You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bet,Raise,Fold documentary

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
hey guys if any of yous have not seen this yet and quite fancy it here it is.

Link removed: Bet Raise Fold video on YouTube.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Thanks, will watch that later, looks good.
  • edited August 2013
    Is that authoised by the copyright holder?
  • edited August 2013
    Hi folks,

I've removed the link from the opening post - while it's a bit of a grey area for us as a forum, there is very strong chance that the YouTube link in question is infringing copyright. That's not something we can really support, which a link from here to there kind of does.

Hope you understand.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited August 2013

The best way round this slightly ticklish problem for us is simply for you to go to You Tube & search for that Video.
  • edited August 2013
    YEH LIAMBOI SEEN IT VERY GOOD DOC 

THEY WAS ANOTHER ONE I WATCHED A WHILE BACK CALLED BUSTO TO REBUSTO. 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Bet,Raise,Fold documentary:
    YEH LIAMBOI SEEN IT VERY GOOD DOC  THEY WAS ANOTHER ONE I WATCHED A WHILE BACK CALLED BUSTO TO REBUSTO. 
    Posted by D_Legend
    yeah both very good m8 defo worth a watch for others that haven`t seen any of them.
  • edited August 2013
    Ooh, could be an intersting watch

acquiring it now! (I think it's been removed from Youtube)
  • edited August 2013

Wow. That really was a good watch! I'd only vaguely heard about the troubles with online poker in the US but I didn't realize it was so bad - after a quick search I've just found that the US players of *the well-known site*  STILL haven't been paid out too. It's ludicrous how after 10 years of the online poker industry, and let's face it - it is (was) an industry over the pond, being so successful that the American government could do such a thing!

The understanding I have of it pretty much comes from just this documentary so it's likely that you're going to know more about it than me and have more grounds to form an opinion on but one of the things said absolutely riled me. That was the clip of Jim Leach saying online gambling is "crack c*caine for gamblers" - "click the mouse, lose your house". I guess that's true for some people but with the right minded person, it isn't. Your balance may only be a number and not physical money that you can actually touch but (most) people still know to be responsible. If that's the only justification there is, that your balance doesn't seem like real money and is simply a number then the same could be said about online shopping. That's never been made illegal though.

Again, I've not read into the issue and my opinion is solely based on the documentary.

I could understand some pro poker players losing touch with financial reality a little in the 'nosebleed stakes' but as professional players, they're going to be prepared for the variance. A person isn't going to jump straight into the super-high stakes and "click the mouse, lose their house", they're probably going to be risking part of a bank roll which they've built up instead. 

Seeing the reactions of some of the players post Black Friday, particularly Danielle really hit me too. I'm guessing she managed to deal with it well - I can imagine it really messed some people up mentally. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of suicides increased following it! Although they shouldn't - many people have EVERYTHING riding on poker. I guess the key is anyone thinking about going pro should have a backup, EDUCATION!

I'm not sure if that's just been hammered into my head or if it's a personal view. We'll find out on Thursday when I get my A-level results I guess!

Anyway, I'm going to read up on this a little more tomorrow I think, I really did find it interesting. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of it, Liam!

• edited August 2013
    Ooh, could be an intersting watch acquiring it now! (I think it's been removed from Youtube)
    Posted by ItzJosh
    yeah it got removed from youtube like the day after I watched it.I was gutted wanted watch it again but yeah was defo interesting glad you enjoyed it.

where did you watch it if don`t mind me asking?you download it from the betraisefold site?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Bet,Raise,Fold documentary : yeah it got removed from youtube like the day after I watched it.I was gutted wanted watch it again but yeah was defo interesting glad you enjoyed it. where did you watch it if don`t mind me asking?you download it from the betraisefold site?
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yes it can be downoaded but I dont think I can post a link on here Liam.
    PM me if you like and I can point you in the right direction.
  • edited August 2013
    itsjosh poker mainly a game where u don't decide to go pro out of the blue you should be going pro because your making so much money from the game it would be silly not to.

personally I would just keep playing for FUN, less stresfull. or for pocket change (trainers, night out with gf ect) 

and believe black Friday was a b**ch, remember that day like it was yesterday.
  • edited August 2013

In Response to Re: Bet,Raise,Fold documentary:
    In Response to Re: Bet,Raise,Fold documentary : yeah it got removed from youtube like the day after I watched it.I was gutted wanted watch it again but yeah was defo interesting glad you enjoyed it. where did you watch it if don`t mind me asking?you download it from the betraisefold site?
    Posted by liamboi11

No, I downloaded it by other means - like MrJoeBlogs said though, I wouldn't be able to post a link on here. I'll probably watch it again myself to be honest, it was pretty late and I probably didn't take everything in! 

I'm sure one of either me or Joe could PM you how/where to get it...

In Response to Re: Bet,Raise,Fold documentary:
    itsjosh poker mainly a game where u don't decide to go pro out of the blue you should be going pro because your making so much money from the game it would be silly not to. personally I would just keep playing for FUN, less stresfull. or for pocket change (trainers, night out with gf ect)  and believe black Friday was a b**ch, remember that day like it was yesterday.
    Posted by D_Legend

Yeah, at this stage I wouldn't even dream of becoming a pro. Or in fact at any stage, unless I was winning big time. I'd much rather have a job with a stable income and play poker on an evening. I can see myself playing quite a lot at uni, although work comes first!

I don't think I'd be able to cope with variance if poker was my only source of income!

• edited August 2013
    itsjosh poker mainly a game where u don't decide to go pro out of the blue you should be going pro because your making so much money from the game it would be silly not to. personally I would just keep playing for FUN, less stresfull. or for pocket change (trainers, night out with gf ect)  and believe black Friday was a b**ch, remember that day like it was yesterday.
    Posted by D_Legend
    What is this ''gf'' that you speak of?
  • edited August 2013
    Having a gf does not conform to optimal BRM strategy.
  • edited August 2013
    Having a gf does not conform to optimal BRM strategy.
    Posted by bbMike

LOOOL GIRL FRIENDS ARE THE RAKE LOOL

EVERY TIME I ONCE IN A MONTH WIN A BIG pot, her hands rug together and the words oh i we can go on hoilday now come out pfffff. 

just see the money not the bankroll 
  • edited August 2013
    An appeal, on behalf of the makers of Bet, Raise, Fold...

Please BUY the movie from the official website. Please don't download or stream it illegally. The people who funded/made this excellent documentary deserve to be compensated for their efforts.