You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

were did i go wrong?

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
PEACEPAW Small blind  150.00 150.00 4895.00
screwy27 Big blind  300.00 450.00 12120.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

general63 Call  300.00 750.00 2880.00
stevied79 Fold     
PEACEPAW Call  150.00 900.00 4745.00
screwy27 Check     
Flop

• Q
  • K

PEACEPAW Bet  300.00 1200.00 4445.00
screwy27 Call  300.00 1500.00 11820.00
general63 Fold     
Turn

• K

PEACEPAW Bet  300.00 1800.00 4145.00
screwy27 Raise  600.00 2400.00 11220.00
PEACEPAW Call  300.00 2700.00 3845.00
River

PEACEPAW All-in  3845.00 6545.00 0.00
screwy27 Call  3845.00 10390.00 7375.00
PEACEPAW Show
  • Q

screwy27 Show
  • K

PEACEPAW Win Flush to the King 10390.00

Comments

• edited August 2013
    I don't like clicking back the turn, I'd either flat again or put in a proper raise.

As played we can probably fold the river.
  • edited August 2013
    Re raise his flop bet to ~750

Your turn raise needs to be bigger --- there are flush and straight draws out there so raise to 3/4 pot size. Of course villain may still call as he may think the second king on the board lessens the chance of you holding a king but he still should smell trouble and fold... 

keeping in mind you are willing to go all in here even after a draw is made then perhaps you should overbet the turn card and raise to pot size or more to take down pot there and then...

thats my 2 cents anyhoo
  • edited August 2013
    cheers guy think I will pot bet in future letting people limp to the river keeps killing me
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Screwy, Im fairly new round here but more times than none people are trying to limp there way to a straight or flush, from what I can see there you should have re-raised the flop.

Reason 1: The Flush draw is there.

Reason 2: It's a weak big blind bet, he's trying to build up the pot ready for his flush.

Once the turn has hit you have your 3 kings, from this point you should be quit confident you have your opponent beat and should have him on a flush draw. your re-raise was a little weak IMO.. it's not going to scare somebody like him off the table. So at this point you should throw down about 2600 - 3200 if not JAM that all-in.

Not sure if anybody would agree  with e but like I said I'm pretty in-experienced even though I have been here at sky for a couple of years.

Regards

AJ
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: were did i go wrong?:
    Hi Screwy, Im fairly new round here but more times than none people are trying to limp there way to a straight or flush, from what I can see there you should have re-raised the flop. Reason 1: The Flush draw is there. Reason 2: It's a weak big blind bet, he's trying to build up the pot ready for his flush. Once the turn has hit you have your 3 kings, from this point you should be quit confident you have your opponent beat and should have him on a flush draw. your re-raise was a little weak IMO.. it's not going to scare somebody like him off the table. So at this point you should throw down about 2600 - 3200 if not JAM that all-in. Not sure if anybody would agree  with e but like I said I'm pretty in-experienced even though I have been here at sky for a couple of years. Regards AJ
    Posted by akijunior
    Thats too much.  If you bet that much more often than not you are only getting called by better hands and are losing a whole lot of value from worse hands.

Im raising to about 2000 on the turn.  We've got to assume at this point that the flush isnt going to come in and charge people an amount they can justify calling (just).  We want people to call with worse to get max value from missed draws.  Unlucky that the flush hits the river, but as played its pretty obvious you are beaten by the river - we can fold.
  • edited August 2013
  • edited August 2013

To those that are suggesting raising flop; what is the raise trying to achieve? And what is our plan if we get raised again? We can't just raise because 'we probably have the best hand' - our hand is TP but our kicker isn't that strong so we don't neccesarily want to be playing for all our chips just yet. If we think villain is likely to be bet/calling much weaker hands though, or bet/calling his draws then by all means go ahead and raise.

OTT it's clear now we almost certainly have the best hand so we want to put in a substantial raise to charge his worse hands and draws. The pot size is 1800 and I'd probably make the raise to about that size which leaves a good sized river bet should we want to get the money in on the river.

As played though it does seem a clear fold OTR. You have to ask; what is he betting flop, then bet/calling a turn raise and then open shoving river that you beat? Unless he's massively overvaluing Qx or a worse K that he was 'trapping' with (unlikely) or he's bluffing with JT, then he probably has you beat. His play suggests a flush draw and so it's safe to fold the river I feel.