You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

now what???

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
notes on player say hes a fish but cant seem to really remember playing him before?? oldest trick in the book by a fish to limp re raise AA but KK still a difficult fold pre flop, thoughts????
random429Small blind 15.0015.002385.00
bar4004Big blind 30.0045.001990.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

xxxxxCall 30.0075.003660.00
raymon1975Fold    
THEROCK573Raise 120.00195.001760.00
Azza811Fold    
random429Fold    
bar4004Fold    
xxxxxxRaise 450.00645.003210.00

Comments

• edited August 2013

Oldest trick in the book but we never get away from it.

In it goes.

• edited August 2013

Would have thought you'd know better to post a question like this! Maybe you did run into AA, but you need absolute concrete reads to ever fold KK less than 100bb deep. And by concrete; I mean you've played with the player a lot and have only seen him re-raise big pre-flop with aces.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: now what???:
    Would have thought you'd know better to post a question like this! Maybe you did run into AA, but you need absolute concrete reads to ever fold KK less than 100bb deep. And by concrete; I mean you've played with the player a lot and have only seen him re-raise big pre-flop with aces.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    its not just a standard 3 bet though is it, its a limp then a 3 bet, fish allways do this with AA and sometimes KK. 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: now what??? : its not just a standard 3 bet though is it, its a limp then a 3 bet, fish allways do this with AA and sometimes KK. 
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Yes, sometimes it is AA but I had it the other day when someone had 55. Its a pretty old school way of playing hands. Im not folding KK in this spot, let them play their AA in this way as most of the time they are losing value.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: now what??? : Yes, sometimes it is AA but I had it the other day when someone had 55. Its a pretty old school way of playing hands. Im not folding KK in this spot, let them play their AA in this way as most of the time they are losing value.
    Posted by MattBates
    i just think they turn there hand face up playing it like this and 9 times out of 10 it will be aces or kk . suppose it would be a bit nitty folding though.
  • edited August 2013

Folds fine this early IMO

• edited August 2013
    During the war i limped utg n then shoved  hellmuth got caught out last week but so hard to fold kings in this spot id go with it 
  • edited August 2013
    All in every single time.

If they have aces, meh - cold deck.  The amount of times they pop up with AK or worse for me makes this +ev.  Someone did this to me last night with AQos.  
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: now what??? : its not just a standard 3 bet though is it, its a limp then a 3 bet, fish allways do this with AA and sometimes KK. 
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Whilst I have seen fish do this with AA/KK, I've also seen 10 times as many fish do this with hands that KK crushes. If 1 in 10 times they have aces/kings and the rest they have something worse then it's still a profitable shove with kings.