You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why can't these donks just do a reraise preflop

maybe i was ahead of him on the flop but the fact that he then get his set on the river makes this so annoying what differance is their by shoving on the flop to raising pre only an idiot would now call with weaker pairs.
visionary Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £6.75
alfonz38 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.99
  Your hole cards

craigcu12 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £6.18
ZigZam Raise   £0.16 £0.26 £3.86
Jmann Fold        
slackalice Fold        
visionary Call   £0.14 £0.40 £6.61
alfonz38 Call   £0.12 £0.52 £2.87
craigcu12 Call   £0.12 £0.64 £6.06
Flop

• Q
  • K

visionary All-in   £6.61 £7.25 £0.00
alfonz38 Fold        
craigcu12 All-in   £6.06 £13.31 £0.00
ZigZam All-in   £3.86 £17.17 £0.00
visionary Unmatched bet   £0.55 £16.62 £0.55
visionary Show
  • A
  • A

craigcu12 Show

ZigZam Show
  • Q
  • Q

Turn

River

• A

visionary Win Three Aces £15.37   £15.92

Comments

• edited August 2013
    firstly just because these players are not playing the way you think they should does not make them donks / idiots .
    you limped under the gun with pocket 3`s ,then theres a 4x raise ,the person with the aces in the small blind probably didn`t want to lose his customer so flats ,bb calls you call .....flop comes down with a king and queen on the board ..the person with aces is probably putting A/K A/Q in the range of hands raiser has raised with so shoves hoping overbet will get him paid (probably K/Q in that range too but he`s probably willing to take that gamble )
    he was very unfortunate to run into two flopped sets impossible to see them ..(why are you even moaning when you were miles behind to the set of queens ?) and spiked his ace on the river ....
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: why can't these donks just do a reraise preflop:
    firstly just because these players are not playing the way you think they should does not make them donks / idiots . you limped under the gun with pocket 3`s ,then theres a 4x raise ,the person with the aces in the small blind probably didn`t want to lose his customer so flats ,bb calls you call .....flop comes down with a king and queen on the board ..the person with aces is probably putting A/K A/Q in the range of hands raiser has raised with so shoves hoping overbet will get him paid (probably K/Q in that range too but he`s probably willing to take that gamble ) he was very unfortunate to run into two flopped sets impossible to see them ..(why are you even moaning when you were miles behind to the set of queens ?) and spiked his ace on the river ....
    Posted by unbpower
    Very very well said.

The fact 4nl regs always re raise AA/KK by crazy amounts makes it sooo obv.

I dont mind the way he played the aces. If he would have re raised, you would have folded your dominated hand.

Basically you are moaning that he didnt turn his hand face up pre flop.

Might not tend to to it myself, but its certainly not exactly "donk" like.

And also.

"by shoving on the flop to raising pre only an idiot would now call with weaker pairs"

This is 4nl he could easily be called by Kx/JT, hell, even Qbig calls sometimes at these games.
  • edited August 2013
  • edited August 2013
    firstly just because these players are not playing the way you think they should does not make them donks / idiots . you limped under the gun with pocket 3`s ,then theres a 4x raise ,the person with the aces in the small blind probably didn`t want to lose his customer so flats ,bb calls you call .....flop comes down with a king and queen on the board ..the person with aces is probably putting A/K A/Q in the range of hands raiser has raised with so shoves hoping overbet will get him paid (probably K/Q in that range too but he`s probably willing to take that gamble ) he was very unfortunate to run into two flopped sets impossible to see them ..(why are you even moaning when you were miles behind to the set of queens ?) and spiked his ace on the river ....
    Posted by unbpower
    I might have been behind to pocket queens but i still had £3 and which would have gone my way.

i guess i was wrong poker has got no skill involved instead in it a crazy game where bets have to be either 4p or a shove.
  • edited August 2013
    i guess i was wrong poker has got no skill involved instead in it a crazy game where bets have to be either 4p or a shove.
    Posted by craigcu12

Long term the more skillful players at their buy in level will win.

You have no idea how much this player has won/lost long term.

Dont be so results orientated over the result of one hand, its totally illogical.
  • edited August 2013
    yes you would have had £3 going your way ,but not if the so called donk/idiot had folded like your post suggest so whats your point ??
  • edited August 2013

You seem annoyed that your roll is dropping. You play a lot of hands and seem to care a lot about your game.

Im sorry, but I can no longer put this down to variance, I think you must be making some errors, you just might not realise that they are -ve.

I would be very happy to watch a video of your play and do a critique, I am no poker great, far from it, but I do well at 4nl long term.