You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

for the Rangers fans..please comment with opinions on this post please

edited February 2014 in The Football Corner
I like many other bears am sitting here wondering what the huck is going on inside our club and what the outcome is going too be?
I,ll start off with ally as manager do u think he is upto the job of leading us onwards and upwards?? We will start with his 1st season in charge malmo,maribor in europe was a disgrace and a complete joke we had a squad that was full of international players and high earners yet we were shown up by europa league teams !!! and a 9 point lead in the league which we ended up 10 points behind sceptic and thats without the ten point deduction! and then there was the embarrassing league cup defeat too falkirk.
and getting beat by dundee utd in the scottish cup,6 cup games and not 1 win!!in his own right he has now never gone further in a cup as manager than a quarter-final and that was in the Ramsdens Cup.
then we go onto the 3rd division(4th division in scotland) we had a squad that had international players and most of the players he signed would have been targeted even if we had still been in the shelf so there is no excuse that he would have got better players if we had been in the shelf. with the signings we made that season the 4th tier of scottish football should have been a walk in the park,But it was not it was a long hard slog and showed allys weaknesses in his formations and man management skills(example andy little played 4 positions in 1 game and not one of them was his natural postion of thru the middle!)then we have the cup game against Q.O.S that should never have happened!then there was caley thistle,and then scumdee utd! in the cups.if it had been any other manager that had no previous connections too rangers we would have hounded him out ages ago!! look at alex mcleish he done a great job for us with his hands tied behind his back(remember that was the start of the cost cutting at ibrox)he had a limited budget and knew that we had too sell players too buy players yet he still delivered succsess on the european stage(1st scottish team to make knockout stages of champions league) as well as a domestic treble but that was not good enough for some!!! so the question i ask my fellow bears is if it was not a record goalscorer in charge of our team would he still have the backing he has got????ally mcCoist is (and always will be a rangers legend for his on field performances)but be honest with your selves would he still be manager if it was not for his past glory,s and he was only judged on his performance as a manager of rangers i,m sorry too say but if he had no history with the club he would have been sacked after his 1st season... i really hope ally proves me wrong( i grew up watching and wishing i could be half as good as him) but if im being 100% honest i don,t think he has the managerial skills too take our club forward and i say that hoping ally proves me wrong but in my heart of hearts i don,t think he is upto the job, and i dont think he is helped by the likes of durrant,durie,kirkwood being on his coaching staff it all seems too cosy it doe,s not seem like there is any1 that will turn around and say sorry ally it is not working and things need too change...but im hoping i,am wrong and the way i see it ally should be given the full season too see whether he has the know how too lead us onwards and upwards too our righteous place as the best team in scotland!! ally the goalscorer is and always will be a legend.....but ally the manager is up for debate and hopefully he proves me wrong///////churchy

Comments

• edited August 2013
    As a CELTIC supporter i fully intended to read your post but NOT comment
    on it because it is a debate for Rangers supporters alone.
     However your reference to Celtic as sceptic and to Dundee utd as scumdee utd
    showed you up for WHAT you really are.The knuckledragger in you just couldn't
    help yourself could you?
    Heres hoping Sally stays for years.:) HH
  • edited August 2013
    knuckle dragger hmm we wont go into what the sceptic fans think is acceptable to sing or do all the time!!!! dont want thread closed so we won,t go any further fail fail W.A.T.P 54 and counting @) THEN NOW FOREVER
  • edited August 2013
    I'm neither Celtic or Rangers but as a avid Sheff Utd fan what I can tell ya is that Charles Green is only in it for what he can get out of it he has no interest in Rangers going forward other than making a profit for himself.
    I have to say what has happened to Rangers is an absolute Joke demoting the team 3 divisions has brought a financial crisis to the Scot Premier done nothing for the Scottish leagues or any of its fans. The people who were to blame just move on and leave others to pick up the mess.
    I wish you luck on a swift return to the top as that league is a joke without Rangers in it.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: for the Rangers fans..please comment with opinions on this post please:
    I'm neither Celtic or Rangers but as a avid Sheff Utd fan what I can tell ya is that Charles Green is only in it for what he can get out of it he has no interest in Rangers going forward other than making a profit for himself. I have to say what has happened to Rangers is an absolute Joke demoting the team 3 divisions has brought a financial crisis to the Scot Premier done nothing for the Scottish leagues or any of its fans. The people who were to blame just move on and leave others to pick up the mess. I wish you luck on a swift return to the top as that league is a joke without Rangers in it.
    Posted by a00rock
    yeah he has shown it is all about the money .hope utd go back up a division this year as well and gl at the tables