You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Utterly embarrassing treatment by customer "care"

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
I have Decided to withdraw all my poker/sky bet funds due to the awful treatment i have received from customer care, Im not going to go into details over the siutuation, but basically, I was told that i would lose out due to a fault there end. The language they used was blunt, dismissive and uncooperative and made me feel like i was in the wrong!! it is a big shame as i have been a sky customer for years and i very much enjoy being part of the site, but at the same time i believe you need to have mutual respect between customer and supplier, and i simply feel that was lost today. I will still get involved with the forums and the poker clinic as and will continue to interact with the show. I hope in the future sky address the way they deal with customers in customer care as i feel 90% of people in my position would have had no choice but to do the same as me and leave. A big  Thanks to the fellow players as well as themods and presenters for all the friendly help and advice i have recieved over the years

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Utterly embarrassing treatment by customer "care":
    I have Decided to withdraw all my poker/sky bet funds due to the awful treatment i have received from customer care, Im not going to go into details over the siutuation, but basically, I was told that i would lose out due to a fault there end. The language they used was blunt, dismissive and uncooperative and made me feel like i was in the wrong!! it is a big shame as i have been a sky customer for years and i very much enjoy being part of the site, but at the same time i believe you need to have mutual respect between customer and supplier, and i simply feel that was lost today. I will still get involved with the forums and the poker clinic as and will continue to interact with the show. I hope in the future sky address the way they deal with customers in customer care as i feel 90% of people in my position would have had no choice but to do the same as me and leave. A big  Thanks to the fellow players as well as themods and presenters for all the friendly help and advice i have recieved over the years
    Posted by jordz16
    are you sure your not just over reacting take  it with a pinch of salt and keep winning
  • edited August 2013
    People can't (and on the whole, shouldn't) be swayed by purely anecdotal evidence.

If OP wants any support, credibility, or impact on spreading his message, more 'legitimate' evidence is required. Your entire thread is centred around a subjective experience of Customer Care treatment.
    (Currently using the information itt) There's no way to prove OPs descritpion is an accurate, unbiased and objective analysis of the events that occured.

How are we supposed to believe you, OP? How can we tell that your reaction is fair and void of a heated emotional PoV, rather than a calm collected and logical one?

Or more importantly, how can you believe yourself, if in fact you don't have a record of the conversation? (Not saying that you don't, but stating it just in case)
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by jordz16
    dont let them grind ur nut5 mate, its just some g1mp who dosnet give to hoots about you or any other sky customer, hes just doing his 9-5 and taking home his corn, if that means upsetting a few then im sure he dosent give a rats axx. ive allways found them helpfull but i no exactly the type of creature your on about. you get the odd one now and again but it shouldnt stop you from enjoying it on here.
  • edited August 2013
    good luck where ever you end up m8...
    ps smithalos ar u on medication? 
  • edited August 2013
    Hey Jordz,

Mate, why don't you send them in am email of complaint explaining the problems / issue you had and also how you were treated and spoken too.

They prob keep records of phone calls, a manager would be able to listen in and deal with it. Also, should be able to hopefully rectify whatever the initial problem was.

In my experience i've only dealt with them a couple of times, but they have been quite decent. All it takes is for one bad apple, i wouldn't let it put you off your enjoyment on sky. But i would take it further with Sky, eg a complaint and hopefully it can be sorted.

All the best with whatever you decide
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by jordz16
    Hi Jordz,

I am very sorry to hear you are not best pleased, & are moving on.

The Post by Larson was excellent, & I think his advice was spot on.  

I don't know ANY of the details, & don't want to, but there are always two sides to these things.

I'm pretty sure there will be a log, transcript or recording of the convo, so drop them a line, & see what they say. I do hope you get sorted satisfactorily & fairly.

The Customer Care Staff here are generally polite & business-like, so this all sounds a little unusual. It is a SB&G maxim to be respectful to ALL clients.

Unrelated to your specific issue, I happen to think that Customer Care must be one of THE nut worst, & difficult jobs to do.

Lets be honest, things do go wrong sometimes. Maybe there is an unscheduled outage, or site crash, & a Tourney gets stopped half way through. It is quite natural for everyone affected to be miffed, & the odd thing is we ALL think we would have won this Tourney. And so hundreds - literally - of players all bombard Customer Care within minutes, & some of them - perfectly understandably - get very angry indeed, & are often quite rude. Neither helps.

Last week, two acquaintances of mine had a problem with a bet on another site, not Sky Bet. It was a complicated situation, not straightforward at all. They were not immediately "settled" correctly, & so, 10 minutes after the event finished, they both rung Customer Care of the site in question.

I'll paraphrase what the two lads said, but it went like this.....

"....I had to shout until I was blue in the face, but the idiots still would not listen...."

"....I got really angry with the stupid jobsworth, he was clueless, why do they employ these dumb people?...."

And neither of them could grasp why the the "idiots" would not listen.......Customer Care staff are just regular folks, like you & me, going to work every day & doing their job.

This is NOT in any way connected to you, Jordz, but I just think that generally speaking, for all of us, a little understanding & tolerance of the incredibly difficult job Customer Care Staff have would help the Client & Staff get things resolved more quickly & efficiently.

• edited August 2013

As Larson says jordz just go through again and in a calm collective way explain your issues to a different CC agent, for all we know you may be asking for something that cannot be supplied.

My partner works for a company which gives away free pens to its customers, a customer rang in and worked his/her way up the pecking order until they where speaking to him regarding their free pen. The issue was they had it for 2 years and it had now run out of ink and they wanted a new one!!! The company stopped doing this promo a year back so it was not possible. The customer screamed and shouted and left with all their things and parted ways with the company? What where they going to do, change the rules for 1 person? This is quite an extreme example but it shows that certain things however simple in one persons mind cannot be done. Imagine if you was the very 1st agent who took the fist touch call, and no matter what you said the customer wouldn't accept your answer and you have someone screaming for your manager or CEO because they feel you are incompetent at your own job. The point is there is always two sides and hopefully with time and a second touch it can all be sorted!

Funny thing is they now give out free pens again!

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Utterly embarrassing treatment by customer "care":
    As Larson says jordz just go through again and in a calm collective way explain your issues to a different CC agent, for all we know you may be asking for something that cannot be supplied. My partner works for a company which gives away free pens to its customers, a customer rang in and worked his/her way up the pecking order until they where speaking to him regarding their free pen. The issue was they had it for 2 years and it had now run out of ink and they wanted a new one!!! The company stopped doing this promo a year back so it was not possible. The customer screamed and shouted and left with all their things and parted ways with the company? What where they going to do, change the rules for 1 person? This is quite an extreme example but it shows that certain things however simple in one persons mind cannot be done. Imagine if you was the very 1st agent who took the fist touch call, and no matter what you said the customer wouldn't accept your answer and you have someone screaming for your manager or CEO because they feel you are incompetent at your own job. The point is there is always two sides and hopefully with time and a second touch it can all be sorted! Funny thing is they now give out free pens again!
    Posted by Batkin88

Expect a call from Acegooner when he reads this.
  • edited August 2013
    I've lost the lead in my pencil

Sort it out Sky !!!
  • edited August 2013
    Fold pre. 

See you tomorrow :)
  • edited August 2013
    An anecdote re customer care who didn't do anything about a problem I had
    There was a maintenance break the other night. Any tournaments still running were paid out on positions based on chip stack. Two problems with this:
    1. what if the chipstacks are very close, but the payouts aren't
    2. it didn't stop on the hour. it stopped 5 mins before so we could have our restbreak which we needed like a hole in the head.

Smokingwel560201£103.60GELDY559802£61.60
    and why didn't CC help out. because I didn't call them. From their perspective everything would have happened according to the rule book, and there would be nothing they could do about it, regardless of how miffed I was about the situation. it's the rules that need to be changed (or not as the case may be), not a cc case to solve.

again, i'm not saying this is the problem you had jordz, just that sometimes the problem may not be in their remit to solve, no matter how upsetting it might be to the customer.

CC - nut worst job - hit the spot there tikay. 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Utterly embarrassing treatment by customer:
    People can't (and on the whole, shouldn't) be swayed by purely anecdotal evidence. If OP wants any support, credibility, or impact on spreading his message, more 'legitimate' evidence is required. Your entire thread is centred around a subjective experience of Customer Care treatment. (Currently using the information itt) There's no way to prove OPs descritpion is an accurate, unbiased and objective analysis of the events that occured. How are we supposed to believe you, OP? How can we tell that your reaction is fair and void of a heated emotional PoV, rather than a calm collected and logical one? Or more importantly, how can you believe yourself, if in fact you don't have a record of the conversation? (Not saying that you don't, but stating it just in case)
    Posted by Smitalos
    Couldn't have said it better myself.