You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bsd beats

i have come to the conclusion that sky poker is a joke i aqm sick to death off getting beat with low cards as i just found out as someone went all in with 8-5 and i had j-q suited and get beat with 8-5 on the draw something needs to be done about this as its not fair play i have played a gd few tourneys and let it go and excepted that u will get beat by low hands now and again but on a regular basis ist fair im not a sore looser but  its starting to pee me off with sky that it happens far to often for my liking 

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to bsd beats:
    i have come to the conclusion that sky poker is a joke i aqm sick to death off getting beat with low cards as i just found out as someone went all in with 8-5 and i had j-q suited and get beat with 8-5 on the draw something needs to be done about this as its not fair play i have played a gd few tourneys and let it go and excepted that u will get beat by low hands now and again but on a regular basis ist fair im not a sore looser but  its starting to pee me off with sky that it happens far to often for my liking 
    Posted by bigaggs
    Sure about that?
  • edited August 2013
    Are bsd beats worse than bad beats?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: bsd beats:
    Are bsd beats worse than bad beats?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    They are not as fun as bdsm beats

• edited August 2013
    You lost a 67% - 32% and write an essay to moan about it.

Take up noughts and crosses.
  • edited August 2013
    You lost a 67% - 32% and write an essay to moan about it. Take up noughts and crosses.
    Posted by calcalfold

Or tiddley winks ;o)
  • edited August 2013
    You lost a 67% - 32% and write an essay to moan about it. Take up noughts and crosses.
    Posted by calcalfold
    Could keep losing at noughts and crosses too! What then?
    Even W.O.P.R tried and decided the best move was not to play...

• edited August 2013
    Posted by bigaggs
    Hi bigaggs
    So are you saying we are supposed to fold everything but big cards?

As far as I was aware, there were 52 cards in a pack and in Holdem all of them were in use and we had to make the best hand we could by using our holding cards & the community cards.....Is this not the case anymore? have the rules changed and I just havent been informed?

Well........I'm pretty sure the rules haven't changed, so I would just like to inform you thats it's not the 2 biggest holding cards that win in Holdem, it's the best 5 card hand made up using a combination of your holding cards and the 5 community cards. In Texas Holdem, you can use a combination of 2 holding cards and 3 community cards or 1 of your 2 holding cards and 4 community cards.

For future reference.......
    8-5 will beat Q-J nearly 32% of the time
    J-Q does not beat 8-5 if the 8-5 hits a bigger hand
    J-Q is also not a very good hand to be calling an all-in with even against a short stack
    J-Q is behind to every pocket pair

I could go on, but it's probably better for me to suggest you read a few books, visit some poker strategy sites and maybe get a better uderstanding of the game or why not post a few hands in the clinic and ask for some advice on how you played them.

Bad beats happen, but it helps if you learn how to reduce the chances of that happening.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to bsd beats : Hi bigaggs So are you saying we are supposed to fold everything but big cards? As far as I was aware, there were 52 cards in a pack and in Holdem all of them were in use and we had to make the best hand we could by using our holding cards & the community cards.....Is this not the case anymore? have the rules changed and I just havent been informed? Well........I'm pretty sure the rules haven't changed, so I would just like to inform you thats it's not the 2 biggest holding cards that win in Holdem, it's the best 5 card hand made up using a combination of your holding cards and the 5 community cards. In Texas Holdem, you can use a combination of 2 holding cards and 3 community cards or 1 of your 2 holding cards and 4 community cards. For future reference....... 8-5 will beat Q-J nearly 32% of the time J-Q does not beat 8-5 if the 8-5 hits a bigger hand J-Q is also not a very good hand to be calling an all-in with even against a short stack J-Q is behind to every pocket pair I could go on, but it's probably better for me to suggest you read a few books, visit some poker strategy sites and maybe get a better uderstanding of the game or why not post a few hands in the clinic and ask for some advice on how you played them. Bad beats happen, but it helps if you learn how to reduce the chances of that happening.
    Posted by POKERTREV

So thats what the cards in the middle are for... Doh!

• edited August 2013
    but it's probably better for me to suggest you read a few books.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    My niece has a few op can borrow. They have lift up flaps.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: bsd beats : So thats what the cards in the middle are for... Doh!
    Posted by gazza127
    lol - You would be surprised how many people think otherwise :)

and don't even get me started on the F,T & R's lol

F = FLOP - or The first three community Cards
    (This is where we try to improve our holding cards, if we don't improve, then our hand has "Flopped" :)

T = TURN - the 4th community card
    (YES!!! - We get a second turn/chance to improve our hand wiiiiiiiii)

R = River - the last of five community cards
    This is the ultimate decider and where our hand usually sinks or swims in the river od fate:)

Well, at least this is my definition anyway and usually works for me lol.
  • edited August 2013
    Posted by bigaggs
    have you cracked aces or kk ak with 34 suited or s k3 suited??? I have and ive had my AA cracked by 79 suited it happens its called poker you will learn I did don't shove all in with JQ suited raise see off the limpers  then see if you hit ,ive had A5 flop came 234 rainbow shoved all in other player had 56 I lost to the better hand fair and square no good moaning about it gets you nowhere I learnt that just have to improve watch the table
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to bsd beats : have you cracked aces or kk ak with 34 suited or s k3 suited??? I have and ive had my AA cracked by 79 suited it happens its called poker you will learn I did don't shove all in with JQ suited raise see off the limpers  then see if you hit ,ive had A5 flop came 234 rainbow shoved all in other player had 56 I lost to the better hand fair and square no good moaning about it gets you nowhere I learnt that just have to improve watch the table
    Posted by screwy27
    Believe you just raised a post saying your leaving due to getting knocked out first hand of a BH by quad two's Screwy.
    As for your advice watch the table i've got to smirk,if you do you will see just how ridiculously some of the hands play out.
    Honestly it really has got beyond a joke the money is going round in circles and there is only one winner there is nothing random left on this site at all. No one has an advantage over anyone else anymore we may as well be playing bingo. SAD but true it has been tweaked beyond belief now. Even the die hards have left.

And according to you so have you.Switches light off...............        
  • edited August 2013
    Going back to the start a second, you got it all in pre flop with QJ???? Why??? Did you shove? Did he? What stack have you got in comparison to blinds? What stack did he have in comparison to blinds?

Without these questions answered then what do you expect the community to say?