You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Missing players on the New £500 daily freeroll!

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
It really annoys me when I play the fantastic new daily £500 freeroll when half of the players are 'AWAY'. I think people should be illuminated after a certain time or until the late reg has finished in order to provide a better pot for those who actually take the time to play!

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Missing players on the New £500 daily freeroll!:
    It really annoys me when I play the fantastic new daily £500 freeroll when half of the players are 'AWAY'. I think people should be illuminated after a certain time or until the late reg has finished in order to provide a better pot for those who actually take the time to play!
    Posted by Ojoem
    Great idea. Players glowing at the table would make it a much more enjoyable grind.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Missing players on the New £500 daily freeroll!:
    In Response to Missing players on the New £500 daily freeroll! : Great idea. Players glowing at the table would make it a much more enjoyable grind.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

LOL... Classic
  • edited August 2013
    £500 Daily Freeroll - sponsored by Ready Brek.

• edited August 2013
    Does this tournament take place in Blackpool?
  • edited August 2013
    Certainly brightened up my day!
  • edited August 2013
    Lollllllllllllllllllllll
  • edited August 2013

I think someone needs to lighten up ;)
  • edited August 2013
    lighten up guys hes trying to make a genuine point 
  • edited August 2013

He must have a dim view of away players
  • edited August 2013
    i agree with first post, many sites now place away players out of game if not in the game by level 1 (if you know what i mean).  but i do not see any point in doing this as i think its easy chios/money if you are seated with 5 people seating out.

• edited August 2013
    its a freeroll why would it bother you
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by Ojoem
    Ho Ojoem.

We know it annoys many people, & try to mitigate against it, but we cannot FORCE people to take the seats they are entitled to. 

Try & look at it anothwer way, to give a little balance to your annoyance. 

IF (hypothetically) there is a £500 Freeroll for which 500 seats are available, then you are getting a £1 per head Freeroll. If only half the field turn up, you are now getting a £2 per head freeroll, & assuming 10% of the field get paid, in this case, 20% of the field get paid.

£2 quid beats a quid all day long, & 20% beats 10%!

Yes, it means you have some unusual dynamics to deal with until the no-shows all blind away, but it balances out really, some pain, some gain.

I hope it does not mar your enjoyemt too much, & you can accept the swings & roundabouts.  

• edited August 2013
    and sitting out can be a valid strategy

I have qualified for the Monday "bet" tournament from the Friday freeroll just by sitting out. My live game was running late and I wasn't going to start playing a freeroll on my phone when on the FT on a real tournament. But it looked like I might be able to last long enough even without playing so I kept my registration in.
  • edited August 2013
    How about players that fail to play in freerolls they register be banned for x number of following freerolls.

It takes no effort to unregister, and all these away players just ruins the game.

Or perhaps just boot them after 30mins?
  • edited August 2013
    How about players that fail to play in freerolls they register be banned for x number of following freerolls. It takes no effort to unregister, and all these away players just ruins the game. Or perhaps just boot them after 30mins?
    Posted by calcalfold
    That may prove just a little unpopular Mr Calca!

It has never been the case, in any form of poker, Online or Live, that players entitled to play are FORCED to take their seat. How can the site possibly know if their absence is due to lack of interest, or a genuine reason, such as an internet disconnection, watching Man United, or unscheduled childbirth? ;)

Ruin the game? Well I agree, it does not improve the game dynamics, but as I explained a few posts up, there are also considerable benefits to playing a Tourney where there are many "no-shows".

As with everything, some pros, some cons.   

• edited August 2013
    If they are watching Man Utd then they should be booted out !!! :D
  • edited August 2013
    If they are watching Man Utd then they should be booted out !!! :D
    Posted by JPW33

• edited August 2013
    Sigh.....I run a poker league on a Friday night and I get this every couple of weeks or so.
    Somebody will reg in the afternoon and inform me that they will be 30 min or so late.
    After about ten mins the moaning starts."how come he can just sit out and not risk losing his chips"
    My answer is always "because he has paid his money to enter and can sit down when he wants"
    To which the reply is usually"right I'm going to do that next week and start after the break with loads of chips"
    But they never do..:)
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by Ojoem
    this is just stupid. sat out players are free money. even in timed tournaments they take very little money at the end if the tourney. its a fun aspect of the game to strategiacally steal blinds. your saying you dont like free money beause it 'ruins ur game'. crazy. almost as crazy as wanting to illuminnate players. i think you should be elasticated from freeroll's for your sillyness, i meen eliminated.
  • edited August 2013
    Serious point here, could Sky speed up the time these away players fold. If they are away then they're away, in a live game they are folded as soon as the cards are dealt, but on here we still have to wait a few seconds for the timer to go down. I know it's not much and sounds petty, but it does get annoying every hand when you know they are going to fold anyway.
  • edited August 2013
    Serious point here, could Sky speed up the time these away players fold. If they are away then they're away, in a live game they are folded as soon as the cards are dealt, but on here we still have to wait a few seconds for the timer to go down. I know it's not much and sounds petty, but it does get annoying every hand when you know they are going to fold anyway.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Also "away" player's cards should be mucked and they should not be able to win chips. Sky is the only site I know where "away" players can win pots! 
  • edited August 2013
    Password protected mtts require the entrant to have the password. This is the same on all sites.

Also singling out one player who you "think" should not have the password for an mtt and repeatedly posting these allegations in table chat and on the forum is not really fair.

How I obtained the password, and whether I was "entitled" to be in a certain password protected mtt is frankly none of your business. How do I know you were "entitled" to enter?? I do not have access to your personal e-mails so I don't know if you were invited or not, and I don't really care!

If you have any concerns, privately report the matter to Sky customer care. Please do not make any unsubstantiated allegations. 

Thank you. 

• edited August 2013
    haha got to laugh sorry go on report it to sky cusomer care see what they say lol
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Missing players on the New £500 daily freeroll! : Also "away" player's cards should be mucked and they should not be able to win chips. Sky is the only site I know where "away" players can win pots! 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    what?  how is possible for 'away' players not to win a hand if every1 else folds? they've got to take the small blind. ive never known any site not let sat out players win pots and i play everywhere. what sites are u talking about?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Missing players on the New £500 daily freeroll! : what?  how is possible for 'away' players not to win a hand if every1 else folds? they've got to take the small blind. ive never known any site not let sat out players win pots and i play everywhere. what sites are u talking about?
    Posted by nirvana29
    If everyone folds to an away player in the big blind, yes he takes the pot on other sites. On sky, though, if it's a limped pot the away player in the big blind doesn't fold. He keeps his cards so, if it's checked down, his hand can win. On stars his cards are folded as soon as the action is on him, if I recall correctly.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Missing players on the New £500 daily freeroll! : If everyone folds to an away player in the big blind, yes he takes the pot on other sites. On sky, though, if it's a limped pot the away player in the big blind doesn't fold. He keeps his cards so, if it's checked down, his hand can win. On stars his cards are folded as soon as the action is on him, if I recall correctly.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Yes this is what I meant, thanks for explaining it, saved me a job!
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Really?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Missing players on the New £500 daily freeroll! :
    Posted by Tikay10

LOL as always ref favours Man utd !!
  • edited August 2013
    Agree completely, only site that you can hack a private tournament and get to keep the winnings too! Don't you agree GREGG
    Posted by tra_sexton
    Good morning (Mrs) tra_ Sexton.

As I stated previously on the Community, AND via PM, if you have concerns about this matter, the correct route is to report it to Customer Care please.

Thanks.