You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

all-in every hand - how to react?

It happens every now and then ...

You come across a player who once they're ahead on chips plays all-in every hand.  Worse still it's their only way of playing.  No names.  Not yet anyway.

If you leave it too long to react to the obvious all-in rag cards they're further ahead. 
They only need to a fluke one victim and the all-in 'gambler' is double stacked.

Often it seems the all-in every hand strategy wins by creating impatience among opponents. 
The continual all-ins can lead to calls with less strong hands.

If I wanted to play all-in every hand I'd be playing coin flips, or roulette. 
I find this type of play annoying - is it considered poor etiquette?

I'd be very grateful for any tips on how to handle 'gamblers' who play all-in every hand.

Thanks

Amphibious

Comments

• edited December 2009
    my plan is usually to wait for QQ....call them and lose to raggy A or K....then have a beer
  • edited December 2009

Ur in town, had a few, n every single woman u look at offers to take u home for the night.

U wait, wait wait,

wait wait, ...knowing ur certain u cant fail....

wait wait wait.....

THEN BANG!  -  Literally ;)

DOHH
  • edited December 2009

Are these retorical questions? :-)
  • edited December 2009
    Serious answer: Be patient. Open your calling range up but not too much. Personally I'd call with any 2 paint and >A-8, plus any PP. At the end of the day he's gonna bust soon and you want his money before anybody else can get it.

Joke answer: Sit out til he busts or just call him every hand.

As for etiquette, it's not really considered bad etiquette as at the end of the day, it's his money and he can do what he wants with it. It's not against the rules of poker and personally, as the better player, we want people like him to keep playing our games because we WILL win against him overall.
  • edited December 2009
    Dont play against them unless you have to, its as simple as that!
    normally these people do this when the blinds are low.. let a few round pass or until someone else calls them... but dont drop your guard and call with a raggy ace!
  • edited December 2009
    Just wait for big pocket pairs, don't call with anything else as you might only be 60-40 favorite. Although if your like very short stcked open up a lot more.
  • edited December 2009
    If you're heads up and the blinds are big enough, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this strategy. In fact, it is probably the right strategy against many players who don't adapt to HU play.
  • edited December 2009
    You have to widen ur range but also i would hope that the rest of the table are also doing similar.  Therefore, it isnt simply a case of watching ur cards when he has shoved but also ur position.  eg he open shoves and ur next to act and have K,10. Thats an above average hand to call someone who's shoving every hand.  However, there are also players behind u who may have u both crushed and ur suddenly out.

Therefore, I would def open my calling range but only call if one of the last to act in the hand.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: all-in every hand - how to react?:
    You have to widen ur range but also i would hope that the rest of the table are also doing similar.  Therefore, it isnt simply a case of watching ur cards when he has shoved but also ur position.  eg he open shoves and ur next to act and have K,10. Thats an above average hand to call someone who's shoving every hand.  However, there are also players behind u who may have u both crushed and ur suddenly out. Therefore, I would def open my calling range but only call if one of the last to act in the hand.
    Posted by phil12uk
    nail on the head!
  • edited December 2009

Generous of you all to take time to share your knowledge.

Thanks for your constructive contributions.

Amphibious