You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker points...why

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
What's the point of all the poker points that we earn what can we do with them.I understand about sky poker rewards and I actually find that quite a generous rewards scheme I would rather have cash for all the hours I play rather than saving up the points and getting a baseball cap or a t shirt like other sites but I cant understand getting points.At the last count I see I have 1300 points to my name and all I can use them for is to enter a 20 player points freeroll where for about 3 hours of play I might end up winning a fiver and that is if I win the tourney.Wouldn't it be better to have 1 big tourney of say 500 points once a week with a pot of £500 with £100 going to the winner now that would be worth playing for rather than just getting more and more points and having nowhere to use them.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    so you want sky to donate £500 a week for nothing just so you can use your points i cant see that this will ever happen your talking 2k in 1 month and thatsa 4 week month thats 24k a year so you can use your points  :) there good to there players but not that good
  • edited August 2013
    I'm sure sky make enough out of us anyway they do 4 £20 freerolls a day that's £80 a day times 7 that's £560 a week so 1 £500 a week freeroll they would actually be saving £60 a week.I hope your play isn't based on maths and nothing else
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: poker points...why:
    I'm sure sky make enough out of us anyway they do 4 £20 freerolls a day that's £80 a day times 7 that's £560 a week so 1 £500 a week freeroll they would actually be saving £60 a week.I hope your play isn't based on maths and nothing else
    Posted by subzero1
    not everyone has thousandsof points on this site howwould this bennifit them if you take away the 10 points freeroll and replace it with a £500  it will only bennifit some players not all
  • edited August 2013
    No I no not everyone has thousands of points but you cant please all players all of the time its standard on all sites that the more you play the bigger the rewards are.and surely it would benefit sky to have 1 big point game because it would encourage people to play more to gain the points
  • edited August 2013
    agree with the op i have over 33000 points which are more or less useless to me unless i want to win a fiver in a shove fest .
  • edited August 2013
    Aggree with Sub zeros point get rid of some of the stupid 20 quid FRs (Keep a few) but even once a month have even a 500 or 1000 FR for 500 points. Alot of low stakes players would try and hit this mark to get entry.
  • edited August 2013
    Aggree with Sub zeros point get rid of some of the stupid 20 quid FRs (Keep a few) but even once a month have even a 500 or 1000 FR for 500 points. Alot of low stakes players would try and hit this mark to get entry.
    Posted by stuarty117
    then you will have all the tight a55''s going mad cos theres no free rolls for them to play every day. the whinging and tightness with money is terrible on here from some.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to poker points...why:
    What's the point of all the poker points that we earn what can we do with them.I understand about sky poker rewards and I actually find that quite a generous rewards scheme I would rather have cash for all the hours I play rather than saving up the points and getting a baseball cap or a t shirt like other sites but I cant understand getting points.At the last count I see I have 1300 points to my name and all I can use them for is to enter a 20 player points freeroll where for about 3 hours of play I might end up winning a fiver and that is if I win the tourney.Wouldn't it be better to have 1 big tourney of say 500 points once a week with a pot of £500 with £100 going to the winner now that would be worth playing for rather than just getting more and more points and having nowhere to use them.
    Posted by subzero1
    +1
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: poker points...why : then you will have all the tight a55''s going mad cos theres no free rolls for them to play every day. the whinging and tightness with money is terrible on here from some.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    But Rock even if they cancel one of the 20 quid ones a day (I think there is 4 or 5 a day at the min )that would free up £600 a month.

Then you could even have one £500 or two £250s sky would be £100 up lol.

PS bring back the £100 FR at 7 instead of the 10 seats to the BH. This was great in the past 50 points entry.  
  • edited August 2013
    i thought the whole idear of the points was that you got some rake back from that not to put extra rake into a freeroll which would you prefer rake  back scheme or a freeroll scheme oh you want both ?
  • edited August 2013
    i thought the whole idear of the points was that you got some rake back from that not to put extra rake into a freeroll which would you prefer rake  back scheme or a freeroll scheme oh you want both ?
    Posted by ALANSK100
    Sky will always do both just think they could be better and make people play more so they can enter bigger FRs
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: poker points...why : Sky will always do both just think they could be better and make people play more so they can enter bigger FRs
    Posted by stuarty117
    I do admit they are pants and a  bigger one would be great just dont think your thinking for all players and members there are already sevral differant promotions that are run based on points perhaps once  rake is recieved each month your points could be  set to zero as you in theroy have been paid for those  that way you wont have so many just doing nothing or would this not be acceptable in your eyes ? i am just curios what makes you think people would want to spend more just to make points for 1 freeroll ?
  • edited August 2013
    i agree i have over 20k in poker points  but i dnt play freerolls 

why cant we have a monthly mtt  costs 1k in points and winner wins a seat into the spt or summit gives the new players something to aim for aswell :) 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: poker points...why : I do admit they are pants and a  bigger one would be great just dont think your thinking for all players and members there are already sevral differant promotions that are run based on points perhaps once  rake is recieved each month your points could be  set to zero as you in theroy have been paid for those  that way you wont have so many just doing nothing or would this not be acceptable in your eyes ? i am just curios what makes you think people would want to spend more just to make points for 1 freeroll ?
    Posted by ALANSK100
    Sky would not be losing out if they cancel say the 6.45am FR and change the 7 oclock pm one back to a normal £100 FR.

When sky ran the Big FR Promo 5k FR when you had to get 2000 points in one month i bet a lot of people played extra to get. 
  • edited August 2013
    Also someone to try and do a GaryQQQ would nearly be impossible now.
  • edited August 2013
     Simple point that everyone seems to be missing on this thread.

The main client base on this site is the recreational player. The ones who put a bit in play for a while and then go back to their normal lives. They do not put the high level grinding to attain these sorts of points that you are talking about.

But they do have enough to play in these little free rolls on offer. Ok the rewards arent great in them but they can have some fun and win some free money.

To start to remove these and replace them with freerolls for the grinders and higher level players is to take away from your main client base and favour the minority.  Just from a fundamental business point of view this makes little sense. The way the site has grown is by the recreational player and these are the ones that need to be nurtured to keep the site going.

The needs of the many outway the needs of the few.
  • edited August 2013
    I raised this point before, and told sky about this too.

I feel that they should do a timed mtt freeroll costing say 500/1000 points every month. so everyone playing could win something as it would be a timed game.

Also sky would not lose much if anything as you need to play to earn points, so this could bring in more revenue LONG TERM.  Or they could start everyone with nil points and go from there i guess, but something needs to be done.

Sky did bring in the sats into the mini and the 2k bounty hunter, and both seem to be getting the numbers (but rebuys cost money when it should be points too).

Help us out sky, millions of poker points UN-USED, let the customer/player spend them.

GL at the tables.
  • edited August 2013
     Simple point that everyone seems to be missing on this thread.   The main client base on this site is the recreational player. The ones who put a bit in play for a while and then go back to their normal lives. They do not put the high level grinding to attain these sorts of points that you are talking about.   But they do have enough to play in these little free rolls on offer. Ok the rewards arent great in them but they can have some fun and win some free money.   To start to remove these and replace them with freerolls for the grinders and higher level players is to take away from your main client base and favour the minority.  Just from a fundamental business point of view this makes little sense. The way the site has grown is by the recreational player and these are the ones that need to be nurtured to keep the site going.   The needs of the many outway the needs of the few.
    Posted by Talon
    Good Post Talon, as usual!!

.....so change nothing on the smaller FR, seems fair, but how about Once a Quarter a 10,000+ & 1,000+ pont freeroll for the Long-term regulars!!

I bet a 10,000+ One would be of Massive interest to Forum & site as whole, with all the longterm MTT & cash players, playing for bragging rites!!

I have 36,000 unused points, have player prob 2 freerolls in 4 years on site if bored or just to see how to spend em, waste of time these are to me!

So as Kalie batkin in OP suggested, maybe Sky could put something together for The loyal customers to spend some of these!!

how about at Next UKOPS festival, a 1000, 10,000 & 25k pts freeroll!!

....have sky anything to lose, little bit of prize money, maybe?.....OR..

.........wow thinking cap on.......how about a Team Sky MTT tournie, winner gets Team Sky Spot!!

has any other site given a site-sponsored live Tournie entry to a freeroll winner

...............WHAT DO POINTS MEAN.....??????

I challenge Sky to find a suitable & promotional way for US TO SPEND THEIR  'PROMO POINTS'!!!

GL!!
  • edited August 2013
    Most if not all of the points freerolls here at sky poker have rebuy and add-ons so are self financing.
    They don't actually cost Sky Poker a penny!!! 
    Just a con to draw losing player in?
  • edited August 2013
    Don't know how long it takes to get 20/30k in points. donk has 20k hitman 36k in 4years.
    So you have a free roll for 10/20/ or 25k even if you left it 3 months the runners will slowly
    go down to none, but agree with all that somthing should be done to use them.