You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hero call or bad call?

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
EBBERDON Small blind   50.00 50.00 1875.00
goldnballz Big blind   100.00 150.00 4222.00
  Your hole cards

VespaPX Raise   250.00 400.00 2110.00
x
Call   250.00 650.00 5345.00
mould03 Fold        
EBBERDON Fold        
goldnballz Call   150.00 800.00 4072.00
Flop

• J
  • A

goldnballz Check        
VespaPX Check        
x
Check        
Turn

• J

goldnballz Check        
VespaPX Check        
x
Check        
River

• J

goldnballz Check        
VespaPX Bet   400.00 1200.00 1710.00
x All-in   5345.00 6545.00 0.00
goldnballz Fold        
VespaPX All-in   1710.00 8255.00 0.00
x
Unmatched bet   3235.00 5020.00 3235.00

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Tough call I don't think I could make it, he is shoving to represent an ace or a jack but could likely be turning his ten into a bluff here aswell. Hell he may of even flopped the royal!

Only hand s you are beating are flopped straights K or flopped flushes Kdxx outright bluffs, not sure it is the best opportunity to hero call but player dependent
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks Kalie

My thoughts at the time were:

Given the lack of action on the flop & turn he's probably got a smaller pair than me and made his FH on the river as i did.
    Turns out i was right (luckily) and he showed a pair of 6's.

Not sure i would do it again though ! :-)
    After all this one was in the Hitsquad Donk-a-fun last night (came 3rd).
  • edited August 2013
    I think it's probably going to be a losing call in the long-run. It's a really bad spot for oppo to bluff without a hand beating us because it's so easy for us or the other villain to be holding an Ace, which would almost certainly not fold. I think it's a bad spot for us to bet on the river because it's really tough for anyone to call with a hand we're beating. Maybe we get called by the flush or straight, but the line taken here by our two opponents makes either of those very unlikely. It would be a pretty poor call with either of those hands, anyway.

I think the river is probably a check-fold situation, actually.

By the way Vespa, what does the "PX" stand for?
  • edited August 2013
    C/f river as played fold
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Hero call or bad call?:
    I think it's probably going to be a losing call in the long-run. It's a really bad spot for oppo to bluff without a hand beating us because it's so easy for us or the other villain to be holding an Ace, which would almost certainly not fold. I think it's a bad spot for us to bet on the river because it's really tough for anyone to call with a hand we're beating. Maybe we get called by the flush or straight, but the line taken here by our two opponents makes either of those very unlikely. It would be a pretty poor call with either of those hands, anyway. I think the river is probably a check-fold situation, actually. By the way Vespa, what does the "PX" stand for?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Cheers for the advice BL

The PX is just the model of the Vespa scooter i have :-)
  • edited August 2013

Only hand villain can have here is a really weak ace or a straight flush, so I like the hero call.