You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Talk Talk wifi dropping connection regularly

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Anyone had any problems with talk talk wifi?

We changed internet provider from Sky to Talk Talk about one month ago and it's been dropping connection regularly.

I am on the ground floor and the router is on the first floor. When it drops connection none of the lights change on the router and I don't think it's because the routers upstairs as I have been up there to check and the same thing happens.

The last 48hrs I didn't have one disconnection yet today I have had about three so far with no change in conditions, it's extremely tilting when playing poker as it's happened in the middle of hands several times.

I know it's not the laptop but I can't seem to figure out why this is happening, is Talk Talk just rubbish?

Btw this very rarely happened when we were with sky, and inb4 some says just go back to Sky it's not me who pays for it so I have no say ha.

Any suggestions as it does need sorting ASAP.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Aside from dropouts.

If you are serious about poker, run with a cable too. should get something decent for about £25
  • edited August 2013
    I'm TalkTalk. I used to have a lot of connection problems but this was months ago. I did receive a new router and have not have any problems since then. I'm not a technical person at all, but could it just be a faulty router??
  • edited August 2013
    get a wireless network adapter, I'm sure there will be people who can elaborate and give links but I bought a set 18 months ago (after taking advice off the forum) and they're the nuts.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Talk Talk wifi dropping connection regularly:
    Anyone had any problems with talk talk wifi? We changed internet provider from Sky to Talk Talk about one month ago and it's been dropping connection regularly. I am on the ground floor and the router is on the first floor. When it drops connection none of the lights change on the router and I don't think it's because the routers upstairs as I have been up there to check and the same thing happens. The last 48hrs I didn't have one disconnection yet today I have had about three so far with no change in conditions, it's extremely tilting when playing poker as it's happened in the middle of hands several times. I know it's not the laptop but I can't seem to figure out why this is happening, is Talk Talk just rubbish? Btw this very rarely happened when we were with sky, and inb4 some says just go back to Sky it's not me who pays for it so I have no say ha. Any suggestions as it does need sorting ASAP.
    Posted by foldUfairy
    I have never heard a good word spoken about this company. personally I would never go near them, ive had too many friends and family get their products and have untold amounts of problems with them, so much so that I always advise anyone I know who thinks about changing to them to stay well clear
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Talk Talk wifi dropping connection regularly:
    In Response to Talk Talk wifi dropping connection regularly : I have never heard a good word spoken about this company. personally I would never go near them, ive had too many friends and family get their products and have untold amounts of problems with them, so much so that I always advise anyone I know who thinks about changing to them to stay well clear
    Posted by TINTIN
    They are cheap and have improved in recent months
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Talk Talk wifi dropping connection regularly:
    In Response to Re: Talk Talk wifi dropping connection regularly : They are cheap and have improved in recent months
    Posted by waller02
    I still wouldn't trust them.

its the old adage, its easy to get a bad reputation but mighty difficult to get rid of it. for me its a company I will never have any trust in
  • edited August 2013
    hi ive had talk talk isnt the best out there   ? sky was much better but get a gud router wireless  g as the ones we had for sky wasnt that gud so i used my own linksys wireless  g ? net gear  are gud too if your stuck with this company  get new router 

if you can move then id go quickly lol  if your serious about poker invest in router and  hardware for a main tower ie gud memory and processor

• edited August 2013
    tbh  dont go with a company that offers u free adaptors  ie wireless ones lol coz  there no gud and shows u how poor there conections is
  • edited August 2013
    Get a couple of powerline adaptors if you cant run a cable, works just as well.
    If it has to be wifi, check the router channel is set to auto so it doesn't conflict with anybody else using wifi.
  • edited August 2013
    Talk Talk sends me on life tilt.

BT all the way for me.

I have sky internet too but BT is the nuts.  Would be a good time to change too with the bundles they are offering with sports channels.
  • edited August 2013
    I switched from sky to BT 3 weeks ago and have had nothing but trouble.
    Used to get 7 or 8 Mbps with sky, now get as low as 0.2 up to about 5 (usually about 2)
    It varies all day, and have been calling their Indian call centre most days.
    Their customer service has been awful.
    I believe their broadband is great when it works, but if you have problems, they are a nightmare. 

Another day, another hour on the phone.  Aaaarrrrrggghhh!

• edited August 2013
    I swopped from Talk Talk to BT Broadband recently to take advantage of an irresistible sign-up offer (and to get free BT Sport and access to their huge wifi network).

Tbh my broadband and phone service from Talk Talk was flawless for about 8 years, very cheap too. I know lots of others have bad experiences, however I found their service was very reliable and good value.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks for the suggestions, going to look into a few over the weekend.
  • edited August 2013