You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Will the real Scotty77 please stand up

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
On the Sky Cash game #2 episode that I saw recently he was being very creative, taking on Neil Channing with almost atc (like for like I suppose)

But playing on a cash table with him recently and I only saw him play one hand in an hour - QQ hits the set on the flop - gets paid

Which is the real RyRy? Seems a bit of a Karma-Chameleon. Is he Sky Poker´s answer to Boy George?

Comments

• edited August 2013
    he prob misclicked and meant to flop a straight.

5 in a row is his preferred hand strength on the flop!!
  • edited August 2013
    Rumour has it he is being sponsored by a well known tooth paste company and needs the exposure on TV ! ;-)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Will the real Scotty77 please stand up:
    Rumour has it he is being sponsored by a well known tooth paste company and needs the exposure on TV ! ;-)
    Posted by VespaPX

Beam me up Scotty!
  • edited August 2013
    Haha tight is right sir!

Got bashed up by those guys playing ATC maybe I've learnt my lesson :)

Real answer tho is when we were playing the other day I was on 10-12 tables so can't concentrate that much no more :(
  • edited August 2013
    Even the english language isn't rich enough to put into words how much I love this thread.

Calling out nits ftw.
  • edited August 2013
    My girls had nits. They didn't have as nice a smile as Ryan does 
  • edited August 2013
    My girls had nits. They didn't have as nice a smile as Ryan does 
    Posted by cenachav
    What an incredibly obtuse compliment. Would probably have to agree though.

Either way, kudos to your kids for smiling their way through nits though. Bawses.
  • edited August 2013
    Even the english language isn't rich enough to put into words how much I love this thread. Calling out nits ftw.
    Posted by Smitalos
    Tvm

Now on NL200  mastercash last night you joined the table and played how many hands? 

Although to be honest you might have played every hand and I just missed it as I was concentrating 100% on my cards.  As well as the main, the mini and six other mastercash tables. 
  • edited August 2013
    Only just realised the boy George comment.  Haha! 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Will the real Scotty77 please stand up : Tvm Now on NL200  mastercash last night you joined the table and played how many hands?  Although to be honest you might have played every hand and I just missed it as I was concentrating 100% on my cards.  As well as the main, the mini and six other mastercash tables. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Is that an attempt at calling me nitty?
    That I'm mayyyyyyyyybe calling the kettle black, sir?

Because I can assure you that line will not end in success. Quite the opposite.

Also not sure how much of a brag it is to confess to playing Micro donkaments...
    But hey, it's how Scotty binked sponsorship and so much forum praise by grinding out the Micro circuit, amirite? So what do I know!

#itsallkickingoff

(the second part is in jest btw, hence the hashtag.)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Will the real Scotty77 please stand up : Is that an attempt at calling me nitty? That I'm mayyyyyyyyybe calling the kettle black, sir?
    Posted by Smitalos
    no - but if i was really wanting to wind you up I would have said that once you saw how fishy the table was on the telly you came a bumhunting #letswindupsmitty

and i was hardly boasting - more a cry for help - sucked into playing loads of tables cos it might be on the telly box #tissuesforGELDY
  • edited August 2013
    wow scotty77.. u must be in pain watchin that cash game back...looooooool.. 

dont mean to be mean but it'll jus come out haha.. and i hope u can take some stick..!
    what were u doin..? u should be used to cameras by now so not too sure it was that..?
    please let me play the 3rd season sky..? no more amatures..!

• edited August 2013
    dont think the cameras were too much of a factor, but it is very very different doing a live show to a pre record.  on a live show once you go live there really isn't that many prompts that you are actually on TV...you just have to go with it.  

on a pre record there are a lot more prompts that this is a TV show.

there are a couple of spots where I def look back and go go...'what on earth....' but to be fair those happen a lot online too but those mistakes are never gonna be aired and repeated!
  • edited August 2013
    i jus think that u had the wrong statergy vs the wrong villians.. u also done exactly the same on season 1- u seemed too keen to 3bet bluff the biggest stations at the game- and it wasnt even a merged range but more polarised and when ur not picking up the nut end of this range then this is the worst stat u can choose- esp oop ..
    jus seemed to many mistakes and bad choices- makes me think 'how'?
  • edited August 2013

Just saw one of the episodes on sky sports and was also shocked at how poorly scotty played some of the hands

• edited August 2013
    i jus think that u had the wrong statergy vs the wrong villians.. u also done exactly the same on season 1- u seemed too keen to 3bet bluff the biggest stations at the game- and it wasnt even a merged range but more polarised and when ur not picking up the nut end of this range then this is the worst stat u can choose- esp oop .. jus seemed to many mistakes and bad choices- makes me think 'how'?
    Posted by LnarinOO
    Please don't tap the glass Narin. I can almost hear my winrate crying, cringing as it slowly drops with each line in your post :P
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Will the real Scotty77 please stand up : Please don't tap the glass Narin. I can almost hear my winrate crying, cringing as it slowly drops with each line in your post :P
    Posted by Smitalos
    i appologise but it was a tilting watch..!! alway good to see the brighton boys win/crush tho.. :)
  • edited August 2013
    season 1 - sam razavi
    season 2 - james dempsey
    season 3 - Lnarin ???
  • edited August 2013
    Apologies Ryan
  • edited August 2013
    Genuinely started the thread to highlight the contrasting styles that you are able to play. And my ability to get two musical references into one poker thread.  Never meant to provoke any critique of either of the styles discussed.

Looking forward to the show tonight.  TID

• edited August 2013
    No worries Geldy.  Comes with the job and I agree that with the way I played I deserve a few rubdowns!

I've had worse via social media believe me!