You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fave poker players

So, I will post a question, im sure it has been asked before. Who do you enjoy watching play?

1) Barry Greenstein - No ego, seems like a stand up chap.

2) Scotty Nguyen - Such a joker, but doesnt mind when people take the mick out of him - Ala Daniel when he does the Scotty impression

3) Jamie Gold - Never a dull moment - Loved the AAvKK hand with Sam Farha

For the record, I cant stand Tony G.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Vannessa Selbst for me, super aggro which puts her in a lot of bad spots but great to watch
  • edited August 2013
    Daniel Negreanu for me, i mean he talks a lot of **** and never stops smiling or laughing or that, exactly like me lol.

No wonder i play exactly like him.. never used to love playing suited connectors-one gappers etc until i saw him play!! haha. (Also i like 10,7 off as well, i always seem to win with it ;))

I like loads of other players as well, just too many to list.
  • edited August 2013
    Favourite players by far are....

Neil Channing, Luke Schwartz, Daniel Negreanu and gotta love watching Dwan and Phil Ivey
  • edited August 2013
    Gus Hansen. Also love watching Phil Hellmuth (for the funny blowups). Feel sorry for him sometimes with the stick he gets. Can tell he's a really decent bloke underneath all that poker brat game.

Luke Schwartz too although not seen him on any of the TV stuff for a while - what's happened to him?

• edited August 2013
    I like the phil hellmuth and tony g never a dull moment with these guys.

british pros I like sam rasavi and luke schwartz there banter is brilliant at the table.
  • edited August 2013
    phil helmuth, tony g and luke schwartz all for entertainment value. phil ivey and jason mercier cos there different gravy and liv boree and vanessa rousso for the obvious reasons.
  • edited August 2013
    ill mention Sammy Trickett  then :)
  • edited August 2013
    Online - Viktor Blom, No one else has swings like him, he plays anyone at any game and is just an allround nutter!

Live - Luke Schwartz is a good shout, always entertaining. same with Negreanu and Helmuth (although helmuth has mellowed alot recently, he is still entertaining)

Ivey is boring, he never speaks. Watch him next time, he pretty much only speaks when spoken to and even then will only mumble something or nod his head. Also havent seen any sicko moves recently from him either and his record onine this yr is  v.poor (-$3.2m)...Is he losing his touch? probably not, but we'll see.

As for where Luke Schwartz has gone - He isnt in the limelight so much because he lost a big part of his bankroll.