You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RNG- It just gives you the rope,

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Lots of people (when losing) think online poker is fixed, now the simple fact is in poker for a player to win another player has to lose. Everyone cannot win its just a fact.

Now, does RNG give you the rope, its then up to you wether or not you hang yourself? I have noticed (tin foil helmets at the ready) if I play low pairs, K+weak kicker/anything suited I seem to get a lot of these hands dealt to me. These hands will then lose a lot of the time.

So a paranoid poker player could ask, Does the software learn our play styles and deliberately deal us the hands it knows we will play? Also knowing we will be a losing player?

Comments

• edited August 2013
    You get dealt these kind of hands more often because statistically you would get these sort of hands more often. Obvioulsy there are more bad hands than good ones so odds of getting dealt a bad/marginal starting hand are better. To then play a bad hand and lose money more often than not isn't really a suprise is it?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to RNG- It just gives you the rope,:
    Lots of people (when losing) think online poker is fixed, now the simple fact is in poker for a player to win another player has to lose. Everyone cannot win its just a fact. Now, does RNG give you the rope, its then up to you wether or not you hang yourself? I have noticed (tin foil helmets at the ready) if I play low pairs, K+weak kicker/anything suited I seem to get a lot of these hands dealt to me. These hands will then lose a lot of the time. So a paranoid poker player could ask, Does the software learn our play styles and deliberately deal us the hands it knows we will play? Also knowing we will be a losing player?
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    That's like 50% + of starting hands, it wouldn't need to manipulate the deal you're getting a playable hand ever other hand as it is.

Tighten up. (unless you're a kidwizz esque, post flop wizard)
  • edited August 2013
    I know that there are far more marginal hands than good hands. I was hoping the "online poker is rigged" brigade would answer in here.

Then maybe they would see they are playing more poor/weak hands than they really should be and perhaps practice only playing strong hands to see if that helps them. If you want to play on Skypoker then you need to realise good players see it as a "soft" site.

So you need to play tighter on here to win than you would on the big sites with a thousand times the traffic that Sky gets.

For me, I'm not disciplined enough to win on Skypoker so it gets about £10 a month off me (well £5 so far this month) I do better on another site but it has far bigger numbers which means I will have more tables where I am the better player. Often on Sky I'm one of the weaker/middle players.

I know this so don't risk much on Sky.
  • edited August 2013
    That RNG And i Always have abit of fun with each other,I'ts still trying to work me out,:):):)DO AS I DO MESS WITH ITS HEAD :):):)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: RNG- It just gives you the rope,:
    ,:):):)DO AS I DO MESS WITH ITS HEAD :):):)
    Posted by paige55
    Are you still Talking about the RNG  :0) lol
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to RNG- It just gives you the rope,:
    Lots of people (when losing) think online poker is fixed, now the simple fact is in poker for a player to win another player has to lose. Everyone cannot win its just a fact. Now, does RNG give you the rope, its then up to you wether or not you hang yourself? I have noticed (tin foil helmets at the ready) if I play low pairs, K+weak kicker/anything suited I seem to get a lot of these hands dealt to me. These hands will then lose a lot of the time. So a paranoid poker player could ask, Does the software learn our play styles and deliberately deal us the hands it knows we will play? Also knowing we will be a losing player?
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    No, its random.

Thread closed.