You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Twitter handles in avatar info?

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Sky started a thread not too long ago asking for ideas regarding info to display on users' avatars at the tables.  How about an option to include your Twitter handle (next to location etc when clicking on the user name)?  It would compliment the community aspect of the site - what do others think?

Comments

• edited August 2013

Quite an interesting idea, Andy, the problem is, it is open to abuse. And if it is open to abuse, you can be sure some folks will exploit it.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Twitter handles in avatar info?:
    Quite an interesting idea, Andy, the problem is, it is open to abuse. And if it is open to abuse, you can be sure some folks will exploit it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think its a good idea Tikay.  There is nothing to stop people blocking others on twitter if they are abused in some way.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Twitter handles in avatar info? : I think its a good idea Tikay.  There is nothing to stop people blocking others on twitter if they are abused in some way.
    Posted by gazza127
    It is a good idea Gazza, but by "abuse" I did not mean that players would be abused, more that the system would be abused, & there would be inappropriate Twitter accounts promoted. . 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Twitter handles in avatar info? : It is a good idea Gazza, but by "abuse" I did not mean that players would be abused, more that the system would be abused, & there would be inappropriate Twitter accounts promoted. . 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I see.  Fair enough.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Twitter handles in avatar info?:
    Sky started a thread not too long ago asking for ideas regarding info to display on users' avatars at the tables.  How about an option to include your Twitter handle (next to location etc when clicking on the user name)?  It would compliment the community aspect of the site - what do others think?
    Posted by Andyl1986
    Hi Tikay,

It's a fair point, however wouldn't something along the lines of a disclaimer from Sky warning that they're not responsible for external content suffice?  Weren't there similar problems with people abusing the Location field?
  • edited August 2013

We are slightly at cross purposes here guys.

A "disclaimer" solves nothing, because that is not really the problem I am alluding to.

What would happen is that Twitter Feeds promoting other stuff, some of it conflicting with this Business, would soon be ten a penny.

Twitter is largely unregulated, & it seems that anyone can set up fake accounts easily, & these can be used to promote conflicting businesses of course. That is what I am driving at. 

It is not a decision for me of course, Upstairs would deal with it, but I'm pretty sure that would be their area of concern.   

• edited August 2013
    I like the idea, maybe if sky needed to confirm that your twitter address is suitable before it shows up? I'm sure that is harder than it sounds but would be a good addition and would make it easier to build a rapport with fellow poker players
  • edited August 2013
    Only if we can turn it off. Just player name and stack size please.
  • edited August 2013
    Could we include our C.B handles?

• edited August 2013
    Could we include our C.B handles?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    breaker breaker 1.4 1.4 for a copy
  • edited August 2013
    May be wrong but pretty sure Ive seen players with instead of a location, have their twitter username there instead.

I thought about doing this as well till I realised I didnt know how to actually alter the location!
  • edited August 2013
    May be wrong but pretty sure Ive seen players with instead of a location, have their twitter username there instead. I thought about doing this as well till I realised I didnt know how to actually alter the location!
    Posted by jonnyrkd
    Yeah me.  :)