You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday Night Live with Champs and Reds *****official show thread*****

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Hullo!

Hope you're doing well and running well?

My shoulders are a little hunched if I'm honest, I've just cut and pasted a bunch of random hand ID's from my hand history for tomorrow's 'Analyse my play'  I actually shuddered when I saw my -8.38 loss on Mastercash table 2 (5p/10p) against CTBN... may take a cushion to hide behind tomorrow ;-)

It's a Turbo Tuesday show and we LOVE a Turbo Tuesday!  We'll be kicking off with the Primo final table coverage at 7 before we move to our main event at 8.  I'll be hiding behind the cushion at 9 for Analyse My Play (I've included my exit hand from the Mini as a laugh *OF DESPAIR!*) We're on the master cash tables at 10 then back to our main event at 11.

Oh and since I'm preparing for tomorrow to be ever so slightly excruciating if you've got any 'embarassing moment' stories on or off the tables they'd be VERY gratefully recieved! 

See you tomorrow from 7

Sarah xx

Comments

• edited August 2013
    hi Sarah

im not even going to watch the show tonight, as im out tuesday evening so i will be recording the show.
    you dont need to hide behind a cushion, the table was fun.

you also may get the last laugh, as your showing the primo final table, I will be the one behind the cushion,if the hand in question gets shown on tv, i think ive got 52.

have a good show and dont bad mouth me,,lol

colin (ctbn)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Champs and Reds *****official show thread*****:
    hi Sarah im not even going to watch the show tonight, as im out tuesday evening so i will be recording the show. you dont need to hide behind a cushion, the table was fun. you also may get the last laugh, as your showing the primo final table, I will be the one behind the cushion,if the hand in question gets shown on tv, i think ive got 52. have a good show and dont bad mouth me,,lol colin (ctbn)
    Posted by ctbn
    Ha!  I wouldn't dream of it Col!  

Sx
  • edited August 2013
    Could I have this hand analysed please from mastercash 1 on sunday night to see how I played this hand.

Hand History #677535660 (03:19 05/08/2013)

I check the turn for potcontrol/ to call a river bet/ or value bet the river if checked too. The player did like a good bluff!
  • edited August 2013
    hi, sarah and redman,im new to poker and wondered if it is possible to analyse a couple of my hands?.I entered the tv 2k mini b/h on sat the 3rd aug and managed to finish 4th ye ha,winning £120 pound my best win yet.I was playing with my bonus money from sky pokerwhich makes it even better,i had some great hands which i think i played well but also some hands which maybe i could have played better. I also had kk which i layed down due to the player i was up against(who i thought was at it) i was proved to be right  as an ace flopped and we were try to get a very short stacks head.Here are a few hands in the order they were dealt and would make good tv viewing i think and i would appreciate your views on how i played them starting with earliest to final handmany thanks look forward to tonights show...hand id,s ..677055533..677055948..677057966..677123824 a must..final hand..677153222
  • edited August 2013
    Probably the most embarrassing moment i have had was when one of my children was small.  He never spoke much due to a language problem, but on this occasion it could not have been clearer.  Walking from a swimming pool down a small corridor a rather large american was coming towards us and he announced pointing his finger "wow big"

Nice to see you back redman how was vegas?
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Sarah and Redmond , been on SkyPoker for quite a while now, but it will be my first time playing the Turbo Open tonight , really looking forward to it as I've heard it's great fun. So hopefully i can make a go of it fingers crossed!!. Have a Great show tonight Cheers Ant
  • edited August 2013
    Evening Sarah & Redmond!! Looking forward to a great show tonight.
    my embarresing moment at the tables has to be when everyone folds to you, your in the small blind & the Big blind is sat out & you inexplicably fold giving the big blind the dead money when all you had to do was raise to take it yourself!!! How stupid do i feel!!! lol
    Have a fanstastic show guys!! See you on the master cash tables at 10!!
    Stuart. 
  • edited August 2013
    hi sarah and red, I broke my leg and was on crutches .My husband decided we would take our  4yr old grandaughter swimming  ,i went to get her changed but not swim (obviously) .Before i took her to the pool to meet her grandad i said do you want the toilet and she replied yes.When we got in there i said you use that cubicical ill be in the next one (two birds and all that). suddenly her head popped under the cubical and shouted nanny i can see your crutch , i wanted to die #neveragain
  • edited August 2013
    hello sarah and redmond i have been sat here for the past hour 

thinking should i say it well here goes 

i was 15 home alone walking round the house naked like you do
    i had a cat and the decided to jump up and bite my crown jewels 
    and it was hanging whilst i was running around the house screaming 
    my mum and dad walked in as i was screaming an my dad said stay 
    there and let me take a picture 

p.s im terrified of cats it scared me for life 
  • edited August 2013

Allo Sarah and Redmond.

Great to see you on the show, Sarah. You should definitely be on more. You're very good, apart from your dreadful taste in music. ;)

With that in mind, I'd like to echo ctbn's comment about not being mean. If I feature in any of your hands at 9, just remember that I'm a delicate flower. Be nice.

I have too many embarrassing stories and few of them are suitable for broadcast to a national audience. The LEAST humiliating involves me, during my college days, attempting to impress a beautiful girl by vaulting over a desk and striking a heroic pose before sitting down next to her. That was the plan.

The result was me tumbling backwards over the desk and landing, head first in her lap.

BorinLoner - Gifted with the ladies.

I'm sure Redmond will be full of praise for your play. Have a grand show.

• edited August 2013
    Action hand!

Can I fold QQ here?

:(
  • edited August 2013

Hi all. Good show, especially looking forward to the 9:00 bit. Got a question for Mr Lee if possible regarding playing small live local tournaments? When playing games where lots of people call most raises preflop and will call post flop weak on multiple streets and not fold often, should we:

be looking to get in many hands cheaply and just be willing to value bet and call with weaker hands (even against straightening and flushing boards)?

Or, be looking to play very tight and just bet big with big hands, but than what do we do if we are card dead all night?

Or be doing something else.

Any advice welcome.

Thank you :)

• edited August 2013
    Hi guys great show!

Looking forward to the hand analysis on MC as Redmond clearly has an exceptional game!

I decided over the weekend to go from MTT's to Cash and will be spewing money for the next few months whilst improving my game and also exercising a strict bankroll scheme. (For once)

Quick question as I am predominantly an MTT player I am pretty aggro in the blinds, will this transfer to cash or should I become more passive and not open as wide as I would in a tournament?

Kalie
    x

• edited August 2013

hi all i am very good with cash table and started to give MTT a try but i find it very difficult to reach the bubble one of my biggest troubles i can never seem to get a large stack.
    know that the micro stake MTTs are very loose it make the AK AQ hands a nightmare because if i miss the flop i struggle knowing what i should do on the flop. that will convince villain i am strong

• edited August 2013
    Am I just going to fold in every hand?
  • edited August 2013
    3 + 4

maybe 1 + 2 depending on seats
  • edited August 2013
    How do you fold a set to me there???

Where are your cameras? Where are they? Are they in the my light fittings? Behind my sofa?

I'm not nearly as tight as you think. I floated the flop with 89 for goodness sake! lol
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Champs and Reds *****official show thread*****:
    Am I just going to fold in every hand?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    No, sometimes u will make your opponant fold a set when you dont want them to! :)

#valuebetfail
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Champs and Reds *****official show thread***** : No, sometimes u will make your opponant fold a set when you dont want them to! :) #valuebetfail
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I'm getting pwned as usual, Greg. :/
  • edited August 2013
    Well, it's a lot of fun playing with you, Sarah. Come back to the tables soon...

Keep folding sets to me and it will be even more fun. :)

Have a great last couple of hours.
  • edited August 2013

10:09 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 442 519 218 49  
    left 48 37 3    

gez_bear 3 34      
    touchsmart 21 37      
    FLASHJONNY 44 15      

• edited August 2013
    Has come to the conclusion its a tad busy 2nite on sky poker.....been on the waiting list over an hour now for mastercash one and two and still nowhere getting on!!!! #sigh
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks for showing my poor play, lol.

Lambert played it very well on the river as I was convinced he was diamond drawing and the check 'confirmed' it for me, thus I shoved trying to rep an Ace....ah well :)

WP Lambert :)

Great show as usual guys.

Stewart1

• edited August 2013

good luck flash... fingers crossed.  wp

10:30 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 442 519 218 49  
    left 18 12 1    

FLASHJONNY 13 11      

• edited August 2013
    Great show guys.  Learning lots from Redz

Enjoyed watching myself set 34 quid on fire with the 6 8 call.

Basically the only hand i was beating was ak or aq with the ace of diamonds. (Which he is capable of floating the flop with and then would have turned the nut draw)

I was 100% expecting him to check the river with me obviously willing to bluff off the rest of my stack. When he lead the river i was just so confused.
    Curiosity got the better of me.  If i knew i was going to see it on Tv , i would have folded ! ......(maybe).

Excuses over
    Enjoy the last hour . 
  • edited August 2013
    Come on guys, it just rolls off the tongue ;)
  • edited August 2013
    hello both i was in the hunt for the jackpot but bromley 04 busted me in 16th 88 44 he hit 4 on the river but finished 3r in the mini so well made up great show
  • edited August 2013

excellent flash, as usual