You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30 nl vs a well known reg is this a call on the river

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
on this river here if i thought this was a blocker bet id raise here all the time but half pot looked like a value bet i was very tempted to raise here 

is it a call tho i leave the name out i give a clue he always makes priority playing 20nl - 30nl every month :P 
zinfanSmall blind £0.15£0.15£28.85slow1Big blind £0.30£0.45£73.63 Your hole cardsQK   ToshiroFold    villain Raise £0.90£1.35£38.37IDONKCALLURaise £2.40£3.75£28.49whonextFold    zinfanFold    slow1Fold    villainCall £1.50£5.25£36.87Flop  KA10   villainCheck    IDONKCALLUCheck    Turn  7   villainBet £2.63£7.88£34.24IDONKCALLUCall £2.63£10.51£25.86River  Q   villainBet £5.26£15.77£28.98

Comments

• edited August 2013
    See who gets it right.
  • edited August 2013
    3bet bigger pour valueeeeeee. 

Fold now I rex! 
  • edited August 2013
     Looked through this several times and it just doesnt make any sense to me at all.

Before getting on to their line first we need to look at yours.
     3-betting pre in position is fine. Now why the check behind on the flop
     Major show of weakness there. Especially on a flop that you have actually hit, 1 in 3 chance of doing so.
     Turn calling. Do you think your K is good here or are you calling for the gutshot, which you dont have the odds for. Again dont like this play even in position.

Villains line is very simply 1 of 2 things. They have a big hand here and are trying to extract the maximium from you. Or they are responding to your weak play post flop and trying to push you off. Very hard to tell which because you have opened yourself up to it.

So my choice here. Fold with your tail between your legs.
  • edited August 2013
    the reason i checked behind the flop this hits a 3 bet calling range aswell so pot control really 

on the turn i felt as i checked the flop would be wrong to just fold when i hit a piece and have outs 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 30 nl vs a well known reg is this a call on the river:
    3bet bigger pour valueeeeeee.  Fold now I rex! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    so, what hands are we expecting him to peel oop for us to be able to 3bet KQs for value?

Raise size is fine in position too... 

• edited August 2013
    No point tellindg donk anythin poorly played but deffo fold against the dont play anything but qq+ grinders lol
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 30 nl vs a well known reg is this a call on the river:
    In Response to Re: 30 nl vs a well known reg is this a call on the river : so, what hands are we expecting him to peel oop for us to be able to 3bet KQs for value? Raise size is fine in position too... 
    Posted by NColley
    Almost 100% of his opening range.

The guy likes to play pots ;)
  • edited August 2013
    Pre depends on reads, sizing is fine imo. Rest is hard to say without giving him some sort of range, whether he bets turn with hands with some showdown etc

Flop is a tricky spot. I prob just b/f

As played turn is fine, I would fold river completely readless
  • edited August 2013
    you need to work out what range villain would flat a 3bet with OP... this is normally a very narrow range for good players. which imagine is the case for someone playing so much...

a typical 3bet calling range OP might look like TT-QQ, AK-AQ, AJs + occassional suited connectors/smaller PPs when deep stacked. Every single hand other than the occasional small PPs and suited connectors has you smashed.

if you call, you are hoping that they have called a 3bet out of position without one of those hands, sensed weakness and is now bluffing 2 streets on a board that smacks your range in the face too. he basically needs to be doing this 1/3 of the time to make a call profitable... if you think that is the case, then call, otherwise an easy fold.