You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timebank

edited December 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
I mentioned theis during the beta testing as I think multitabling, even with the new software, would be helped if there was a timebank that could be used.

I know it wont matter to some but when playing on multiple tables you could have a few decisions and I would like the option to hit the timebank. 

Comments

• edited August 2013
    plzzzz dont sky this will just make the game even slower than it already is.it is bad enough being on a table with players using all of they,re time to fold as it is and could u imagine timed tournaments with this feature?..if u want too multi table fair enough but u should also be fast enough! either that play less tables!:@)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Timebank:
    plzzzz dont sky this will just make the game even slower than it already is.it is bad enough being on a table with players using all of they,re time to fold as it is and could u imagine timed tournaments with this feature?..if u want too multi table fair enough but u should also be fast enough! either that play less tables!:@)
    Posted by churchy18
    I have played on 1 or 2 other sites and Sky is by far the quickest for completing MTTs and Sit and Gos. Some decisions are crucial to a tourney and the availabilty of a time bank in those situations would be very welcome. And bear in mind once a player has used all their timebank then that's it. I'm not talking of an unlimited clock here but maybe 1 minute or 90 seconds. I honestly can't see it adding hugely to the time it takes to complete a tournament.
  • edited August 2013

This is one of the features which we may add to this new product in the near future.

However, it does need some thought because there are (as you can see above) differences of opinion. Some like it, others do not.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    +1 to the addition of timebanks. This is certainly the one thing the new software lacks. An additional 10 second timebank will be ample and will not slow the game down too much.
  • edited August 2013
    I have only played on SKY so i dont really understand timebanks so if this is a stoopid post then pls ignore..

Timebanks would be really useful to me personnally. I am usually quick at making a decision but multi tabling can lead to some tricky hands being played out at the same time. 

Timebanks should only be used if earnt by playing quickly in previous hands. So if you let the timer go down every hand you dont have the timebank to fall back on. I'm pretty sure this is how it works but i am just saying.

I dont feel it will slow it down too much.
  • edited August 2013
    Hi DrSharp,

Thanks for your feedback regarding Timebanks. How are you finding the new software? Yes, you're basically right with how the Timebanks would work, that is an interesting proposition you have put forward about Timebanks having to be 'earned'. As Mr Sky Poker himself has stated, this is something that we may add in the near future so look out for that.

Enjoy your poker!
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by churchy18
    Unless you're talking about the bubble situations in a tournament, it's extremely rare to see players using up all of their time on every decision. Nobody likes the game played at a slow pace any more than the next person.

Adding time banks will not make the game noticably slower, as it's not like you'll be able to use the timebank all the time. It will only be maybe once or twice.

If you find that the games are going too slow for you I suggest you try out multi-tabling. If you have 2 tables running at once (or more), you will be a lot less peeved off at someone taking up a lot of time because you won't notice it. 
  • edited August 2013
    dont like idea of timebank, if anything reduce time on decisions
  • edited August 2013
    Keep the feedback coming guys, all good stuff!
  • edited August 2013
    dont like idea of timebank, if anything reduce time on decisions
    Posted by ajs4385
    Please do not reduce the time on decisions.
  • edited December 2013
    I have only played on SKY so i dont really understand timebanks so if this is a stoopid post then pls ignore.. Timebanks would be really useful to me personnally. I am usually quick at making a decision but multi tabling can lead to some tricky hands being played out at the same time.  Timebanks should only be used if earnt by playing quickly in previous hands. So if you let the timer go down every hand you dont have the timebank to fall back on. I'm pretty sure this is how it works but i am just saying. I dont feel it will slow it down too much.
    Posted by DrSharp
     This is an awesome idea, never thought of doing it this way. This would also reduce time wasting..