You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I suppose this is what they call variance

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
KidCarter Small blind   40.00 40.00 1965.00
Thepob Big blind   80.00 120.00 640.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

sillymid Fold        
DandyDav43 Fold        
rachael666 Fold        
chazshel25 Raise   400.00 520.00 2607.50
KidCarter Raise   680.00 1200.00 1285.00
Thepob All-in   640.00 1840.00 0.00
chazshel25 Call   320.00 2160.00 2287.50
Flop

KidCarter Bet   1080.00 3240.00 205.00
chazshel25 Call   1080.00 4320.00 1207.50
Turn

KidCarter All-in   205.00 4525.00 0.00
chazshel25 Call   205.00 4730.00 1002.50
KidCarter Show
  • A
  • A

Thepob Show
  • A
  • A

chazshel25 Show
  • Q

River

• J

chazshel25 Win Straight to the Queen 4730.00   5732.50

All I could do was watch the showdown open mouthed

Comments

• edited August 2013
    I appreciate your mindset was looking to get it in soonish, given your stack

But against a big raise AND a reraise, I would call it stupidity rather than variance.

bwtfdik
  • edited August 2013

let me guess was this from a BH MTT?

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: I suppose this is what they call variance:
    I appreciate your mindset was looking to get it in soonish, given your stack But against a big raise AND a reraise, I would call it stupidity rather than variance. bwtfdik
    Posted by calcalfold

He folded pre !
  • edited August 2013
    Sadly, its just another example of the inability of the so called random number generator to produce random cards/hands.
    The site experts will analyse the players actions advising on the play etc - whereas  we should all be asking: WTF is going on with this sites RNG! 

• edited August 2013
    I appreciate your mindset was looking to get it in soonish, given your stack But against a big raise AND a reraise, I would call it stupidity rather than variance. bwtfdik
    Posted by calcalfold
    Re-read the HH, also still variance regardless of play. It is grating sometimes
  • edited August 2013
    Sadly, its just another example of the inability of the so called random number generator to produce random cards/hands. The site experts will analyse the players actions advising on the play etc - whereas  we should all be asking: WTF is going on with this sites RNG! 
    Posted by somer
    Its absolutley nothing to do with the RNG, its just poker. We all get bad beats but we also win when we get it in behind. Its all just part of the game . I f you think its rigged then naff off to another site.

You`ve been posting for 2 & half years ish so i presume you been playing in that time.

Its a hobby ,
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by calcalfold
    classic case of just looking at the hand its self & nothin else.

EPIC FAIL
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: I suppose this is what they call variance : Its absolutley nothing to do with the RNG, its just poker. We all get bad beats but we also win when we get it in behind. Its all just part of the game . I f you think its rigged then naff off to another site. You`ve been posting for 2 & half years ish so i presume you been playing in that time. Its a hobby ,
    Posted by davelufc
    just dont see the need for this post surely we shouldnt be telling other players to naff off to other sites these forums are meant to be what makes sky a friendly place but it is quite the opposite sometimes  and is it not for you to tell people to NAFF OF TO OTHER SITES REALLY !!!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: I suppose this is what they call variance : Its absolutley nothing to do with the RNG, its just poker. We all get bad beats but we also win when we get it in behind. Its all just part of the game . I f you think its rigged then naff off to another site. You`ve been posting for 2 & half years ish so i presume you been playing in that time. Its a hobby ,
    Posted by davelufc
    “its absolutely nothing to do with the RNG”

Sorry, my mistake. I thought the RNG was the tool used to produce unpredictable, unbiased, and statistically random cards and my comment was based on its performance -  I should have realised that ‘its just poker’ which seems to be the answer for everything.

“If you think its rigged naff off”

Never mentioned the word rigged - cause for concern would be more appropriate.
    As for the “naff off” advice - naturally, I will give it some consideration although when I became an adult many (far too many) years ago I decided to make my own decisions - nevertheless, thanks for the suggestion.

“You’ve been posting for 2 & half years ish so i presume you been playing in that time.”

Yes  - and a number of years prior to posting on this site. I prefer live play if the intention is to play seriously. I am a bit old fashioned in as much as I like to see the cards being shuffled and dealt -  However, on-line poker is a good pastime.

I believe SKY is (for me) one of the best on-line poker sites - but it is not above criticism nor should it be.

• edited August 2013
    if it is so random why do so many of the regular players continually winn all in hands even when they have rubbish hands but had aa the flop comes akk  player rip off goes allin  shows k2 turn 8 river oh what a suprise k on the river.  then i get ak turn comes tjq so yeah got a straight player rip off yes same player goes all in turns his cards has a2d board on ly has 1 d on it so still thinking thats kl then the turn diamond then the river ooh yes what a suprise its another diamond  so he wins again with the help of sky this happens all the time with vertain players they go all in against a made hand needing the river and turn too go for them and 9/10 times it doe,s now that too me is not variance,and  the amount of times pocket aa loses to hands like 23.42.65.88 is unbelievable its that bad i wont even raise with them anymore as no point as u always lose...think its about time sky had they,re rng tested and the results published online and prove how reliable they,re software is.or this question will continually go on and on and any1 that does not beleive go and watch h/u dyms and watch how many times certain players are continually let out of jail its unbeleivable
  • edited August 2013
    if it is so random why do so many of the regular players continually winn all in hands even when they have rubbish hands but had aa the flop comes akk  player rip off goes allin  shows k2 turn 8 river oh what a suprise k on the river.  then i get ak turn comes tjq so yeah got a straight player rip off yes same player goes all in turns his cards has a2d board on ly has 1 d on it so still thinking thats kl then the turn diamond then the river ooh yes what a suprise its another diamond  so he wins again with the help of sky this happens all the time with vertain players they go all in against a made hand needing the river and turn too go for them and 9/10 times it doe,s now that too me is not variance,and  the amount of times pocket aa loses to hands like 23.42.65.88 is unbelievable its that bad i wont even raise with them anymore as no point as u always lose...think its about time sky had they,re rng tested and the results published online and prove how reliable they,re software is.or this question will continually go on and on and any1 that does not beleive go and watch h/u dyms and watch how many times certain players are continually let out of jail its unbeleivable
    Posted by SEPERABIT
    Full stops. Brilliant invention.

If you don't raise AA for fear of being outdrawn, then poker isn't for you my friend. It's very easy to blame the software/site, but people who do need to be looking closer to home for their problems.
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by SEPERABIT
    Id you don't enjoy it mate stick to horses or sports betting, whatever, ive been there and I found when I withdrew money from here, I run a lot worse. But im 19 its better that I learn now than in 20 hyeas time and I look and think "what happened" I don't enjoy it anymore which is why I don't play here anymore!
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by SEPERABIT
    does your AK lose to to 56 ? and your 56 loses to AK? and your AA loses to a flush gut shot on the river? but your flush gut shot never wins? its called variance mate it will happen to you don't know when but you will win... just got to be patient and watch the table not hard when you think about it
  • edited August 2013
    I'd love to see an all in-equity graph vs actual winnings for some of these players that swear blind that its not random/and or rigged. It would be even better to compare these against the so called "regs" that seem to win more than their fair share. Unfortunately sky doesn't let you download your hand history though :( I'd be willing to bet that in the vast majority of cases the graphs will be pretty much what they should be (but probably with a downward curve, as the players that complain are normally losing players)

when ever I see a post like that (and its probably the same for most people) I just think: another person that remembers that bad luck more that the good, and most likely not a winning player.

you need more evidence than a few "bad beats" - no one will you seriously until you do. Of course, getting that evidence will be next to impossible.

I have been playing on Sky pretty heavily since about April. I have had absolutely disgusting runs of cards, and I have also had brilliant runs of cards. the bad runs just stick in the mind more + its easy to pass off luck as good play.

• edited August 2013
    I'd love to see an all in-equity graph vs actual winnings for some of these players that swear blind that its not random/and or rigged. It would be even better to compare these against the so called "regs" that seem to win more than their fair share. Unfortunately sky doesn't let you download your hand history though :( I'd be willing to bet that in the vast majority of cases the graphs will be pretty much what they should be (but probably with a downward curve, as the players that complain are normally losing players) when ever I see a post like that (and its probably the same for most people) I just think: another person that remembers that bad luck more that the good, and most likely not a winning player. you need more evidence than a few "bad beats" - no one will you seriously until you do. Of course, getting that evidence will be next to impossible. I have been playing on Sky pretty heavily since about April. I have had absolutely disgusting runs of cards, and I have also had brilliant runs of cards. the bad runs just stick in the mind more + its easy to pass off luck as good play.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    The key is getting the evidence is almost impossible . Remove the almost and you would be correct.
    Been playin here over 5 years and now it's just silly TBH. Its just TOOOOOOOOO unbelievable now.
    My impossible to prove opinion of course.