You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Inspired by HITMAN_RV....

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
sweeet great idea from hitman :)

Comments

• edited August 2013

We never thought we'd say that! ;)

Anyway, inspired by the thread Dave put up and for a bit of fun, we're running an SPT Newcastle Freeroll which is a points satellite. It's 5,000 points to enter, winner gets an SPT seat (you will be put in manually later)

If you are already in the SPT Newcastle, there is no point in entering as there is no cash equivalent and it's not transferable.

There's also some all-in satellites into this, 1 in 10 @ 500 points.

We don't know how many runners it will get but it's there if you want to play it. If not many people enter, the better your chances!

We'll learn from doing this so look out for other similar events in the future.

Enjoy and good luck!

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    WOW!!!

TYTY!!!

WELL............The HitMan Speaks...Sky Listens!!!!

...Shame I canna play tonight, am on cabbing duities fa MrsH & Mates to Dover St Wine Bar!!

.......Might Pop into the Ritz for a £25 Gin & Tonic to Celebrate, I'm so Street Ghetto!!!

CHEERS SKY!!
    I Got 35,000 points to spend some where...MORE PLEASE!!!!
  • edited August 2013
    When are the all in sats taking place?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Inspired by HITMAN_RV....:
    When are the all in sats taking place?
    Posted by JBuss
    They are in the lobby now.
  • edited August 2013
    Nice idea!

Aghhh, I have 4873 poker points, lol. All-in sats it is then!
  • edited August 2013
    Wish paying 5000 poker points for the chance to win a £110 SPT seat was good value for money but it isnt. Its nothing short of daylight robbery, because Sky can charge what they like for these satelites as there is nothing else for players to spend their points on.

May of been slightly better if it was 5000 points to buy in, 1 in x amount of people get a seat. Not 5000 points in and only one seat. What happens if 100 people buy in. You are giving a £110 seat a value of 500,000 points. Incredible really.
  • edited August 2013
    BARGAIN!!! ........

"Roll Up, Roll Up!!!!

Come On Mum!!!! 

Get Ya Nana's & SPT Seats!!"
  • edited August 2013
    Wish paying 5000 poker points for the chance to win a £110 SPT seat was good value for money but it isnt. Its nothing short of daylight robbery, because Sky can charge what they like for these satelites as there is nothing else for players to spend their points on. May of been slightly better if it was 5000 points to buy in, 1 in x amount of people get a seat. Not 5000 points in and only one seat. What happens if 100 people buy in. You are giving a £110 seat a value of 500,000 points. Incredible really.
    Posted by JBuss
    Sorry you think that, you dont have to play it if you dont want to but some will. If a small number play because people agree with you, then it's better value for those that do play.

Also, don't forget, you still get paid Sky Poker rewards for how much you have earned in the month so it will not be affected if you play this.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    BARGAIN !!! ........ "Roll Up, Roll Up!!!! Come On Mum!!!!  Get Ya Nana's & SPT Seats!!"
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Thought you would like this!
  • edited August 2013
    Nice idea! Aghhh, I have 4873 poker points, lol. All-in sats it is then!
    Posted by goldnballz
    Thank you and good luck!
  • edited August 2013
    18 players in the first all-in sat. 1 in 10 it says win a seat.

Surely 2nd place should've got 4000 points?? They got nothing...
  • edited August 2013
    18 players in the first all-in sat. 1 in 10 it says win a seat. Surely 2nd place should've got 4000 points?? They got nothing...
    Posted by goldnballz
    Unbelievable scenes!
  • edited August 2013
    18 players in the first all-in sat. 1 in 10 it says win a seat. Surely 2nd place should've got 4000 points?? They got nothing...
    Posted by goldnballz
    That's not possible to sort for this test but we'd look at in future. 
  • edited August 2013

10 x £11 BH seats gtd. Total PP = £110 freeroll = 50 points to enter.

1 x £110 spt seat gtd. Total PP = £110 freeroll = 5,000 points to enter.

Sky bumhunting the fish like all their big raking players do :D

• edited August 2013
    is this c4p or poker points?
  • edited August 2013
    10 x £11 BH seats gtd. Total PP = £110 freeroll = 50 points to enter. 1 x £110 spt seat gtd. Total PP = £110 freeroll = 5,000 points to enter. Sky bumhunting the fish like all their big raking players do :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Don't forget these calculations are affected by the number of runners.

We'll obviously review this after the event to look at the value for future events.

Again, it's entirely people's own choice.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    is this c4p or poker points?
    Posted by robbie1992
    Poker points.

It has no effect on your Sky Poke Rewards payment (formely called C4P)

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    Wish paying 5000 poker points for the chance to win a £110 SPT seat was good value for money but it isnt. Its nothing short of daylight robbery, because Sky can charge what they like for these satelites as there is nothing else for players to spend their points on. May of been slightly better if it was 5000 points to buy in, 1 in x amount of people get a seat. Not 5000 points in and only one seat. What happens if 100 people buy in. You are giving a £110 seat a value of 500,000 points. Incredible really.
    Posted by JBuss
    Sigh......how can it be daylight robbery for sky to give £110 away for x amount of poker points when they have practically no use anywhere else?....

P.s. I'm in!
  • edited August 2013
    lol at IDCU regged for 5000pt sat, but still playing 500pt all-in sats. 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Inspired by HITMAN_RV.... : Sigh......how can it be daylight robbery for sky to give £110 away for x amount of poker points when they have practically no use anywhere else?.... P.s. I'm in!
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    I Agree - I'm in too gl

ps. but there just ain't  no pleasing some folk lol
  • edited August 2013
    i`m already in for newcastle and i`m off out tonight,but well done to sky and dave for this idea gives people a chance to play in a 2 day event with a nice prizepool for points.
  • edited August 2013
    Great idea - I hope Sky do other things in the future for a chance to use a large amount of points up in one go. For most people they're just sitting in accounts doing nothing and waiting for this kind of Freeroll.
  • edited August 2013
    could someone tell me where the all in sats are in the lobby?
  • edited August 2013
    I think the sats are finished, late reg still open for the main freeroll though.
  • edited August 2013
    I agree totally with DOHHHHHH here, great idea but even if you have 5,000+ points, why risk them on a seat worth £110. 

Sky need to do i monthly 5,000 point freeroll where prizes are worth something more then on offer here.

1st - 5th  primo seat.
    6th - 10th  12k sky sports b/h seats
    11th - 20th  £11 main tickets (so can choose which night to play on a night that suits)
    21st - 30th   £5.50 Mini Seats tickets (again tickets, so you can choose a night that suits you)

total prizes = £605   for 5,000 points seems fair, as at moment can play with the same 5,000 points.
    2k b/h seat   50pts  1st - 10th seat worth £11  =  £110 so 100 of these can be played at total prizepoll of £1100

This spt freeroll will appeal for some, and others on here with 5,000+ points do not want to play for little mtt's.
    So please SKY bring this to the table once a month. It might bring in more players as you need rake to earn POINTS so all in all this will work.

Points and prizes can be altered, but using my example as a guideline.

Gl all at the tables. 
  • edited August 2013
    Missed this tonight. I have 100k+ points though so 5k is a mere dip in the ocean.
  • edited August 2013
    Missed this tonight. I have 100k+ points though so 5k is a mere dip in the ocean.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Exactly!!

lots of US in same boat!!

GL Mate