You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Golden Tickets returns...

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat

We know some of you have been asking when this will be back.

Well it's back now - see
here

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Hey I just finished 6th out of 232 players .Top 5 got paid !  FYL skypoker
  • edited August 2013
    Thank's alot from the non cash players.
    Hard type sarcasm.
    Saw the the e-mail and my heart leapt my favorite promos back then i read it.
  • edited August 2013
    Why only cash players again?
  • edited August 2013
    Not to keen on this promo.  Can we have a rake race please :-)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns...:
    Not to keen on this promo.  Can we have a rake race please :-)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Yes no edge for you in this one mate lol
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : Yes no edge for you in this one mate lol
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    :-(

Puts me off grinding!
  • edited August 2013
    I grinded to 6th place in sattlite 232 runners and came bubble top 5 got paid ...Give me some kind of bonus sky !

These golden tickets have no real value just another cheap gimmeck
  • edited August 2013
    very disappointing this excludes tournament players, i feel that there is very little out there promo wise for players who only play tournaments. Its about time sky offer tournament tickets in exchange for excess poker points.... 
  • edited August 2013
    Well done for bringing it back. Metaphorical slaps for making it cash only
  • edited August 2013
    Cash games only - pretty poor
  • edited August 2013
    You have to realise that Sky make so much more money from cash games than tournements hence why cash games offer better promos, from a business point of view they cannot be blamed at all.
  • edited August 2013
    promo is good because every1 has a chance of winning, just last 2-3 times I have had won nothing from this promo and i`ve had maximim tickets lol.
  • edited August 2013
    promo is good because every1 has a chance of winning, just last 2-3 times I have had won nothing from this promo and i`ve had maximim tickets lol.
    Posted by liamboi11
    How does everyone have a chance of winning?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : How does everyone have a chance of winning?
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs

well just noticed it says you need to play cash but you only need to gain a few points playing cash then you have some tickets.

what`s the saying you gotta be in it to win it!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : well just noticed it says you need to play cash but you only need to gain a few points playing cash then you have some tickets. what`s the saying you gotta be in it to win it!
    Posted by liamboi11
    Very true.
    But why make it cash only in the first place.
    We have recently had several rake races which of course are cash only.
    The last time the golden ticket promo ran, It was for everybody so why not this time?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : Very true. But why make it cash only in the first place. We have recently had several rake races which of course are cash only. The last time the golden ticket promo ran, It was for everybody so why not this time?
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    me personally they could do it for every format don`t know why  they never done it this time bit unfair imo for people don`t play cash.
  • edited August 2013
    I think its cash only so people try out the new software.
  • edited August 2013
    I think its cash only so people try out the new software.
    Posted by mkgunner
    That is part of it.
  • edited August 2013

There is always a reason........
  • edited August 2013
    very disappointing this excludes tournament players, i feel that there is very little out there promo wise for players who only play tournaments. Its about time sky offer tournament tickets in exchange for excess poker points.... 
    Posted by bolesAA
    Surprised you think that. In case you hadn't seen, we have:

- The Final Table Jackpot which has payed many thousands of pounds out
    - Several Freerolls every day
    - Tournaments can have overlay which is free value
    - UKOPS is coming again soon
    - SPT events all year round
    - The Syndicate Freeroll each week
    - The monthly Super Roller
    - Various MTT prizes given away on facebook and twitter
    - The upcoming Sky Poker Premiership
    - A good deal on Sky Poker reward points
    - etc...

MTT players probably get more than most to be fair.

And before someone mentions STT players :) ....

There is a big overlap between MTT and STT players, so many will have taken advantage of the above. We've also done promos for STT players too.

However,, as ever, if anyone has any ideas for promotions whether it be cash, tournaments or Sit & Gos feel free to feed them through to us.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    new software first, 7.5% rake, happy hours and now cash only golden tickets promo.

*Jumps up and down and stamps feet*

It's sooooo unfair lol
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : Surprised you think that. In case you hadn't seen, we have: - The Final Table Jackpot which has payed many thousands of pounds out - Several Freerolls every day - Tournaments can have overlay which is free value - UKOPS is coming again soon - SPT events all year round - The Syndicate Freeroll each week - The monthly Super Roller - Various MTT prizes given away on facebook and twitter - The upcoming Sky Poker Premiership - A good deal on Sky Poker reward points - etc... MTT players probably get more than most to be fair. And before someone mentions STT players :) .... There is a big overlap between MTT and STT players, so many will have taken advantage of the above. We've also done promos for STT players too. However,, as ever, if anyone has any ideas for promotions whether it be cash, tournaments or Sit & Gos feel free to feed them through to us. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    For SNG players:

The Final Table Jackpot                                             - N/A for SNG players
    Several Freerolls every day                                         - available to all
    Tournaments can have overlay which is free value         - N/A for SNG players
    UKOPS is coming again soon                                      - N/A for SNG players
    SPT events all year round                                          - N/A for SNG players
    The Syndicate Freeroll each week                               - available to all
    The monthly Super Roller                                          - N/A for SNG players
    Various MTT prizes given away on facebook and twitter - N/A for SNG players
    The upcoming Sky Poker Premiership                         - available to all

Not seeing all that much overlap!

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : For SNG players: The Final Table Jackpot                                             - N/A for SNG players Several Freerolls every day                                         - available to all Tournaments can have overlay which is free value         - N/A for SNG players UKOPS is coming again soon                                      - N/A for SNG players SPT events all year round                                          - N/A for SNG players The Syndicate Freeroll each week                               - available to all The monthly Super Roller                                          - N/A for SNG players Various MTT prizes given away on facebook and twitter - N/A for SNG players The upcoming Sky Poker Premiership                         - available to all Not seeing all that much overlap!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Think you misunderstand - what we are saying is that a lot of STT players also play MTTs too and so take part in these promotions and offers.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : Think you misunderstand - what we are saying is that a lot of STT players also play MTTs too and so take part in these promotions and offers.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Fair enough then all I'd ask is try not to forget about the lowly sng only players :)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : Fair enough then all I'd ask is try not to forget about the lowly sng only players :)
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Don't worry, we love you all!
  • edited August 2013
    Try not to think of yourself or anyone as just a cash player/mtt/stt. All games are open for everyone to use. If YOU CHOOSE to play STT then that's up to you. I'd take this opportunity to play a bit more cash and improve at the area of poker, while also collecting tickets and a chance of winning £500.

Funnily enough the last 2 days I've actually been playing cash again, I didn't even see this promo until this morning, so it's perfect timing for me :-)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : Don't worry, we love you all!
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    That include me?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : That include me?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Love would be a bit strong.

The best word would be - 'tolerate'  ;)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Golden Tickets returns... : Love would be a bit strong. The best word would be - 'tolerate'  ;)
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Orford told us to say that BTW*

* may not be true