone with some technical know-how

sorry for bumping this up, but i've used the bbrecorder to record a couple of sessions and want to upload them to youtube for someone to have a look at. is there a way of converting the files to an appropriate format, the avi/codec format isnt recognised by youtube/dailymotion etc, and i am at a loss at how to convert them to summat like wmv/mp4. i did look at downloading some video converters but they bundle all kinds of nasty toolbars/search engine add-ons in the downloads.

any help appeciated.

cheers,
    TEDDY