You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is ukops back???

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Am i missing something or losing the plot here???
in lobby on 26th aug there is UKOPS £3,000 b/hunter.

so will there be a UKOPS at the end of this month, as only this mtt is up at the moment saying UKOPS.

gl all at the tables

Comments

• edited August 2013

Morning ms-tree.

I'm not sure how that individual Tournament escaped & was let free on parole, but fair to say, it looks like a bit of a clue.....

• edited August 2013
    Morning tikay, so as i can see that it will begin on week starting 26th then??

Will there be OMAHA this year (we shell see)
    I hope so, for many reasons, it is starting to attract more players day on day, will gives the UKOPS something different to run a couple of OMAHA mtt's. (i will keep pushing on this lol, til we get more on here).

Hope all is well, and gl at the tables.
  • edited August 2013
    The first UKOPS series included an Omaha event. Unfortunately it ran with overlay despite a big push to generate interest.

I think I'm correct in saying no other UKOPS event has ever run with overlay, so it would be understandable if Sky are hesitant to reintroduce Omaha into the series again. 
  • edited August 2013

I can confirm - hypothetically, of course! - that an Omaha event is "unlikely", for the reasons Gary summed up succinctly.

Still, there is no reason why we can't have a Community-organised little Omaha Series, I am sure we can organise a nice basket of PLO & PLO8 Tourneys from the schedule which, between ourselves, we can run for 3 or 4 nights. I'm happy to play them all, big them up on Twitter & stuff, generally try & make some noise, & we'll have a bit of fun along the way.

We'd have to do it the week before, or week after, UKOPS, of course, & I'd need to ensure I was available for all 3 or 4 nights. Happy to do that, though.

We could call it TikopsAha........*

* Maybe not..... 

For those that ache for PLO & PLO8, I play little PLO8 DYM's most nights, & would willingly play PLO versions, too, at the £2.25, £5.50, & £11 levels. Don't mind playing cash, either, if you fancy it.

If we want to convince the Business to focus more on ther 4 card games, we have to show evidence of demand. Truth is, the demand is very low on ALL Sites, & Live, as well. I went down to Brighton last week to play that rarest of beasts, a Live PLO Tourney. It got 13 runners......

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Is ukops back???:
    I can confirm - hypothetically, of course! - that an Omaha event is "unlikely", for the reasons Gary summed up succinctly. Still, there is no reason why we can't have a Community-organised little Omaha Series, I am sure we can organise a nice basket of PLO & PLO8 Tourneys from the schedule which, between ourselves, we can run for 3 or 4 nights. I'm happy to play them all, big them up on Twitter & stuff, generally try & make some noise, & we'll have a bit of fun along the way. We'd have to do it the week before, or week after, UKOPS, of course, & I'd need to ensure I was available for all 3 or 4 nights. Happy to do that, though. We could call it TikopsAha........* * Maybe not.....  For those that ache for PLO & PLO8, I play little PLO8 DYM's most nights, & would willingly play PLO versions, too, at the £2.25, £5.50, & £11 levels. Don't mind playing cash, either, if you fancy it.   If we want to convince the Business to focus more on ther 4 card games, we have to show evidence of demand. Truth is, the demand is very low on ALL Sites, & Live, as well. I went down to Brighton last week to play that rarest of beasts, a Live PLO Tourney. It got 13 runners......      
    Posted by Tikay10
    Finishing position please!
  • edited August 2013

I will go for 15th. Is there a prize?
  • edited August 2013

Sigh.

I made the last two Tables, but was a long way short of making the Final......

Must be said, the exit hand was typically Omaha-comical.

NOT a bad beat story, but we were having HUGE fun at the table, which included WSOP Bracelet Winner & Sky Poker Cash Game bloke James Dempsey, & a chap called Paul Parker, who is quite a character.

This is Paul, God bless him.

Anyway, Flushy (James Dempsey) is two to my left, standing sentry on me. I'm down to about 5 or 6 bigs, & I KNOW that when I make my move, he'll give me a spin.

I find this hand, which given my stack, would have to suffice for the move.....

K-Q-J-9

POT

Flushy, as expected, repots.

On their backs.

He is CRUSHED.

He has K-10-9-5.

"Any 5's in the deck?" he shouts. (The 10 would be a BAD card for him, as it brings all my draws into play).

We see a gorgeous flop for me.....

J-2-2

Gorgeous (by way of explaining to non-Omaha players) because it kills all his two pair options. I'm almost a lock to win it now.

The turn looked innocent at first sight. 

GIVE ME AN EIGHT shouts Flushy.   

A what? How that help? Oh yeah, the old double gutterball runner runner perfect back door straight jobbie.

The river was......

BOOM!

"Taxi for tikay" they all holler.
  • edited August 2013
    I totally understand what you are saying about OMAHA, and that i doesn't attract many players,  but if there was more OMAHA around on here (even 1 big mtt evry week)  maybe it will attract more to play!!!

Shame it will not be in his years UKOPS, but love the idea of running a few mtt's over a week, maybe sort out this league jobbie (that i wanted to do a while back)  and hopefully get more players to join the fun.

gl at the tables, and have fun
  • edited August 2013
    There is a £5.50 PLO8 MTT at 20.25. It seems to be picking up lately and getting around 30 runners so if anyone fancies a go at their first PLO8 MTT this would be a good place to start.
  • edited August 2013
    maybe try a £50 guarantee hi/lo game at say 2.20 entry an hour before the £100 guarantee game and try build from there up .then do a side comp say enter 4 in a month and your 3 top finishes win a small tournement token or somthing just too try and entice some new players...i play hi/lo dyms all the time and there is more and more different players trying them on a dailly basis
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Is ukops back???:
    Sigh. I made the last two Tables, but was a long way short of making the Final...... Must be said, the exit hand was typically Omaha-comical.   NOT a bad beat story, but we were having HUGE fun at the table, which included WSOP Bracelet Winner & Sky Poker Cash Game bloke James Dempsey, & a chap called Paul Parker, who is quite a character.   This is Paul, God bless him. Anyway, Flushy (James Dempsey) is two to my left, standing sentry on me. I'm down to about 5 or 6 bigs, & I KNOW that when I make my move, he'll give me a spin.   I find this hand, which given my stack, would have to suffice for the move..... K-Q-J-9 POT Flushy, as expected, repots.   On their backs. He is CRUSHED. He has K-10-9-5. "Any 5's in the deck?" he shouts. (The 10 would be a BAD card for him, as it brings all my draws into play). We see a gorgeous flop for me..... J-2-2 Gorgeous (by way of explaining to non-Omaha players) because it kills all his two pair options. I'm almost a lock to win it now. The turn looked innocent at first sight.  7.  GIVE ME AN EIGHT shouts Flushy.    A what? How that help? Oh yeah, the old double gutterball runner runner perfect back door straight jobbie. The river was......   BOOM! "Taxi for tikay " they all holler.
    Posted by Tikay10

I don't understand this.

You were knocked out of a tournament even though you had the best hand?

well until that runner runner straight killed you on the river.

but you haven't claimed anywhere that the game was rigged! 

seriously though, love these little anecdotes, do keep it up.

• edited August 2013

Thanks Geldy.

Yup, shock horror, the best hand lost in Omaha, who'd have thought?

My anecdotes are not everyone's cup of tea, I know that, but poker is supposed to be fun, & every time I play I come away with a hundred memories, & a hundred stories. That's what the game is about, for me.

If I were good enough, I'd just play poker & write stories, all day & all night, 7 days a week. Fortunately or otherwise, depending where you sit, I'm not good enough at either.....