You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

URGENT!!! Poker Plumber needed

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Been checking back over my history on sky poker and have discovered a major leak. 
If there are any poker plumbers out there who could offer some sound help and advice it would be much appreciated.
I'm doing ok at sng dym, showing health profit on mtt, but cash appears to be a huge hole into which I pour money :-(
Please help.
In the meantime if you see me anywhere near a cash table feel free to kick my A$$!!

Comments

• edited August 2013
    I have a quick fix - stop playing cash :P But seriously, if you want to still dabble at cash then by all means. Just make sure it's at a level where you don't mind losing the initial buy in. I don't know what you've been playing but if you've been playing 5p/10p for example, consider moving down to 2p/4p. Or if you've been playing 25p/50p consider moving down to 5p/10p. As long as you're winning elsewhere the cash game experience will be a learning curve, and with enough practice at lower levels you hopefully should get better.

Don't worry if you don't though, not everyone is suited to all types of poker. Players like Daniel Negreanu and Phil Hellmuth are incredible tournament players but are horrible at cash poker in comparison to their peers. (I mean I don't doubt their ability to win at lower limits with good table selection) Me personally, I'm great at cash poker (at least I think I'm OK!!) but really struggle in tournaments/sngs. But I still play them now and again at buy in amounts I can afford so that I can hopefully get better.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks F Ivanovic, some sound advice. unfortunatly can't move down any more, playing 2/4 and with very mixed results. How bad must I be playing :-( 
    In the past, on another site, I managed to build a decent roll playing cash.
    Think I'll try the quick fix and stop playing cash for now!! not sure how long I can resist lol
    Good luck with improving your tournament play.
    MTTs are the way forward