You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sitting out

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
why can't there be a time limit on players who are sitting out,  example: once late reg is over the seat should be vacated, as these players just get in the way.  last night for instance, playing the timed freeroll at 6.30pm, I had 3 players not at my table, thus making it harder to win chips.  anyone agree, feedback would be appreciated

Comments

• edited August 2013
    2 points to make to this.

Firstly if a player is sat out you raise their blinds and steal from them. Easy chips and no risk. Doesnt get any better than that.

Secondly. If someone has entered a tournament then they have paid their entry whether in terms of cash or points. They have a right to be in that tournament. So basically what gives you the right to say they cant be there just because you dont like it. They have the same right to be sat at the table that you have. Are you going to ask for players to be removed from the tournament if they raise too much or limp too much because you dont like them either.

Simply put sat out players are good for the others in the tournament because they are easy chips and make it easier to run a lot deeper. Also any calls for them to be removed for being sat out show a high level of arrogance. It says that you believe your entry fee is more important than theirs just because you are sat at the table.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: sitting out:
    2 points to make to this.  Firstly if a player is sat out you raise their blinds and steal from them. Easy chips and no risk. Doesnt get any better than that.  Secondly. If someone has entered a tournament then they have paid their entry whether in terms of cash or points. They have a right to be in that tournament. So basically what gives you the right to say they cant be there just because you dont like it. They have the same right to be sat at the table that you have. Are you going to ask for players to be removed from the tournament if they raise too much or limp too much because you dont like them either.  Simply put sat out players are good for the others in the tournament because they are easy chips and make it easier to run a lot deeper. Also any calls for them to be removed for being sat out show a high level of arrogance. It says that you believe your entry fee is more important than theirs just because you are sat at the table.
    Posted by Talon

Excellent post sir, you put it way better than i could have.

But the amount of times i have seen an away player win v active player is comical!!!
  • edited August 2013
    just finished playing £500 timed freeroll, 3 players at my table were sat out throughout the game, but yet they cashed. how many more tables did this occur on. backing up my point of earlier today about players sitting out should have a certain time period to play or be folded permantly from the tournament, as these players have just taken money (however large or small) from other players who just spent an hour trying there best to win money
  • edited August 2013
    But they paid their entry??? This has no logic
  • edited August 2013
    Ok have given this a lot of thought and realised that your entire arguement is flawed because of lack of perspective on your part.

Using your arguement as stated means that you would demand that Phil Helmuth be kicked out of the wsop main event every year because he always turns up late for the start of the tournament.

If we leave the concept of poker behind for one second and just concentrate on the legal aspect of this. The person entering the tournament and the the site/provider of the tournament have entered into a legal contract. The site/provider has to honour its end of the contract which is to allow the person to be in the tournament until such time as they are unable to continue. Failure for the provider to allow this would put them in breach of contract and subject to lawsuits. The contract entered into does not however state any demands on the player to actually play the tournament in any way at all just to pay the required entry fee.

So now we see that your entire arguement is that this site should be forced to face multiple legal battles just because you do not like something.
  • edited August 2013
    2 points to make to this.  Firstly if a player is sat out you raise their blinds and steal from them. Easy chips and no risk. Doesnt get any better than that. 

Also any calls for them to be removed for being sat out show a high level of arrogance. It says that you believe your entry fee is more important than theirs just because you are sat at the table.
    Posted by Talon

2 Points that are complete nonsense.

Depending on your position you could easily steal from them, if you are in some positions relative to the people sat out, it will be no benefit whatsoever, So you will not have a level playing field.

Arrogance? What a load of rubbish. A field of players away totally ruins the dynamic of the game with regard to positions around the table.

Something needs to be done about this.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: sitting out : 2 Points that are complete nonsense. Depending on your position you could easily steal from them, if you are in some positions relative to the people sat out, it will be no benefit whatsoever, So you will not have a level playing field. Arrogance? What a load of rubbish. A field of players away totally ruins the dynamic of the game with regard to positions around the table. Something needs to be done about this.
    Posted by calcalfold
    thank you all for your feedback  (especially talon), are you a lawyer talon? think I opened a hornets nest with that question
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: sitting out : 2 Points that are complete nonsense. Depending on your position you could easily steal from them, if you are in some positions relative to the people sat out, it will be no benefit whatsoever, So you will not have a level playing field. Arrogance? What a load of rubbish. A field of players away totally ruins the dynamic of the game with regard to positions around the table. Something needs to be done about this.
    Posted by calcalfold
    It changes the dynamic of the game yes, the key to being a good player is being able to adapt to different situations. I am really surprised people are complaining about having people sitting out on their tables and I couldn't disagree any more than something needs to be done about it.

Once again Talon nailed it with his points