You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what questions do you ask yourself?

ahhahh
edited December 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
a stratergy is made up from the questions you ask yourself of your cards and there position, so what questions do you ask when looking at the situation your in?

when just on a cash table i like to ask myself how likely it is that if i call that i dont get re-raised, for this i dont call if to far away from the button

if i get to a flop i like to work out the bets that would allow a player to call or fold so i like to ask myself about the size of my opponents stacks 

when deciding if to bet, raise or fold i like to see if there is a card i can try and represent even if i dont have it to show a sign of strength and think about previouse hands to see if a players actions would say they have gone in because of a good hand or go in with alot of hands.

iv found by asking better questions iv become a better player, so i belive this thread will allow us all to develop our games

Comments

• edited December 2009
    If Ive raised pre flop a couple of hands in a row, Im very wary of my 'instant image'.  Players dont like 1 player raising constantly (yes 2 hands in a row is constant online for a lot of players).  If its then folded to me again and I have a raisable hand again, i may well limp initially (unless its a real monster) so as not to be suddenly reraised and have a headache decision about losing the chips ive just won.
  • edited December 2009
    When people make a large river bet into me, I put myself in their seat and ask myself: "By making this large bet, am I really trying to induce BigBluster to call?"

Often, the answer is no - so I call.