You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was this a bad call???

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
this was a cash hand.
My opponent was fairly aggro and had a wide opening range. Both our starting stackes are 100 bb's deep
Preflop everyone has folded to the button. The button raises to £3, im in the small blind with A J and raise to £8.00 The Big blind folds & the button calls my raise. 
The flop comes down  K  3  A  Rainbow.
I put in a 3/4 pot sized bet hoping to get either value from maybe a weaker Ace or a fold. The button then shoves.
I mull it over for a few seconds thinking how many times am i going to be behind in this situation to a player who has been playing so many hands. In the end i call.
The button turns over K  3  for 2 pairs. The board runs out and neither of us improve & my opponent takes down a big pot. 
In the long run was this a correct call or not?????
Stuart

Comments

• edited August 2013

what hands do you think he will be shoving on a AK3r
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Was this a bad call???:
    what hands do you think he will be shoving on a AK3r
    Posted by SHANXTA

Not King Three lol!! giving him credit for hands like AK OR AQ very difficult as he was playing almost every hand!! i asume you would of folded then???
  • edited August 2013
    How aggresive/wide was his value betting post flop? I mean if you think he was capable of shoving any Ax here, maybe some Kx and bluffs then it's obviously a snap call but if he was playing less aggresive post flop then you can fold. It's not like there are any draws that he could be bluff shoving here.

All in all I think it's close but can't fault a call. It's probably the weakest hand I do call though. Also, against such a villain I'd consider making it slightly more pre-flop.