You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sensible Or Stupid?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
halenpace Small blind   300.00 300.00 17080.00
HartshorN Big blind   600.00 900.00 13117.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Francis65 Fold        
markus706 Raise   2400.00 3300.00 6515.00
hammydog Fold        
halenpace Fold        
HartshorN Fold        
markus706 Muck        
markus706 Win   3300.00   9815.00

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Open Satellite sitting 5th out of 27, with 15 getting entry.

He did the same shortly after with a  2x raises and i hit the full house and got paid so.
  • edited December 2009

I have no idea mate Im auwful at sat's having never ever qualified from one!

Wud be interested to see some replies from people who have mastered these games.

My approach to sats now is don't play em! Buy straight in! lol - Once spent 35 quid trying to sat into a tourny that had a 30 quid buy in and still failed.

How did u do in the end did u make it through? And hows it going in genral? any better?

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    4 times raise, could have bigger pair so your dead if you push or call, then if he has overcards good chance he will hit or bluff you if he misses. Probably the right fold in the circumstances.
  • edited December 2009
    Alright DOH.

I'm pretty sweet in sat's, i won the sat overall but obviously that accounts for nothing, damnnnnnn lol, didn't make it far in the open though.

It's been good as of late, though still blown a bit this weekend but it's been due to me making awful calls, when i've gone in ahead i've been finished ahead, and i've also been hitting some rivers!

Just need to get my game back along with no bad beats and im sorted :)

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Sensible Or Stupid?:
    Open Satellite sitting 5th out of 27, with 15 getting entry. Posted by HartshorN
    As this was a satellite, I think your fold was correct.
    If it was a MTT with 15 getting paid, you must come over the top of him (you have twice his stack, need to let people know you can't be pushed around, and most importantly want to aim for the final table).