You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mini BH Exit Hand

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Hi All  I'm trying to post a hand the poker clinic but having problems.Anyway in the Mini BH last night I has 66 thousand chips and the blinds were 1.5k 3k. I has AQ suited and raised it to 6k. everyone folded except the big blind who shoved all in for 54K. I had them covered and called. Is this always an automatic call or should I fold with 20BB left. There was 9 players left at the time. PS he had AK and hit a Full House. I was out a few hands later with A8. I believe there no way you can fold this strong a hand this late in a tourney. am I correct?      

Comments

• edited August 2013
    effective stack is 18 bigs and you have 22. you certainly don't want to make a habit of b/f when less than 20bigs, particularly with a hand as strong as AQs. it is foldable if you think you have an edge over your table anyway and want to avoid a flip, but it would be a sigh fold in that case.
  • edited August 2013
    depends on the player, if they are super tight - fold. If they are a bit looser, easy call. As geldy said though, you dont really want to be bet folding with 20bb if you can help it. 
  • edited August 2013
    if you know your opponant is super tight then alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear and then folding isn't a bad thing, but saying that AQ at this stage of the mini bh with around 60k in chips and 9 players left should have meant both of you were low down in the 9 remaining places (maybe 6th and 7th at a guess, so calling here i think is correct if you have designs on winning the tournament, lets face it neither of you were that big in chips so he could have been stealing, playing a smaller ace, or just willing to take a flip with a small pair, others may have different views but i personally call everytime in your spot and the odd time your dominated by AK it's just one of them things

• edited August 2013
    What position did you raise from? If you raised UTG and the BB jams on you, it might be a fold. Might. If it's a late/button raise, we pretty much have to call it off almost all the time, unless the villain has been tighter than my flatmate.
  • edited August 2013