You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

password tournaments

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat

Why don't sky let there players/customers know how to obtain passwords for tournaments. I have looked on a couple but see no criteria to meet or information as to why we cant play. Maybe I have just not managed to find the right link that explains it but when looking on the forum which I assumed was a page to help each other I just read people making un helpful quips.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    This has been brought up over and over again.
    These are private tourneys ,maybe for people who played sky bingo or placed a certain amount of bets on sky bet who knows but if you are eligable to play them you would have been invited.
    What is hard to understand about that?
    Last night there was probably hundreds of parties going on within a 50 mile radius of where i live. I didn't get invited to one :(. Its just not fair ( stamping my foot down and crossing my arms like a 2 year old)
  • edited August 2013

I don't mind if sky want to give specific tournaments to other branches of the company or to specific people only. I just thought that they would be able to explain who was entitled to enter. I don't want to be told any passwords but I would like the opportunity to earn them. 

• edited August 2013
    If anybody has a question I am more than happy to give a sensible answer to try and help but when the same question gets asked over and over again but people are not willing to accept the answer that has been given in a number of threads (which trybetter has said he has read), then I might give a different kind of answer. ( which is still the right answer).
  • edited August 2013
    jonjo i do understand where ur coming from but it so annoying we u playing freerols and then all u see is private tourments, and there is no freerols passed 7pm. useded to have the £50 freerols where u could get decent cash, but i have to say sky did very well with the prem freerols there are running. 
  • edited August 2013
    does anyone know the password for the communityshield freeroll
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: password tournaments:
    does anyone know the password for the communityshield freeroll
    Posted by jones01314
    Funny guy lol   only the lonely 
  • edited August 2013
    THE PASWORD IS ....... on the internet
  • edited August 2013
    This has been brought up over and over again. These are private tourneys ,maybe for people who played sky bingo or placed a certain amount of bets on sky bet who knows but if you are eligable to play them you would have been invited. What is hard to understand about that? Last night there was probably hundreds of parties going on within a 50 mile radius of where i live. I didn't get invited to one :(. Its just not fair ( stamping my foot down and crossing my arms like a 2 year old)
    Posted by jonjo75

Why is it brought up over and over again?
    Simples, sky refuse to admit it's a problem. 
    These freeroll appear in the lobby but if we try to enter all we get is this tournament is private / password protected. 
    That really infuriates people because there is no explanation of who might be eligible to play.
    The solution.
    Give the information of who is eligible, something like, freeroll for players who deposited a million pounds with sky bingo!! 

Do we have a 
    Sky community or Sky secret service.

• edited August 2013
    I don't play sky bingo, i don't play sky vagas, i don't bet on sky bet. But i do play sky poker, but have never had an invite,
    is that why, just wondering..
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: password tournaments : Why is it brought up over and over again? Simples, sky refuse to admit it's a problem.  These freeroll appear in the lobby but if we try to enter all we get is this tournament is private / password protected.  That really infuriates people because there is no explanation of who might be eligible to play. The solution. Give the information of who is eligible, something like, freeroll for players who deposited a million pounds with sky bingo!!  Do we have a  Sky community or Sky secret service.
    Posted by Rich_Poor

Perhaps someone doesnt want anyone to know they have deposited a million pounds on SKY bingo.
    I think thats the point.
    Why do people feel they have the right to know?
  • edited August 2013
    Because people might think that effectively it's their rake that is paying for these freerolls?
  • edited August 2013
    Because people might think that effectively it's their rake that is paying for these freerolls?
    Posted by FCHD
    Please tell me you are not serious.
  • edited August 2013

Maybe to balance it out all the sky poker players could have a free bingo tournament.

• edited August 2013
    the rake the rake is a site jst google
  • edited August 2013
    I think trybetter raises a perfectly valid point. These password protected freerolls are becomming more common on Sky and seem like good value. I don't think it will do much harm for Sky to explain the eligibility criteria of these freerolls, as I'm intrigued to find out how people get invited. That said, however - there could be legal implications if it is based on player activity or spend etc.. but I'm no expert on that.

Keep it civil people.
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by FCHD
    So by this reasoning I have the right to know what the guy who owns my local Londis is spending the profit he gets from me on.
    If its a new BMW then I should get free rides in it to work because its partly from my money.

Yes its that ridiculous!!!
  • edited August 2013
    I think trybetter raises a perfectly valid point. These password protected freerolls are becomming more common on Sky and seem like good value. I don't think it will do much harm for Sky to explain the eligibility criteria of these freerolls, as I'm intrigued to find out how people get invited. That said, however - there could be legal implications if it is based on player activity or spend etc.. but I'm no expert on that. Keep it civil people.
    Posted by Funky17

• edited August 2013

Good morning.

The Business is aware of this thread, & the concerns many voice, & where possible, will try to communicate as well as able to eligible players.

However, as Mr Funky perceptively noted, it is not always possible so to do. In business, some matters have to remain confidential, & with good reason.

Freerolls are run for a wide variety of reasons. It can be a "thank you", a prize, a tease to entice "lapsed" players to start playing again, part of a Promotion in another part of the Business (Bingo, Bet, Vegas, Sky Sports), a Social-Media (Twitter, Facebook) promotion, a Partnership or affiliate arrangement (such as RtR), or any number of other reasons. Those who are eligible or qualified will be made aware, or receive an invite.

Meanwhile, there are daily Freerolls on Sky Poker, open to all, as well as the regular promotional freerolls, some of which can be found on the Promotions page, such as THIS

The Sky Poker Premiership is now under way, too. I don't know the total Freeroll value of this, but it must be in excess of £10,000. Details are HERE

Relative to its size, I think Sky Poker spend more on Freerolls than any other comparable Online Poker Site, & hopefully this will continue, alongside all the other Promotions & USP's such as the TV Channel.

The central thrust of the thread seems to be that everyone has the right to know how Sky Poker allocate their Marketing & Promotional spend. Whatever form of words are used to wrap that reply up, the reality is that is not the case. 

I hope this helps, but am happy to try & answer further questions if need be.

See you all very soon in the Sky Poker Premiership, I hope. 

Psst - Green Team are gonna win.

• edited August 2013
    hope im on Team Green then
  • edited August 2013
    this doesnt really answer anything-but the passwords can be found on various facebook pages within about 30 seconds of looking... just use your gumption :)
  • edited August 2013
    After seeing alot of posts on here regarding passwords, i thought i would have my say lol.

These freerolls in question are capped to 1000 runners, last nights had just over 800 runners, so even if password was passed on to others the cap on players never reached (so the payout remains same) whether there was 100 or 1000 runners.

There is a flaw in these and that is there is a password to enter, with facebook/twitter/other poker sites, there will allways be a chance that a password will be passed on to others, as it only needs the password to be leaked then BOOM you have alot more intended runners then there should be.

The only way SKY can work around this is to pre-reg all those that are eligible to said freeroll's,  so then there is NO passwords and all players that are ment to play will play (even if they didn't play they would just be AWAY from table and lose there chips anyway).

Sky should sort this out and i'm sure this will be resolved in the near future, but untill then not anyones fault if information is leaked.

Gl all at the tables. 

p.s TIKAY please can you let powers to be put me into TEAM GREEN :-)
  • edited August 2013
    is everyone still waiting for there colours as i havent had mine yet ??
  • edited August 2013
    is everyone still waiting for there colours as i havent had mine yet ??
    Posted by ALANSK100

You will be notified by email and/or SMS of which team you are in on *26th August*,
  • edited August 2013
    Good morning. The Business is aware of this thread, & the concerns many voice, & where possible, will try to communicate as well as able to eligible players.   However, as Mr Funky perceptively noted, it is not always possible so to do. In business, some matters have to remain confidential, & with good reason. Freerolls are run for a wide variety of reasons. It can be a "thank you", a prize, a tease to entice "lapsed" players to start playing again, part of a Promotion in another part of the Business (Bingo, Bet, Vegas, Sky Sports), a Social-Media (Twitter, Facebook) promotion, a Partnership or affiliate arrangement (such as RtR), or any number of other reasons. Those who are eligible or qualified will be made aware, or receive an invite. Meanwhile, there are daily Freerolls on Sky Poker, open to all, as well as the regular promotional freerolls, some of which can be found on the Promotions page, such as THIS The Sky Poker Premiership is now under way, too. I don't know the total Freeroll value of this, but it must be in excess of £10,000. Details are HERE Relative to its size, I think Sky Poker spend more on Freerolls than any other comparable Online Poker Site, & hopefully this will continue, alongside all the other Promotions & USP's such as the TV Channel. The central thrust of the thread seems to be that everyone has the right to know how Sky Poker allocate their Marketing & Promotional spend. Whatever form of words are used to wrap that reply up, the reality is that is not the case.  I hope this helps, but am happy to try & answer further questions if need be.   See you all very soon in the Sky Poker Premiership, I hope.  Psst - Green Team are gonna win.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    As I'll be away on holiday at the time I won't be able to take part but I'll be rooting for you all the way. It would be nice to see the greens winning something. Good luck, Tikay.