You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New software impressions

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
I apoligise in advance if this has all been discussed before and is a boring topic, but i haven't been on the forum or played cash on sky for a while and have just tried out the beta.

I have just opened 4 tables to test it out and didn't stay on very long. I think the old layout is superior and much easier to follow.

The action buttons were laggy and didn't respond very well, i actually ended up timing out with a set and checking top pair in a 3bet pot as a result of this.

I can't see how this is an improvement other than the much needed features such as auto top-up. It would be alot better if sky could just incorporate the new features into the old layout imo as this new software is not user friendly at all.

Once again i apoligise if this has all been discussed 1000 times before. This is just my first impressions of the Beta, i used to play a fair bit of cash on here and am looking to start again but i wouldn't want to stay if this is the only platform to play cash games, it's pretty awful imo.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    i have similar issues when trying to multi table with the new software. In my feeback i said something along the lines of have a button like the mini view now that gets rid of the fancy graphics and just gives you the basic information that you need.
  • edited August 2013
    I agree . If im forced to swtich to the new layout i will but would prefer the old layout with auto top.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: New software impressions:
    I agree . If im forced to swtich to the new layout i will but would prefer the old layout with auto top.
    Posted by offshoot

THIS
  • edited August 2013
    Prefered sitting is also a nice tweak they can keep that in there to

Is it just me or do the hole cards seem to small when in mini view to. I mean i can see them just prefer the sizing as it is atm in mini
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks for your feedback, we have prevented discussion on the beta software on this open forum as the majority of viewers are unable to contribute and we need to collate all feedback in a structured manner to allow it to be digested and acted upon. Many comments will contradict each other and we have to be able to see all sides and opinions before making decisions.

foldUFairy, there is a survey link, which we will PM you, where you can provide your feedback direct to the development team, as jams88 has mentioned, as there's some key information we need to collate from you. We genuinely want and will take into account all feedback, positive and negative, so that we can ensure we continue to improve the software to meet everyone’s expectations.

A good example is the size of the hole cards in mini-view which you mentioned Jams88, these are already being addressed and will be available within 24 hours.

We will be extending access to the new software to everyone on hold’em cash tables very shortly, giving all players the opportunity to use it and give us their feedback. At this point we will provide the mechanism for everyone to openly discuss the new software on this forum and we will be able to provide details on what we are doing to improve it, so watch this space for more info.

Everyone will still have access to the old software in parallel with the new software until we have got it right, plus we will continue to finalise tournament and Omaha support.

Best Wishes

The Sky Poker Team
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks for your feedback, we have prevented discussion on the beta software on this open forum as the majority of viewers are unable to contribute and we need to collate all feedback in a structured manner to allow it to be digested and acted upon. Many comments will contradict each other and we have to be able to see all sides and opinions before making decisions. foldUFairy , there is a survey link, which we will PM you, where you can provide your feedback direct to the development team, as jams88 has mentioned, as there's some key information we need to collate from you. We genuinely want and will take into account all feedback, positive and negative, so that we can ensure we continue to improve the software to meet everyone’s expectations. A good example is the size of the hole cards in mini-view which you mentioned Jams88, these are already being addressed and will be available within 24 hours. We will be extending access to the new software to everyone on hold’em cash tables very shortly, giving all players the opportunity to use it and give us their feedback. At this point we will provide the mechanism for everyone to openly discuss the new software on this forum and we will be able to provide details on what we are doing to improve it, so watch this space for more info. Everyone will still have access to the old software in parallel with the new software until we have got it right, plus we will continue to finalise tournament and Omaha support. Best Wishes The Sky Poker Team
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    What about MTTs?
  • edited August 2013
    correct me if im wrong but a BETA will always have issues as they wont know what does & doesnt work untill people actually play it i.e its a BETA,,,,,, all the issues u have all pointed out here is the reason why betas exist,,, ive done loads of betas over the years on all formats of gaming they will always glitch crash look good then rubbish alot wont work at the time & there will b rubbish ideas,, but thats the whole point of a beta,,,, so everyone thats stated that this & that is (*%$£) will b sorted fixed or redesigned b4 the final release,,, what u all said is actually great feed back 4 it all being fixed
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: New software impressions : What about MTTs?
    Posted by gazza127
    "plus we will continue to finalise tournament and Omaha support."

It's on its way, but clearly its best to iron out any wrinkles first based on the feedback from the beta tests. 
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by offshoot

Ditto
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: New software impressions : "plus we will continue to finalise tournament and Omaha support." It's on its way, but clearly its best to iron out any wrinkles first based on the feedback from the beta tests. 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Ah.  Must have glanced over that bit.  Cheers. 
  • edited August 2013
    it's brilliant when i'm winning

awful when i'm not