You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The transition to cash - advice

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi there

There's been one or two comments and questions about the transition to cash from normally playing Tournaments or Sit & Go games.

It would be good to get some advice collated for those doing this or thinking about doing this.

- What tips would you give?
- What are the key differences?
- Where do you start and how do you find the right level for you?

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited August 2013

Can you compare MTT buy-in levels with how much you take to a cash table?
  • edited August 2013

Is multitabling easier or harder for you in cash?
  • edited August 2013
    this beta testing costin me a fortune yet i used to play cash all the time i can,t seem to adjust,abc methinks
  • edited August 2013
    I think the biggest transition for me was how I approached getting value from my hands. 

For example, in cash you are not worried if a drawing hand is calling you down when you are giving them the wrong price as you are playing a super long game and if they make their hand you can always reload and continue playing. In a tournament you have to balance trying to get value from your hand and protecting your tournament life.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: The transition to cash - advice:
    I think the biggest transition for me was how I approached getting value from my hands.  For example, in cash you are not worried if a drawing hand is calling you down when you are giving them the wrong price as you are playing a super long game and if they make their hand you can always reload and continue playing. In a tournament you have to balance trying to get value from your hand and protecting your tournament life.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Very interesting point.