You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bit of fun now the footy season coming back CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OF POKER

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Just thought of an idea  

Right here it goes  groups of 4   

depending on how many people say 32 for instance 

so 8 groups of 4 

They play each other twice   best of 5 games  2 pts for a win   0pts for a loss  

the winner of each group 

play each other so semi finals  best of 5 

then the final best of 7  good idea or not 

Comments

• edited August 2013
    cant see the name spurs in the champions league!!!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Bit of fun now the footy season coming back CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OF POKER:
    Just thought of an idea   Right here it goes  groups of 4    depending on how many people say 32 for instance  so 8 groups of 4  They play each other twice   best of 5 games  2 pts for a win   0pts for a loss   the winner of each group  play each other so semi finals  best of 5  then the final best of 7  good idea or not 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    in group games should do best of 4,so can be a draw.
  • edited August 2013
    was just a  quick brainstorm thats all i prefer this then knockout coz thats just luck any 1 can win the odd game 

to play each other twice and then tid alot harder to do imo 
  • edited August 2013
    I thought about this about a year ago,if u run it im in.
  • edited August 2013
    lol i wnt run it    

i cant organise anything i come up with the ideas n let some 1 else do it ha 
  • edited August 2013
    I would be up for it sounds fun.
  • edited August 2013
    I was planning to run a comp like this.

I sent Tikay a PM with pretty much this idea (although it was more tournament based - have a password protected tournament for those on the forum. People are put into specific leagues of 10 and opt in each week.  Top from each league after 10 weeks get put into a separte knock out stage in HU until theres a winner) 2 weeks ago hoping to get a prize for the winner.  

No reply :(
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Bit of fun now the footy season coming back CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OF POKER:
    I was planning to run a comp like this. I sent Tikay a PM with pretty much this idea (although it was more tournament based - have a password protected tournament for those on the forum. People are put into specific leagues of 10 and opt in each week.  Top from each league after 10 weeks get put into a separte knock out stage in HU until theres a winner) 2 weeks ago hoping to get a prize for the winner.   No reply :(
    Posted by gazza127
    Morning gazza.

That is incorrect - I did reply.

I'll reply again later this morning.

To be honest, I did not really understand the proposal, which was for password-protected SNG's with a pre-arranged start time.

I understood the good intent though, so I am not knocking it, I just can't quite grasp the logic.  

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Bit of fun now the footy season coming back CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OF POKER:
    In Response to Re: Bit of fun now the footy season coming back CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OF POKER : Morning gazza. That is incorrect - I did reply. I'll reply again later this morning. To be honest, I did not really understand the proposal, which was for password-protected SNG's with a pre-arranged start time. I understood the good intent though, so I am not knocking it, I just can't quite grasp the logic.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers tikay. Not sure I explained my idea well enough to be honest. Perhaps sit and gos was the wrong way to describe my idea.  More of having a number of people 'opt in' before the competition and those same people play against each other each week according to what time people could make it.  It isnt the simplest idea... granted. 
  • edited August 2013

Understood, Gazza, thanks.

The problem then is the potential "no-shows" or sit-outs, we've seen thread after thread of people complaining about that, although I've no idea why people don't like what amounts to free chips & money!
  • edited August 2013
    Hey TK!

Just wondering if you got my message last week?

I know you will get loads of messages, just thought i'd ask!

Thank you
  • edited August 2013
    The other problem is PASSWORD PROTECTED, as you all know this dosen't work on this site :-)

Pre reg players instead.

Gl all at the tables
  • edited August 2013
    yeah i`m in if this idea goes ahead
  • edited August 2013
    I think this would be a great competiton if it could be run like the APAT do,groups of say 6-10 making up teams!
    I am in whatever is decided!
    It has obviously got to suit sky!

Quarter finals to Finals to be televised.

May be it should be £5 a head,to give us a prize pool!

Maybe Sky will chip in some prize money!

It will be good advertising on Sky 861 and could result in a lot more people joining sky poker!

• edited August 2013
    Hey TK! Just wondering if you got my message last week? I know you will get loads of messages, just thought i'd ask! Thank you
    Posted by LARSON7
    Replied now Mr L, apologies for the delay, I assumed the question had already been dealt with by Customer Care.