You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

nightly £500 freeroll

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat

Tonight I played this rournament (for the 15th time) and once again I have cashed (13 out of 15). This ratio is very suspicious as I am not that good a player.
Although there some very aggressive players every night (who obciously win most of the money) the current format of this freeroll does seem to suit a tight passive player such as myself.
Tonight I decided I would fold all hands to see if I could still get to the money. My plans were thwarted by getting good cards and being unable to keep my hands off the mouse.
Nevertheless I watched one lady, who was away, blind down to 830 chips and cash 17p
I think therefore that the structure of this freeroll is faulty. In a timed tournament no-one who is absent should have any chips at the end of the timed period (or at least not so many, the time length of each hand being a variable)..
This is not a complaint. I am winning at it.
But what does anybody else think?

Comments

• edited August 2013
    It is what it is. 17p is 17p. To win anything over £4/5 in this tournament you need to at least 10x your starting stack which is going to be tough in an hour. It's just a bit of fun for lower stakes players and not to be taken too seriously.
  • edited August 2013

pretty funny!

So someone got a mighty 17p for being away lol

I'm sure there is more pressing things to be worrying about/ talking about

• edited August 2013
    i think players who arnt playing should be blinded away before the end of the tournament,
    its not fair on the players who are playing.
    it also puts more money into the winners pot.