You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a fold

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
urgh

your read is he is super aggro - so you are probably ahead of most of his range

you can shove or fold - but as you have no spades and he might have one - and he has you covered - and his call pre means if he does have a spade it will be a big one - he may well call

on reflection probably will fold - in game may well shove

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Final 3 of ME 1 tiny stack to my left and a super aggro big stack on my right.

I pick up aces with the view of getting mr aggro all in pre, he flats my 3 bet and I get this flop.

Considering action and the fact that 2nd place is an extra £300 and also there is a tiny stack who is likely to go out over the next couple of orbits is this a fold to the min raise?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TONY509 Small blind  1500.00 1500.00 377104.84
    Batkin88 Big blind  3000.00 4500.00 214190.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

kcxyz Fold     
    TONY509 Raise  4500.00 9000.00 372604.84
    Batkin88 Raise  15000.00 24000.00 199190.00
    TONY509 Call  12000.00 36000.00 360604.84
    Flop

• Q

TONY509 Check     
    Batkin88 Bet  27000.00 63000.00 172190.00
    TONY509 Raise  54000.00 117000.00 306604.84
    Batkin88 ????
  • edited August 2013
    Im hating the click back here...

URGH... I dunno.  I'd like to think I'd fold as even if you are ahead... you arent miles ahead... but if you are playing 'Mr Aggro' id probably think he was messing about with a queen and shove.... probably to find out he's holding the absolute nuts.
  • edited August 2013
    I'd say Icm makes it a fold, how short is shorty?

On a purely chip EV front if you have been aggro too I prob click it back and hope he spews
  • edited August 2013
    shorty is running 49k. This hand as haunted me all day so disgusted I couldn't fold it. I had played a very poor FT only played a few hands so looked super tight. The writing was on the wall I just turned the light off and ran straight into it!
  • ybyb
    edited August 2013
    never folding here

think i tank call and get it in on blank turns
  • edited August 2013
    If villain has been as aggro as you say, I think I'm happy to go for it. Perhaps happy is the wrong word, and I hate that clickback. As said above, flat it and look to get it in on a none spade turn. If he's flopped it then it's pretty unfortunate for us, but this looks like too good a spot to turn down vs an aggro maniac.

If it's a nightmare turn card, we can get away and still be playing a reasonable stack.

It is indeed a horrible spot.
  • edited August 2013
    fold n be happy about it even if u shove ya not much favourite against a pair and a spade draw
  • edited August 2013
    these type of hands in these spots are prob reason why I ain`t a great mtt player don`t think I fold.

played this player quite a lot and they are very aggro and could easily just be raising with just a qx/9x or draw so i`m torn between just getting in the now but also like what YB said flat and see a safe turn and get it in.

also I understand that it`s big pay jump but I always like play ftw so if win this pot off this opponent gets us in a great shape to do this.

but by sounds of it you may have run it a monster this time?
  • edited August 2013
    nothing much you could of done batkin you played really well , I disagree with your assessment of me lol NOT AGGRO.