You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

outplayed by a pro!!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancewineliSmall blind 20.0020.001940.00oldgolfBig blind 40.0060.002085.00 Your hole cardsQQ   raffles65Raise 80.00140.002275.00rivermunkyRaise 200.00340.004785.00SchmegEyeCall 200.00540.001325.00bbMikeFold    wineliFold    oldgolfFold    raffles65Call 120.00660.002155.00Flop  764   raffles65Check    rivermunkyBet 660.001320.004125.00SchmegEyeFold    raffles65All-in 2155.003475.000.00rivermunkyCall 1495.004970.002630.00raffles65Show5A   rivermunkyShowQQ   Turn  8   River  6   raffles65WinStraight to the 84970.00 4970.0

Comments

• edited August 2013
    i'd find any table he/she is at and sit down and not leave until he/she has. giving away chips 
  • edited August 2013
    Villain played it fine, they cannot call so it is shove or fold. They elected to shove.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: outplayed by a pro!!:
    Villain played it fine, they cannot call so it is shove or fold. They elected to shove.
    Posted by Batkin88
    Agreed
  • edited August 2013
    Just because they cant call doesnt make a shove fine.

They still played it pretty poor.
  • edited August 2013

Not in the clinic, so I won't go into too much detail...

However, if you're going to question your opponent's decision-making, you should probably question your own, too.

If you don't think your opponent can justify getting his stack in on this flop with a draw, then you should be asking yourself whether your full-pot bet sizing was a good one. You're relying on your opponent making a big mistake because you've left him with (what should be) the impression that he has no fold equity with his drawing hands.

As it happens he got it in with 40% equity, so if he believes he has any fold equity - i.e. he believes there is some chance you may fold, even after your full-pot bet - then his shove is definitely good. Even if you call every time, his pot-odds are 43% so he's not that far wrong.

Regardless of what you think of your opponent's play, you've pretty much played your hand face up. After you full-pot it on the flop, I'd be expecting you to never fold. This type of play allows good opponents to play easy, perfect poker against you. You need to look at that and question your own thought processes.

• edited August 2013
    I know this guy..he came 2nd in an spt at Newcastle (I came 1st).... He is a very good player.

• edited August 2013
    i'd find any table he/she is at and sit down and not leave until he/she has. giving away chips 
    Posted by d3admau6
    You think he is that bad because he calls a raise with a5s...then hits opened on flop?
  • edited August 2013
    no offense but I have seen you make calls a lot worse pre and hit miracle cards so gotta accept it will happen to you, also don`t think opponent played the hand that bad tbh.
  • edited August 2013
    I'd say calling a 3bet out of position with A5 is pretty bad... no1 seems to have picked up on that?

rest looked pretty standard.
  • edited August 2013
    not with 3 in the pot he is calling for a flush heavy board or exactly this flop. Pretty standard although I would prefer 56 to A5 but still the same concept
  • edited August 2013
    I'd say calling a 3bet out of position with A5 is pretty bad... no1 seems to have picked up on that? rest looked pretty standard.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    not sure really..he raises with an average hand then has to call a 3bet  for 120 chips. I think if you are raising there you are not folding to such a small bet.
    people get so results orientated but realyy both players played it fine imo...poker gods rule!