You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dtd hand tonight

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Played in the dtd tonight , was my first time in it and first time playing three tables. Was great fun and kept me busy for four hours. Didn't cash in any of them but still happy with my results.    One hand that stuck out was this one because the chap called me a fish and called me lucky.   The only thing I see I did wrong is call the turn with a medium pair.  Am I really a fish for this hand?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceEyemanSmall blind 100.00100.0013710.00EBBERDONBig blind 200.00300.003425.00 Your hole cards99   reverend26Fold    GEO68Call 200.00500.003230.001-DAYFold    limmy01Raise 800.001300.004490.00EyemanFold    EBBERDONCall 600.001900.002825.00GEO68Fold    Flop  810K   EBBERDONCheck    limmy01Check    Turn  5   EBBERDONBet 400.002300.002425.00limmy01Call 400.002700.004090.00River  9   EBBERDONBet 400.003100.002025.00limmy01Raise 1000.004100.003090.00EBBERDONCall 600.004700.001425.00limmy01Show99   EBBERDONMuckAA   limmy01WinThree 9s4700.00 7790.0

Comments

• edited August 2013
      Couple of things jump out.

Firstly edit your post and remove the opponents name from it. Nothing good comes from leaving it in especially when adding chat box comments to it.

Secondly Preflop raise is to big. You do not need to be raising that big at this stage especially with your stack. 600 probably has the same effect.

Thirdly as played i would call that very weak turn bet everytime. Getting nearly 6 to 1 on that call.
     Lastly dont like the raise on the river. If you think you are ahead here then you need to be asking for more. 7 to 1 to make the call on the end is too little. You want to be looking to extract the maximum here and i think you can get paid more than that.

Hope some of these things help
  • edited August 2013
    another bet sizing masterclass from big bad ebberdon. he calls everyone a fish mate dont worry about it.
  • edited August 2013
    no longer anonymous! Standard raise less pre tho but you played this fine. Don't worry about chat box comments although delete users name and I am sure he meant no harm he is a laugh in the chat usually! (Just painful to see your aces cracked)
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah I've had the Ebberdon hairdryer before.
  • edited August 2013

my user name timed out then when I posted , so it became anonymous , Didn't think about editing the names and it won't let me change it now. But I didn't post this to flame anyone , I just wondered if it was fishy play.

So lower the riase pre flop , also as we both checked the flop then he came with the turn bet which I thought was worth the call as it was quite low.....
  • edited August 2013
    Yea poor bet size on turn possibly hoping for a raise from you as he no doubt felt he was ahead. E is an aggro player but a good solid player too. He was frustrated here...that's all. You did nothing wrong at all mate and he knows this in retrospect. You should be raising more on the river for value here though and let him off lightly i feel.
    PS +1 to Talons post btw....very good
  • edited August 2013

How is he still allowed to chat at tables! sighhhh.

30k profit on the site or something and still abusing newbies in £1 deepstacks.

I think I'd shove the river as played.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: dtd hand tonight:
    How is he still allowed to chat at tables! sighhhh. 30k profit on the site or something and still abusing newbies in £1 deepstacks. I think I'd shove the river as played.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I honestly don't know how he has that much profit though... just seems to have run over EV forever.
  • edited August 2013
    Oppo was trying to get maximum value by slow playing the Aces imo and by doing so has allowed you to get there through no fault of your own. So not really a fishy play.

If we slow play aces, we have to accept that sometimes it will backfire. I have played against oppo many times and i'm sure his comment was tongue in cheak and no mallice was intended. Its a fun forum night (I even call some of my team fishes on a Monday lol)

In my opinion you couldn't have played it much different given the flop and the line that oppo took.

Glad you enjoyed yourself last night anyway - Good Luck.
  • edited August 2013
    Trev, some of your team are fishes :)

As played, fine.  Probably 3 bet a bit less on the flop but I don't mind the 800.  After Ebbers checks the flop I'm probably cbetting about 66% of the pot but check back is ok too.  Not worried at all about the call on the turn and, as everyone else has said, bet mor after you turn the jackpot card.  If Ebbers is calling the raise for 600 chips, he will call for the rest of his stack.

Good luck and I'm glad you had a good time :)