You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why move to playing Cash

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi All

Just a quick question. I have been reading for ages now all the Diarys on the Forum. Nearly everytime people build up there BR they try and move to cash.

Why would you move to cash if you are winning alot at MTTs and Sit and goes. Is it because variance is lower or is it a more regular way to win. 

Just Curious hope i make sense.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Its different for everyone but there are a lot of reasons I think.

You can go a few months without a decent score in an MTT and everyone likes to win so a decent cash player can have many more winning nights than an MTT player.

You can express yourself more in cash as you can rebuy or top up at any time, play how many or as little hands as you want without worrying about your stack.

More flexible playing times, you can chose when and for how long you want to play. How many times have we sat down to play a few MTT's only to bust early!

Multitabling. Far easier to multi table as they are always cash games going on and you dont have to wait for your chosen tournament to start.

• edited August 2013
    Varience is lower in cash if you get a bad beat you can just reload and carry on playing if you play a toruny for 3 hours and go out around the bubble on a bad beat you have play all the way through another toruny to recoup the money. If you have an edge against your opponant it is alot easier to get all their money playing cash. Also because cash is played from a deep stack there is more play through the streets so it gives the good players more chance to apply pressure or milk a good hand.
  • edited August 2013
    Its where the money is.
  • edited August 2013
    Well from my point of view... when I come in at like 12/1 o clock I dont want to sit down and commit hours to playing a mtt. Cash allows me to play for however long I want with the possibility of winning larger sums than I would do if I played some hu games.

I do prefer mtts but sometimes its just not a good idea to sit down knowing you arent going to play to well in the later stages when you start to feel tired... plus the idea of winning £100 or more in one pot is quite a rush. Cash is more enjoyable than grinding hu.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks all for the reply. I have been thinking about trying cash a little as my BR has increased over the last month or 2 but has took a hit in the last 2 days and was going to try something new.