You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FIRST GOALSCORER MULTIPLES

edited February 2014 in The Football Corner

With the Football league season getting underway tonight, thought I'd put forward a bet which can be quite profitable at the start of the season. A multiple first goalscorer bet with strikers making their debuts for new clubs.

I only use a 5p or 10 unit stake and got one up early last season for about £160 which more than paid for all my football bets for the whole campaign!

In the Championship alone there are quite a few to choose from and probably others that aren't on my list below...

Burnley v Bolton - Beckford to score first. Didn't settle at Leicester but was banging them in for Huddersfield on loan for them last season before his move to Bolton.

Millwall v Yeovil - Morison, back at Millwall on a season long loan deal. A Millwall star in the past. Making his return at home to Championship newcomers.

Barnsley v Wigan  - Grant making his deubt for Wigan. Had an indifferent season for Norwich but he's one of Wigan's main buys this summer.

Doncaster v Blackpool - Chopra for Blackpool. Didnt feature much last season because of his off-field problems. Might need some match time but he has often scored on his debut for clubs.

Forest v Huddersfield - Mackie signed for Forest from QPR a few weeks ago. Will want to make a point and a home debut against a team which might struggle.

QPR v Sheff Wed - Austin signed from Burnley this week for a fee of about £4m. Might be too quick for him to play in this match,  but don't forget if you pick someone and he doesn't play or they come on as a sub after first goal has been scored, they count as a non-runner.

Now i've got to decide which of these to link up! :)