You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Summer UKOPS is nearly here!

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat

Morning all.

Just a reminder that SUMMER UKOPS on Sky Poker is only a week away.

It starts on FRIDAY of next week, & as it is a Bank Holiday weekend, it runs for FOUR consecutive nights, Friday 23rd August to Monday August 26th August inclusive.

The full schedule is HERE

Comments

• edited August 2013

Each evening, there will be FIVE Events.

Each evening kicks off at 7.30pm (19.30) with a £3.30 or £2.20  Event, two of each, on alternate nights.

The Main Events, on all four nights, are at 8pm, & are £110 Buy-In. 

The Mini Events, on all four nights, are at 8.15pm, & are £5.50 Buy-In.

There will be a £55 Event at 9pm on each of the four evenings.

There will be a £55 Event at 10pm on each of the four evenings. 

• edited August 2013

The Sky Poker Jackpot will run normally through the 4 days, &, as usual, will be based on the 8pm Main, & 8.15pm Mini.

+

=

• edited August 2013

Tourneys include.....

Deepstacks

Bounty Hunters

Speed Bounty Hunters

Rebuys

Cash Game

Run Poker

3-Max

• edited August 2013

Satellites?

Yup, yup.

With such a variety of Events, these may seem a bit complicated, but it is all quite straightforward really, with just THREE varieties.

Satellites Semi-Finals to the £110, £25,000 Guaranteed MAIN EVENT on the Sunday are called.....

"£25,000 Semi ME"

....and are 1 in 5 affairs. 

They run on Mondays, Wedneadays, Fridays & Sundays.

Satellites to the £110 £15,000 Jobbie on Friday are called "£15,000 UKOPS Semi 1".

These run on alternate nights to the Semi ME, so, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sunday, & are also one seat in 5.  

1 in 5 Mini-Satellites to BOTH those will run at 15 minutes past the hour, from 2.15pm, every day. They will be called "UKOPS Satellite".

Go to the "UKOPS" &/or "SATELLITE" Tabs to see full details. 

Any questions, just ask.

• edited August 2013

On Sunday, at 7.30pm, there will be a "Three Max", which costs £3.30 to enter.

It is what it says - just 3 players per table, so one on the Button, & two in the blinds.

I've never played such a thing, & at £3.30, I'll definitely give it a spin, should be great fun, and completely different.

• edited August 2013
    The  3max was fun when they trialed it a month or so ago. I'm not just saying that as I came second in it either :-)
  • edited August 2013

There will be TWO "Run Poker" Tourneys.

One will be @ 7.30pm on Friday, & will cost £3.30 (£1,000 Guarantee), the other will be Saturday's £110 Main Event, with a £10,000 Guarantee.

What is "Run Poker"?

Simple.

Win the Pot, & you get the button.

Every time.

Adds a bit of zing & zest!

You want to try & keep this beauty....

• edited August 2013
    Tikay,

Will there be a leaderboard or any trophies/bracelets etc for winners of main events?

Matt
  • edited August 2013

Reminder - Summer UKOPS starts in FOUR days, this coming Friday.

There is a UKOPS Tab in the Tourney Lobby, & satellites galore.

Get in as the kids say!
  • edited August 2013

Just two days to go.

There are satellites galore.

Be there.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Summer UKOPS is nearly here!:
    Tikay, Will there be a leaderboard or any trophies/bracelets etc for winners of main events? Matt
    Posted by MattBates

Also interested in this...
  • edited August 2013
    i love ukops i be trying to play as many as i can :)
  • edited August 2013

Each time I look at the satalites for the UKOPS events, they only seem to be for the Friday Bounty Hunter and Sunday Main Event, and not for the ones on Saturday and Monday??

I assume there will be satalites for the Saturday and Monday at some point? Or maybe ive missed something?? Which is quite possible :)

• edited August 2013

tikay, with Rumpo-ker, will the button effectively move anti-clockwise as people steal position?

• edited August 2013
    tikay, with Rumpo-ker, will the button effectively move anti-clockwise as people steal position?  
    Posted by aussie09

Ive played one of these tourneys before on Sky and did pretty well... the button jumps around the table pretty much randomly. occasinaly you manage to hold onto it for a hand or 2 and there can occasionally be one or 2 more active players that seem to have it constantly.  It doesnt just move anticlockwise.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Summer UKOPS is nearly here! : Ive played one of these tourneys before on Sky and did pretty well... the button jumps around the table pretty much randomly. occasinaly you manage to hold onto it for a hand or 2 and there can occasionally be one or 2 more active players that seem to have it constantly.  It doesnt just move anticlockwise.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    interesting.  might have a go and see what it's like.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Summer UKOPS is nearly here! : interesting.  might have a go and see what it's like.
    Posted by aussie09
    Never played one before but it must get pretty interesting towards the business end when it's push or fold poker. Not only jamming to win the blinds, but also to pinch the button. Must get pretty frustrating if you can't escape the blinds!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Summer UKOPS is nearly here! : Never played one before but it must get pretty interesting towards the business end when it's push or fold poker. Not only jamming to win the blinds, but also to pinch the button. Must get pretty frustrating if you can't escape the blinds!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Yeah it'll create a weird dynamic, getting stuck in the blinds card dead would be stress haha.
  • edited August 2013
    interesting.  might have a go and see what it's like.

-- do it! its a very fun format with all sorts of new head Fcuk situations to think about. the added possibility of people playing back at you purely to get the button/stop you from having the button AGAIN makes it very intersting.

Never played one before but it must get pretty interesting towards the business end when it's push or fold poker. Not only jamming to win the blinds, but also to pinch the button. Must get pretty frustrating if you can't escape the blinds!

-- its also pretty sweet being the one on the button being able to steal the blinds every time! in reality though, its unlikely the button gets to keep the button for more than 2 or 3 hands. the most annoying thing is being 2 to the left of the most agro/best player on the table. They will be consistently winning the button throughout, putting you consistently on the BB!
  • edited August 2013

Don't forget, the first UKOPS Event this evening starts at......

• edited August 2013

There are FIVE UKOPS events this evening, with Buy-Ins £3.30, £5.50, £55.00, £55.00 & £110.

Satellites galore, they will be in the Lobby shortly.

• edited August 2013
    Tikay, Will there be a leaderboard or any trophies/bracelets etc for winners of main events? Matt
    Posted by MattBates
    Morning Matt.

To the best of my knowledge, "no" to both questions, though I'll confirm shortly, as I've asked upstairs.

As to a Leaderboard, quite often one of the Community regulars runs a Leaderboard.

Which Events are you playing?

Timing is a bit awkward for me, as I have a house guest this weekend, but I'll try & play a few. Don't be busting me, right?
  • edited August 2013

REMINDER

The Sky Poker JACKPOT this evening will be on the Summer UKOPS MaIn @ 8pm, & the Summer UKOPS Mini, @ 8.15pm.

Hope someone wins it.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Summer UKOPS is nearly here! : Morning Matt. To the best of my knowledge, "no" to both questions, though I'll confirm shortly, as I've asked upstairs.   As to a Leaderboard, quite often one of the Community regulars runs a Leaderboard. Which Events are you playing? Timing is a bit awkward for me, as I have a house guest this weekend, but I'll try & play a few. Don't be busting me, right?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the response good sir, I will be playing everything pretty much. Congrats on the result on Friday night, we did share a table for a brief period in that one before I decided to bust!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Summer UKOPS is nearly here! : Thanks for the response good sir, I will be playing everything pretty much. Congrats on the result on Friday night, we did share a table for a brief period in that one before I decided to bust!
    Posted by MattBates
    Thanks Matt, no worries, that is why I started the thread.

Yes, we shared Tables on Friday, at the time I had an average stack, & you had 239,564,666,000 chips, which was 7,494 times average. You must have been getting a lot of good starting hands, as you were raising or re-raising every hand.

Thought you were unlucky to exit actually, I saw the hand, you shoved on the river, & he called you with the nut boat on an all paint board, & your 4-3 failed to hold. Most unlucky, I thought. How do these guys make these calls?

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Summer UKOPS is nearly here! : Thanks Matt, no worries, that is why I started the thread. Yes, we shared Tables on Friday, at the time I had an average stack, & you had 239,564,666,000 chips, which was 7,494 times average. You must have been getting a lot of good starting hands, as you were raising or re-raising every hand. Thought you were unlucky to exit actually, I saw the hand, you shoved on the river, & he called you with the nut boat on an all paint board, & your 4-3 failed to hold. Most unlucky, I thought. How do these guys make these calls?   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Guy was obviously a fish, just so bad. My play was perfect, I couldn't have played it any better. If these bad players didn't keep making their bad plays I would win every time!

Also, good luck in the rest of UKOPS, I heard it was really soft and full of sat winners and Spanish/French players so will be really soft and soft...did I say it would be soft?*

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Summer UKOPS is nearly here! : Guy was obviously a fish, just so bad. My play was perfect, I couldn't have played it any better. If these bad players didn't keep making their bad plays I would win every time! Also, good luck in the rest of UKOPS, I heard it was really soft and full of sat winners and Spanish/French players so will be really soft and soft...did I say it would be soft?*
    Posted by MattBates
    Lol, I wish I had a quid for every staking request I'd read that said that! Usually followed a day or two later by "I bust, some idiot called me with garbage".

Gotta love those guys. Swimming with the tide & all that.
  • edited August 2013

Ahem.

So, SUMMER UKOPS continues this evening, with 5 Events.

The Sky Poker Jackpot will be on the 8pm Main, & 8.15pm Mini, both of which are Bounty Hunters.

Any questions about tonight, fire away. Not literally, like..... 

Details of tonight's Events are HERE

• edited August 2013
    Let's hope tonight's events run more smoothly to programme than last nights. Not one of Sky's better nights, was it?