You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

destroyed by a donk

I don't get it, who is the stupid donker? The guy who moves all-in over your standard c-bet with 2nd nut flush draw, the guy who calls an all-in with two pair, or the guy who is complaining because they're expecting to win the hand calling off with two all-ins in front? You're never in front in this spot, yes maybe you think you've got diamonds to hit, but you've no right to win the pot given the action.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    well the chances are the guy with 65 might have reraised which then makes me jam but the fact is it didn't instead I suffer due to this greedy donker
    RICEONE Small blind  20.00 20.00 2530.00
    booz21 Big blind  40.00 60.00 1115.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • Q

craigcu12 Raise  120.00 180.00 2640.00
    Blaze1uk Fold     
    GB1 Call  120.00 300.00 1378.06
    VAMBO1967 Call  120.00 420.00 2503.88
    RICEONE Call  100.00 520.00 2430.00
    booz21 Call  80.00 600.00 1035.00
    Flop

• J

RICEONE Check     
    booz21 Check     
    craigcu12 Bet  450.00 1050.00 2190.00
    GB1 All-in  1378.06 2428.06 0.00
    VAMBO1967 Fold     
    RICEONE All-in  2430.00 4858.06 0.00
    booz21 Fold     
    craigcu12 All-in  2190.00 7048.06 0.00
    craigcu12 Unmatched bet  210.00 6838.06 210.00
    RICEONE Show

craigcu12 Show
    • J
    • Q

GB1 Show
    • K

Turn

• A

River

RICEONE Win Two Pairs, 6s and 5s 6838.06  6838.06
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: destroyed by a donk:
    I don't get it, who is the stupid donker? The guy who moves all-in over your standard c-bet with 2nd nut flush draw, the guy who calls an all-in with two pair, or the guy who is complaining because they're expecting to win the hand calling off with two all-ins in front? You're never in front in this spot, yes maybe you think you've got diamonds to hit, but you've no right to win the pot given the action.
    Posted by bbMike
    if i'm expecting them to have better hands right now then I surely will have the best flush draw.

besides if the flop came 10d 9d x and I cbet with the exact same play by the other two would I fold that no.
    that second shove could be anything it is a BH BTW lovely head prizes to some so maybe he did have 66 but goodness knows when heads are chased
    the simple fact is I had top pair decent kicker a flush draw.
  • edited August 2013
    I have no idea what you are saying and who is the donk here.
    No one donk bet into you.
  • edited August 2013
    I have no idea what you are saying and who is the donk here. No one donk bet into you.
    Posted by jonjo75
    well the reason I used donk was because I have never heard of a name for villain such as  the guy with k3 the 65 in the end was nh
  • edited August 2013
    If a pro does that you'll be shouting what a great play it was, if you do it you'll be bragging how you out played someone and got maximum value. At the end of the day it was just another poker hand with nothing donkish about it.

He didn't play it how your books told you he would, simples.
  • edited August 2013
    Opening post is pretty poor form IMO, although "stupid" has been edited & changed to "greedy" it's still wrong.
  • edited August 2013

in the end I don't know the name for villians like him so weather he would be maniac donk or simply a gambler in the end he cost me

• edited August 2013
    in the end I don't know the name for villians like him so weather he would be maniac donk or simply a gambler in the end he cost me
    Posted by craigcu12
    (sic)

Could just call them 'opponent'

• edited August 2013
    if i'm expecting them to have better hands right now then I surely will have the best flush draw. 
    Posted by craigcu12
    you only have the third best possible flush draw. fish gonna fish so nothing you can do preflop, they dont fold suited cards and they dont fold connected cards.

i know its easy to say in hindsight but after an all in and a re-ship, how good does third nut draw and top pair w. average kicker sound?

these guys are clowns, they dont fold, JA has you beat, 56, AXdd KXdd. J6ss/cc is possible too. 

You have to assume after two all ins from guys who (may or may not be) as experienced as you can NEVER be stone cold bluffing here, think you can find a fold.

Id have put one on a bigger flush draw and one on a set if I was in your shoes. 

Just my 0.02, i'm no expert either, just think these hands are pretty interesting to think about.
  • edited August 2013
    Post flop this is soo painfully standard, why all the fuss?