You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Spin-up thread...

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat

Inspired by IDCU's thread (did we really say that? - lol)

Post your best spin-ups here...

Comments

• edited August 2013
    $10 to $1.5k in <48hrs, from a VPP Stellar $10 reward. (Y)
  • edited August 2013
    ok i start i span up £50 into 3.5k in the space of 6 months    aint got that anymore tho lol
  • edited August 2013
    6 days after going bust played a free roll and came 2nd for £7.20, cant do much with £7.20 cos i dont have patience so played a sat for £3.60 which i won so gained entry into a £33.00 1k gtd event which i went onto win for £500, the very same night took a shot at the sky roller (rip) £110 - 5k gtd and i went onto win that for £1800, ive never looked back since!!! 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Spin-up thread...:
    6 days after going bust played a free roll and came 2nd for £7.20, cant do much with £7.20 cos i dont have patience so played a sat for £3.60 which i won so gained entry into a £33.00 1k gtd event which i went onto win for £500, the very same night took a shot at the sky roller (rip) £110 - 5k gtd and i went onto win that for £1800, ive never looked back since!!! 
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Now that is a good spin up!
    Excellent bankroll management with the roller too, lol
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Spin-up thread... : Now that is a good spin up! Excellent bankroll management with the roller too, lol
    Posted by Jac35
    The rock doesn't muck about!
  • edited August 2013
    $20 to 2.5k 

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Spin-up thread... : Now that is a good spin up! Excellent bankroll management with the roller too, lol
    Posted by Jac35
    not something id reccomend doing but someone up there liked me that day and it should have taught me a lesson about brm but it hasnt to be honest. i admire guys like garyqqq who can grind a bankroll up but its not something i could do, lifes to short.
  • edited August 2013
    $215 into $14k , but not really an out and out spin up I had no money on this site and specifically deposited it for this MTT. Other than that I have dep £50-£100 a fair amount of times and turned it into £1000+

A spin down thread would be very interesting!
  • edited August 2013
    Not so much a spin up, more a 'get out of it'
    Years ago I was off to Ibiza for a week. The week before I went I was off work and played poker every night live. I was down about 450, which was my holiday money. Stupidly I sat at a cash game the night before I went with pretty much my last £200.
    First hand I got KK. 3bet pre and got 2 callers. K high flop all spades. Panicked and went all in. 2 callers, aargh. Both had flopped the flush. Board paired on river and I snap left the game. The only time I can ever  remember banging a table and fist pumping'

Hit and run ftw! Didn't feel in the slightest bit guilty as the straightness of those self deal cash games at Gala at the time was questionable.
  • edited August 2013
    Not so much a spin up, more a 'get out of it' Years ago I was off to Ibiza for a week. The week before I went I was off work and played poker every night live. I was down about 450, which was my holiday money. Stupidly I sat at a cash game the night before I went with pretty much my last £200. First hand I got KK. 3bet pre and got 2 callers. K high flop all spades. Panicked and went all in. 2 callers, aargh. Both had flopped the flush. Board paired on river and I snap left the game. The only time I can ever  remember banging a table and fist pumping' Hit and run ftw! Didn't feel in the slightest bit guilty as the straightness of those self deal cash games at Gala at the time was questionable.
    Posted by Jac35
    So you was dealing right?
  • edited August 2013
    Haha, I bet there was 'a delay' before the river card came out!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Spin-up thread... : So you was dealing right?
    Posted by MattBates
    Oops!
    Rumbled